youtube.com/watch?v=kYqUOIvJIys
m.youtube.com/watch?v=CFXfSBR5Q9w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I take it to the machine wash thing like everyone else

well u should hand wash it from now on

those machines are awful for ur car

All you fags need one of these

I usually just run it through the hands-free carwash

I haven't had a chance to wash my car yet.
It's killing me inside.

>paying to pour acid on your paint

bro stop doing that

I like to just dowse it in water and let the sun dry it. Sun has to be over 100 for it to work, though.

ok bro just hand wash it

use a hose and add a layer of water

and then mix some soap with water, and use a soap glove or whatever to dip it in the soapy water and spread it all around your car

then hose it off again

then dry it with some clean towels or a squeegee

I wait six months or until my car is completely brown then wash it in the machine.

Bought the XL one to replace my fraying megs microfiber towels and holy FUCK what a difference. What used to take about 3 towels now just takes one of these and I feel much better about the material.

Highly recommend. It's like 10 bucks on amazon.

>dry it with a squeegee
Fuck no, may as well dry it with sandpaper

>own a black car, 10 years old
>haven't washed it in literally over a year
>live in an area with a lotta sun
>roof paint miraculously hasn't started degrading yet, unlike the red paint on my neighbors Hyundai
How do I start taking proper care of my peint again, b/o/ys?

Tap water(for the additive chems that preserve paint infrastructure)
Wash it with polyester towels(Micro can scratch it to the primer)
Start bottom to top, so as to let gravity do its job.

And then wax it, just in case.

I might be dumb, but I'm not retarded

i like when people actually put effort into being retarded

5/7

>pressure wash
>snow foam
>pressure wash again
>grab two buckets
>one clean water, one soapy
>grit guard the clean water one
>big fluffy mitt thing with a sponge in it
>wash top to bottom a panel at a time
>clean off the mitt in the water bucket each time
>rinse off
>grab my fuckhuge microfibre
>dry that badboy off
>slam the doors and shit a few times to get the water out
>dry that badboy off fully
>sit back and admire my work

I cant find a grit guard to save my life...

Compound (abrasive to cut through paint) polish (removes fine swirls from compound) sealant (protects paint, apply every six months and car will stay looking new) do all this with microfiber towels and pads and don't be a lazy fuck about it, trust me your paint will look good.

Meguiars compound
Meguiars polish
Chemical guys Jet seal

How do I wash best at a coin op with no towels to dry?

Use the spotless dry feature

>y'all best be hand drying em
>not getting behind the wheel and hitting 100 to dry it off

fag. You probably jerk off into your gas tank, too.

i'm pretty basic so feel free to tell me tips

>2 bucket method with some zip wash
>pressure washer with filter
>start top work way down, rinse after each major area
>microfiber wash mit thing
>soak wheels in wheel cleaner but never helps
>always end up using another older mit to wipe down wheels
>degreaser stuff for exhaust tips
>also degreaser in wheel wells and spray with washer
>hand dry the whole car with microfiber somewhat quickly
>usually move the car back a bit in driveway then stomp brake to loosen water
>do rainx for front and rear windows, front windows and side mirrors
>sometimes tire shine but i don't really like it
>meguiars carbonaroduba wax maybe every 1.5 month
>wipe down interior with walmart cleaning wipes (non shiney)

I've never done polishing, buffing, or compounding. Mostly because I don't really know what order I should be doing it

What country? Shit comes up straight away on eBay where I am.

Sure you can make your own quite easily anyway with some creativity, it's just a piece of plastic.

for a quick dust off rinse i use a cheap foam gun with cheap car soap/wax and then not dry it. i prefer water marks over scratches and fuck pollen

>soak wheels in wheel cleaner but never helps
Maybe you're using shitty stuff, or it isn't aggressive enough. I just have cheap no-name shit and it cleans up my wheels great just from a quick spray and a rinse.

Also you should clean your wheels before your paint. It's better this way because you don't want to accidentally spray wheel cleaner on your paint and have it sit.

>I've never done polishing, buffing, or compounding
You can get a pretty dramatic improvement just from something as simple as a swirl/scratch filler (they are marketed as swirl removers but aren't), assuming your car has minor scratches to fill in the first place. Just apply it like wax, buff off, then wax as normal.

Conpound then polish,then sealant. Use foam pads or you'll burn up your paint using machine

Enjoy your circles in the paint

OP I was my car at the dealership, have free range access to all the cleaning supplies and get to detail my car once a week and typically wash it twice a week (thursdays before the car meets, and Sundays because its slow as fuck and my car is usually really dirty after the racing on thursdays)

why would you hand dry it, it will only get wet again anyway

You're just wearing down your clear coat. Hopefully no one else is following your advice on polishing away their clear coat.

I'm not saying to compound and polish every day fool, you do it ONE TIME and reapply sealant every 3-6 months to protect it.

are you me

that's exactly what I do

>Maybe you're using shitty stuff, or it isn't aggressive enough
could be, car in question is an ST which is horrible for brake dust even on stock pads

I'm not an expert on the matter, but if the wheel cleaner you've got has a bunch of warnings about not letting it sit for more than a few minutes, it's probably strong enough.

with a bucket of soapy water and a rag, that's pretty much it.

