Why should I not buy a 240sx?

Why should I not buy a 240sx?

noodle chassis, heavy. slow, meme taxed, ugly, looks like a family sedan or some shit, chances of finding a nice one is zero

they're money pits because they're almost always ruined by previous owners

t. dog rapist

Shit chassis, rusty, slow, rice taxed,

did they weld the turbo to the exhaust?

That's obviously the intake, exhaust is never made of aluminum.

a poisonous, toxic fanbase that runs on bro jobs, Swishers, and male jewelry. They will follow you home.

thats the induction part of the turbo dummy

whoops. my point still stands about welding it though, shouldn't you use a clamp to allow for flex?

The cold side doesn't really move much, it's not heating and cooling, expanding and contracting.
I'm surprised there's no v-band between the two turbos tho, they are going to have to cut the intake in half to separate them.
Not a big deal if you have a welder though, you can always just weld it back together in a few minutes.

why the fuck did they weld the intake to the turbos

it's still fucking pointless and retarded lol

Less rubber boots and clamps, the more rubber boots you have the more likely you'll have boost leaks and shit will pop apart, people weld intakes to the turbo housings pretty often, it's not uncommon.
Esp at super high boost levels, hoses pop off sometimes.
read above

clamps are good enough for fuel pressure which is much higher than even high boost levels.

Remember how pressure is rated. PSI. Square-cube law is a bitch.

Those hoses are much smaller and therefor have less force acting upon them, 100psi against a 1 sq/in surface vs 100psi acting against a 100sq/in surface, guess which one has more force acting on it?

???? are u mentally challenged

you're fucking retarded lol
the larger surface area has less fucking pressure on it.

No, but judging by the composition of your post, you might be. Pressure exerts more force when applied over a greater area. Fuel lines are fucking tiny, of course they can hold more pressure with just clamps. There's not as much surface area for the pressure to act upon.

>pounds per square inch
>add more inches while maintaining the same pressure
hmm I wonder what happens

>You will never find one worth a shit
>Engine a shit
>Slow as a Honda fit
>They're all 5-7k
>Floppy

and your clamping force is higher

Not proportionately

exactly proportionally

No, the clamping force does not scale proportionately.
Weren't you just calling somebody retarded for saying that force increases as surface area increases?
That's so easy to see that it's false, I'm not sure it's worth my time to reply to you.
You got BTFO'd and you failed to see something a 3rd grader could easily comprehend, you should probably go back to school.

psi is psi.

it's still 60 lbs per sq inch. the total force might be higher but it's being supported by a bigger clamp with more surface area.

how is this not fucking obvious to you.

>psi is psi.
>it's still 60 lbs per sq inch
Yes, but there are many many more square inches on a 3 inch diameter hose than on a 0.25in diameter hose, MANY more.
The clamp would have to be 3 inches wide to scale with the same clamping force as a 1/4in wide hose clamp on a 1/4in diameter hose, imagine both sides of a 3 inch diameter silicone boot have a 3 inch wide clamp on them, 6 inches wide total of clamp.
a fucking 6 inch wide boot and clamp under a hood to scale the clamping force proportionately.
Do you not see how impractical this is?
Do you understand why it's welded now?
Clamping force literally does not scale proportionately.

Drift tax. They've also become less uncommon since so many are wrecked.

>Yes, but there are many many more square inches on a 3 inch diameter hose than on a 0.25in diameter hose, MANY more
No one is debating that the force isn't higher. But it's distributed over a larger area. So the needed clamping force is the same.
it takes as much force from your fingers to hold back 100psi from a straw as it does 100psi from a garden hose. it takes exactly 100 psi.

LMP, Formula 1.. all use clamps and they run 3 bar.

>it takes as much force from your fingers to hold back 100psi from a straw as it does 100psi from a garden hose
There's more square inches on a garden hose tho, so no.
Also, of course you're going to need clamps somewhere, you can't have the entire thing be solid, there will be clamps and boots.
You should minimize the use of clamps and boots to cut back on potential points for failure, you only want a boot and clamp where you have to disassemble something to fit it into place, then boot it up after it's in.
Boots and clamps are for disassembly and re-assembly in the vehicle, an attempt should always be made to minimize their use as every joint is a potential spot for a failure to occur.