/ndg/ - Nier/Drakengard General #XLIV

>[THIS GENERAL HAS SPOILERS]

Least Wrong Edition

If you have any suggestions or links you think would be useful, then respond with it to the OP and help build up the archives.

>[Official NieR:Automata page]
platinumgames.com/games/nier-automata/

>[DRAKENGARD/NIER COLLECTION ARCHIVE] - World Guides, Novellas, Lore, etc.
mega.nz/#F!1U9FABJA!mMSLFtaWnMsjC5kNrzsgHA

>[PC Troubleshooting]
pastebin.com/qEZD3VLJ (embed) (embed)
>[NieR:Automata Unit Data & Fishing Encyclopedia] - Untranslated, use Chrome
wiki3.h1g.jp/nierautomata/index.php?個体データ

>[/ndg/ Downloads Pastebin] - Ripped OST, Lewds, Steam Reskin
pastebin.com/YWG8irCu (embed) (embed)

>[NieR: Automata Mining and Moddin Steam Group]
steamcommunity.com/groups/nierMnM

>Nier Automata Lossless OST + Bonus HACKING TRACKS Disc

>PASSWORD=hikaru
mega.nz/#F!xpND2ZQI!SGnaDUc7MW5VDCJ4B9q4xA
mega.nz/#F!ppsjEICJ!SH2WwEAxnsQd99rZfN6u8Q

>English track list
vgmdb.net/album/65091

Previous thread:

What is fast travel machine?

First for weapon stories.

Higher modifier and much higher chance.

>first

Save points. Vending machines. If you have Emil unlocked you should have them.

I miss the old longer weapon stories.
They are so short now

Is there any resource guide? I need pure water upgrade parts for pods. Also stretched coils.

Google the mat name + automata usually.

Pure water spawns on the ground in the flooded city.

2B is the cure for Gally addiction

The only materials you can't buy are Pure Water (gather in Flooded City) and the different kinds of Gadgets (Simple, Elaborate, Complex - save at the Forest Castle throne room and gather at the king's crib, reload if you don't get one).
The Gadgets are what really sucks, you can easily spend hours farming them. And no, there isn't a better way.

This game fucked me up. I finished Ending E just a little bit ago. They're gonna live and be happy forever... right?

I didn't want to give up doing the credits solo but eventually I gave in. I'm sorry to the bros whose data protected me.

Yeah, dodging cancels out your hack animation since 9S just stands there after he shoots his hack ball. So it's faster to just hack, dodge, hack

When does Emil start selling weapons?

no, probably not.

After you stop him in front of the resistance camp

You guys post too fast for a general.
I was trying to keep up but between work and automata, I ended up 3 threads deep in the archive.

Well maybe not forever but Nines totally gets to explore Toobies Iron Pipe now

2B AND 9S ARE LEWD!

You can get many Gadgets as quest rewards thankfully, Complex ones from the first sidequest you recieve (from the weapon seller) that's actually repeatable through chapter select, and Elaborate ones from the unit data sidequest. The Simple one I think you can get it too through some quest, but I'm not sure which one.

Farming the throne room is painful.

>stetched coils

You can get most machine pieces at Emil's shop depending on his location. Otherwise, I think the tall giant-dildo-looking robots drop them too, which you can find outside the resistance camp in C.

So no progression required?
Guess I'll keep trying.

Reported.

>Emils home
>Kaine's hut
Whoever was the muther fucker to choose the music piece for those areas is a fucking monster

Yeah, but after getting all the ones from quest rewards and chests you will still have to farm quite a few.
I think it's like 3 Simple, 3 Complex, and 2 Elaborate Gadget you just have to get via gathering at one point in time or another? Hopefully you got a couple from random gathering points while playing, because running to the crib for hours on end is easily the most painful thing in this game

This is like medium speed compared to other generals I've been in.

Where is the Kaine's hut?

>Happy forever
There's always a cycle for happiness and suffering, so no. But hey, at least Earth is a bit better now.

under the mall

Very important question: What does Adam mean by this?

Feelings too complex to be put into words

New yorha will be worse that before

The unit data sidequest gives you more than enough I think, because I remember not having to farm any thanks to that quest reward. You may need 3 Elaborate, but 4S gives you like 5 or something.

Complex ones, like I said, you can get them in a repeatable sidequest, so again, you don't have to farm the throne room for that, you just get the quest, go to the location to get the items but never actually finish the quest so you get to keep the items, and repeat until you have all you need.

The Simple ones, I don't know, but at least they have the higher drop rate of any other gadget.

It's not a "feeling".
It's a verb depicting an action basing on the sentence's grammar structure.
What kind of action is Adam referring to?

Asking if 9S wanted to triangle ass 2B, clearly

It's an action born from a feeling too complex to put into words. A mixture of hate, love, desperation, desire, reassurance, and confusion.
What 9S wants from 2B is too complex to be put into a single word, a single action.

An action that you DO TO someone, not NO WITH

Just run around with your scanner out as you play.

>equip 95% in weapon attack chips
>equip an 8% down attack chip
>100% weapon attack limit reached
>???

For some reason Down Attack chips count towards the weapon attack limit. Are they the most useless chip? I thought maybe you would be able to get some strong hits that way, since the chip seems bad on it's own, but it doesn't work.

How do i hack control machines? I did it once but now they just blows up.

scanners out for 2B

Sneak hack it. Can only subjugate or control if you are undetected.

Suru : to do
Shimasu [-masu form of suru] : to do
Shitai [-tai form of suru] : want to do

You're thinking about how much you want to lick 2B, aren't you?

At first I thought the top S-unit was being put in a chokehold by a man in a hazmat suit.

