Garage Ideas

Hello, Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums here needing some help.

I have a car collection that has outgrown my garage space, and what I'm planning on doing is constructing a new building for my business and having the first floor be garage space for my cars.

You guys collect any inspiration for what a well designed large garage might look like? I have 16 cars now, so probably would like it to house ~20 cars, and include a wash bay + lift bay. The easier to drive in and out the better. Obviously capacity is going to depend on how big of a piece of land I can get that I think is smart to bank and build on.

Other urls found in this thread:

rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-and-911r/899286-picture-of-your-garage.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>high end garage
>10 foot ceilings
thread hidden

Are you or your cars 25 feet tall by any chance?

I'd be building a commercial building "shell", so the ceilings would be significantly higher. Taller ceilings would also be required for me to have a lift.

Idea is I buy the land, building a concrete multistory building that is mostly hollow on the inside, then I use the first floor as a garage, and second and third floors for some work related things, and then if someone wants to buy it/I outgrow it in the future, a potential buyer could easily convert it into offices or apartments or whatever.

One idea I had was I liked the Porsche museums walls, which I believe in the photography world is called a cyclorama. White floor would be tough, but maybe could do black until the edges or something for some cool contrast.

Perhaps a bad use of space, but, just an idea I had.

Veeky Forums's ideal garage is the bus depot so find some pics of those.

Post collection tho.

fuck all that shit.

go big concrete

google "brutalist architecture"

in short, build a fucking bunker for those cunts. will be cost affective, time will be minimal (because pouring concrete slabs in factory is faster than putting up a frame) and it'll look awesome. also fire proof as well.

go concrete.

If you'll have a lift friendly ceiling anyway, you might as well make every bay a lift and save half the space.

It will be concrete, as I'm in Florida and that's pretty much the go-to material down here because of the hurricanes and insulate properties. Not sure if I'd do something brutalist. I know I don't want to build this ultra-modern shit I see everywhere down here now, everything is a white box. I'd probably do exposed concrete with maybe some warm stone or something to add some visual interest. Not really sure yet.

I'll make sure I have the room and power for that. Having cars stored on lifts can be irritating unless needed - that's why I was thinking just a different bay for lifts. Not as easy to take the car out if one is below it, also if the car above has a leak can cause problems. But if I can't find a plot big enough for everything, I would likely go the lift route. This is very clean looking, thanks.

I love the photo you posted though because I think that's how I'd want the cars configured. A roadway in the middle, with bay doors on either side, so that it is easy to get individual cars in and out.

>google brutalist architecture

Without a center alley you'd never get the rearmost cars out again anyway. Seperate garage door for every bay is only possible for a certain number of bays.

rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-and-911r/899286-picture-of-your-garage.html

Absolutely avoid mixing up similar materials like different stone finishes unless you or your architect know exactly what you're doing. Mix up the concrete ground level by including spacious glass fronts on the upper levels. Sunshading can nevertheless be installed outside of the building, but it's important to visually break up the concrete surface.

>not a tool in sight
not surprised

wow i just did that looks terrible

Wood (for example on the upper floors) and vegetation (wall planters or overgrown concrete) can also break up the appearance.

t. first year architect

Here's what overgrowth does to an otherwise absolutely lifeless wall. You'll have to consider overgrowth in the design though and limit its spread with regular maintenance, otherwise it may slowly damage different materials on upper levels or even the concrete itself on the ground floor. Wood also requires increased maintenance compared to hard surfaces.

Right, I'd never want to end up with that clusterfuck.

Thanks, I'll thumb through these.

Thanks. I'll hire an architect of course, but, I'll do lots of my own research as well. I really like the building you just posted, although I couldn't do all that glass on my upper levels for a myriad of reasons. But that warm looking wood in contrast with the concrete is exactly what I'm talking about to break it up.

Yes, beautiful. I'm in Florida so wood is a problem with termites, but I know there are lots of synthetics now. Or maybe I can resin saturate certain woods or something. Or maybe use a composite-honeycomb panel and then just laminate wood veneer over it sealed. I'd have to be creative doing wood elements, but probably worthwhile and achievable.

some people like having a clean workspace.

not to mention it will be infested with rats and mice.

Yes, surgeons. But their tools get steamcleaned after every use for medical reasons. You're not a surgeon.

not owning a tool and having a tool put away are two different things yuppie

>tfw will never own a house like this
>tfw will probably never own any house in my lifetime
>tfw will probably never live in a place that has a garage

:/

for fucks sake. then stop spending so much time on Veeky Forums and actually do something to move you away from being a goddamn worthless loser.

that house is ugly bro

It truly is, but it was the next best example I could find of ground floor concrete combined with glass upper floors.

>glass upper floors.
I couldn't handle all that glass, I can't imagine not having any privacy. I guess if you lived in a forest or something, but people build stuff like that here in Florida and in compact little high end neighborhoods and then they end up just covering all the glass with drapes since everyone can see in.

OP said it's going to be an office building above the ground floor.

If you dont mind making sacrifices about where you live, houses can be found for fairly cheap and Im not talking about the ghetto either.

Who else wants to live in a garage?

get a tall garage with lifts in each spot. park more cars under the lifts. of course leave room for a free service lift and future additions
>first floor garage+ workshop
>second floor loft apartment
the perfect home

I feel like you could make some good money making prefab Veeky Forums homes like that

>not having a lift

Quonset huts

It's nice to look at but how do you get anything done with that compressor?