Restoring worthless cars

How about spending 10k in money to restore a 500$ car?

Actually laughed irl at this, honestly not that hard to find some clean examples of old shitboxes for practically nothing tho

10k? Are you coating the body with gold in the process?

What's your question? People do this all the time.

Well take a 2000$ version of a 500$ shitbox and spend 8k on restoring it? what about that

To begin it needs to be fully stripped, rust needs proper welding and then it must go in a galvanization bath.
and all the other

Is this a genuine consideration or just a meme thread?

that's what primer is for

a bath of galvanizing is much better

no it fucking isn't

Depends. If you're going full wheeler dealers and restoring it to sell afterwards, of course fucking not.
If otoh you like the car and intend to keep it, then why the fuck wouldn't you? It's your money and your car, fuck the haters. In fact I'm restomodding a shitbox myself. Aiming at something similar to pic related, minus the white coated wheels.
Really, restoring a shitbox is the true "fuck you I like it"

restoring shitboxes as dailys is the true mark of an enthusiast.

Semi related
What are some shitboxes that there are literally no clean examples of?

Early gookshit?

Anything that was popular a couple of years ago.

Yeah pretty much, Chevrolet Citation would be the ultimate if you can find one (if you're in the States that is)
Here it's Hyundai Excels and old Camrys/Corollas or poverty pack Commodores and so on

Kia Pride
Hyundai Pony

I'm partially restoring a 2000 Impreza 2.5 RS coupe. They only made around 8500 of them and they all seem to be either $3k rust buckets or $15k clean body with a STI engine swap.

Any early mazda rotary

>tfwywn drive an old rotary minitruck

5 and 6 gen civics
Literally all riced out

very nice do u have some pics of your car?
i like the idea of having a unique car where as all the others are rusting away at the junkyard and drive mine in factory new conditions. maybe engine swap the old 1.3 for something better and a automatic transmission for more cruising and chilling.

This.
>t. currently prepping a 4th gen civic hatchback shitbox for a car show coming up in late September.

A couple, but I'm right now at a very limited mobile data to upload, plus the project is at a very early stage. I have around a dozen replacement parts for the worn ones already, and set up with a m8 to help with the cracked pillars (common fault on these) and a couple rusted spots, where the steel is too thin for my basic skills to work on. Other than that the shell is surprisingly clean, although I'm sure living in sunny Portugal definitely plays a part.
I might go for a little modding afterwards, but first things first: before anything repair what I have, then mod it.
Helps a lot if you're working on a relatively common car, especially as a learner, since parts are 1) cheap, and 2) easy to find. For the most part anyway. I'm still looking for a set of GSI skirts and arches, things are a pain to find.

>spending 10k on Swift
How? It was less than 10k when it was new.

As long as you're doing it yourself, it should cost half of that price

>Hyundai Excel
Ah, the most ironically named car ever.

i would love to have one in mint condition

I'm going to put a new frame under my Isuzu Hombre because fuck you I like it

I have more money then brains

This is for sale in Tampa, right

A friend of mine bought one off an old lady that had 3000 miles on it. It was a really nice shitbox to drive and it didnt do any of the typical excel crap like blow smoke or anything.