Affirmative. Deploying Scanners.

I now need a Saigado doujin with 2B and a bunch of 9S clones.

That's kinda hot.

Stopped Emil near camp exit and he still doesn't sell weapon, what to do?

WHY

WHY DID THEY HAVE TO DIE

NOT A SINGLE SOUL IN THIS FUCKING GAME DESERVED THEIR FATE

ROT IN HELL YOKO TARO REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

So what was the deal with that weapon story on one of 9S' swords that talked about a group of brothers that had a murderous traitor in their midst?

Was 9S turning into Caim a feature rather than a bug?

>9S got the collective consciousness of the machine network to fall in love with him
Is there anyone this shota can't seduce?

You get AS109 or ShindoL and you like it.
wait til C92. Some people have suffering on the backburners that they've been holding off on releasing samples of.

Well, it also depends on which version of the song he's singing. He has to be singing the sped up version. Haha, double RNG

>implying anyone deserves or doesn't deserve anything
it's easier to live if you stop thinking like that

He does sing speed up version and sell +6 stuff!

Ha!

9S is psychotic. The fact that you only see it get to him once doesn't mean it didn't happen before. Reasons are arbitrary.

>tfw can't get last ending because this faggot keeps glitching out in chapter 3 verse XIV

>played through the game without any mods
>no crash
>tried to install FAR for second playthrough
>crashes in 15 minutes
fug, looks like I'm going to endure shitty SSAO and upscale for a while

This. There's no fair or unfair. No right or wrong. No good or bad. Life's more dynamic than blacks and whites or stric adherence to poor labels and the more you look its actually all just shades of grey that ultimately doesn't mean jackshit so enjoy yourself before you cease.

He deserved to go nuclear

His waifu was literally stabbed by a bitter dirty catslut before he could save her

So what was the deal with that weapon story >on one of 9S' swords that talked about a group of brothers that had a murderous traitor in their midst?

I saw it as one (or all of them) becoming extremely paranoid after hearing that there was a traitor, paranoid enough that the sole survivor refused to believe the "traitor" hadn't already faked his death

>thinking emil is the cruel god 2B wanted to kill so much
Time to read between the lines user

dont you shit talk A2 you piece of shit

>fucked up the quote that hard

She's a dirty catslut.

And she likes it!

FIGHT ME!!
game needs PVP

What the hell is that supposed to mean and who's spreading this slander?

Yes. Fuck those who tell you otherwise.

>could save her
>logic virus
Uh oh

No user.
They feared a traitor despite all being innocent and so one was born from that fear where originally there were none.

yeah
that's why i put traitor in quotation marks

Its okay, user. We're here for you.

Oh. Well i'm extraordinarily tired so i missed that.

Would it even work?

Everyone would be 9s and hack everyone

Even without that the fighting styles are too imba

For the twin stick segments of Automata, what are the KB controls like? I heard WASD controls shooting direction but that doesn't make sense to me to have both movement and direction on the same binding. I know you can rebind, but is there anything you can do for those segments?

You can use the mouse to point, but that was unreliable as fuck for me, though that may have been cause mine was on the fritz.
Arrow keys do that too, but you're obviously limited to shooting in eight directions

Dohoho, you think you can beat me in pvp shmup? You probably can

Playing 9S with keyboard is a special kind of hell.

In my headcanon, knowing that humanity is already dead, they just get away from all the pointless bullshit together, and at the point when they would need more and more maintenance they just remove their OS chips together and go to android heaven.

He has A4's personality. Everyone loved her and it worked out for him in the end. It made me love him too.

Finally got him. I thought he sell head fist weapon that looks like him? It just two fist weapons.

I don't get it, I looked at a bunch of hacking levels and it seems easy to just dodge bullets and focus on the main thing/node/whatever the fuck its called in this game. Even with only 8 directions (if you're limiting yourself to KB exclusively for these segments) I don't see how these can be hard at all. Is 9S's hitbox xbox hueg?

Maybe I'm just used to being limited to 8 directions and folks today are spoiled by analog controls. I just can't imagine bullet hells being difficult, to me it's like solving a puzzle over and over again.

I just want a coop mode to be able to play as 2 cute scanners doing cute things while murdering thoroughly.

>Route C
>fighting against 9S
>he hacks you
>you don't play as the black sphere trying to destroy 9S' hack ship

Missed opportunity

You get those by defeating Emil in his cave.

How much are you willing to pay for the DLC?

>the leader/captain of the YoRHa Betrayers (side quest) is 8B
>the only squad that can stand against the machines on it's own during Route C/D start is 8B's squad
She was the GOAT B-model, wasn't she?

I just feel an extreme amount of discomfort doing it with keyboard.
I used to play 2hus shmup with keyboard but I can't do it in here for some reason.

I'd really like a co-op Taro game. Maybe you're playing as twins that can take damage for one another or some such, or you gain access to information the other isn't privy to, kind of like the hallucinations in Dead Space 3. I feel like Taro could really do something interesting with co-op.

Depends on the content, but I hope it won't exceed 15 EUR.

Well 2hu is a vertical shmup in which you shoot in one direction and your hitbox is tiny.

A gorrilion dollars to see 2B9S happiry ever after

But he never in that cave.

Whoops, meant to quote .

Whats your favourite pod program user?

Isn't that "implyied" in ending E?

Scanner :^)

Make sure he talked to you about his house deep underground, go there and steal his mask, go find and talk to him outside again, then go back and hack the chest that will be at his house.

Are you going to the right cave? The one you access through a pipe near City Ruins: Cave.
You have to talk to Emil first and then go down there to get into his cave. Steal one of his masks, talk to Emil again and walk to his cave again.