Found a picture of your car.

Do you use a towel to dry it, or do you just spin dry?

You need one of these

Uhh no, I use a rotary buffer to polish, then wax with carnuba.
kek, fur real tho, I use one of those california water blades to get most of the water off, then a towel fur the rest.

I did all that shit, waxed all the time and everything. Then my shit got fucked up in a hailstorm and now IDGAF.

man, your paint must be in excellent condition

if you didnt notice, that was sarcasm

I don't trust those blades.
I just use one of those absorber towels. Works pretty well.

I hope this is bait, but given the stupidity of tripfags I wouldn't be surprised if you're being genuine.

Yeah man, you gotta be careful with the blade, if there's any dirt left on your car it'll scratch the fuck out of your paint, I usually wipe it off and make sure it's clean before using it.
?
Rotary buffer master race
I use 205 or 105 and 205 if it's really fucked up
youtube.com/watch?v=kYqUOIvJIys

who bitch this is

i don't know but she looks like she has about a pound of airbrush makeup on her body

you are not supposed to use a rotary buffer every time you wash your car

Wow really, wasn't aware of this.

I got one of those drying blades for my birthday but I dont really like it. It's nice for big flatish surfaces like the hood and rear deck, but you still have to use a towel after anyway to get the inevitable missed spots. I'm gonna go back to my synthetic chamois.

google image, nerd

There's a nice self-service car wash near me that I use, except I don't touch the scrub brush

The spotless dry seems to be fine when I just let it dry on its own

yeah really check it out. youll ruin your paint if you keep doing that

Nah I just drive mine cause my car doesn't take double digits to hit 60.

>all those swirl patterns
don't tell me you also reuse towels you dropped

Anyone do the Chrisfix clean? m.youtube.com/watch?v=CFXfSBR5Q9w

Booth carwash
>high pressure hot soap spray to remove mud/dirt
>triple foam brush the whole thing
>high pressure rinse
>tire brush
>low pressure/reverse osmosis rinse
>hot clear coat protection for spot free

Takes 15mins to wash whole truck.

>stop being poor

I machine wash 2-3 times a week during the winter and spring (northeast USA, so corrosive salt barrage, then pollen turns everything yellow).

It gets swirlled as fuck, but I just have the detailer do a paint correction every other spring. Fucking looks better than new because the factory does a clown-tier job on the paint anyways.

>thread for washing your car
>only 1 cunt mentions a shammy

its like you cunts aren't even trying

>falling for the foam meme

Foam literally does nothing, it's added to shit purely because people think foam is some magical cleanser, but really they just add foaming agents to shit for the feels.

You sir are retarded, it's a good pre wash so you can get most the dirt and grime off ( unwaxed cars) before you go to wipe with mitts. If you keep your car detailed at all time with waxes you won't even need to touch it just spray with foam soap and rinse off. It makes soap application very easy

wash however you want
just clay bar and wax at end
its amazing

how do you clean the undercarriage?

The only reason I even go to a car wash is for that, to get rid of whatever after rain or snow

dont really give a shit about the paint, that's going to get scratched by bugs and shit eventually. As long as it's rust free, I'm happy.

Take it to a coin-op and use the wand, or a good touchless car wash.

>hand drying
kek
I use the pressure washer at the car wash (never touch it with the #yuckybrush), rinse with the spot free setting, then get straight on the highway and hit about 120 mph. When I get home a few miles later I just have to give it a quick once over with a microfiber towel and some detailing spray.

yea well I just drop trou and attach trump's mouth to my ass and blow pressurized hot air out my dick to dry my prius

What products do you niggers use on your fabric soft tops?
t. new meme car owner

raggtop

>foam cannon
>two bucket wash
>dry with microfibre towel

Some meguiar liquid soap that smells like oranges and passionfruit and a terry towel or two
Cut if needed with ultimate polish
Wax with ultimate synthetic
Microfibre it off then go over it with a chamois.

Looks nice. Until you get within a foot and see the horrible prep job the previous owner paid for.
Painted right the fuck over crazing, dubious masking etc.

>NC Miata
FUCKING DIE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Circular motions

Pleb detected

Shut the fuck up with your unironic spergposting.

Oh god. Please link that video, I wanna see the test drive.

Sorry man, just a random fucky image in my foh'chuns folder.

>spend an hour washing dead bugs off car
>spray silicone wax on all windows, hood roof and spoiler to avoid waterspots
>leave car overnight
>next morning covered in dew
>dew dries and leaves waterspots
wake me up

>paint full with scratches
>huge scratch on the hood
>no point in "detailing it"

Feels bad man, i want to respray it so hard.

Nah man I use a blow dryer to get all the water off.
I'm that lazy

If you just get your hose and pour it on steadily then you dont get water spots

as long as it dosnt splash you'r right

wat

Basically this. Do the wheels seperately and at the start. Once the main wash is done, dry it off, quick detailer on the roof/bonnett/boot, cycle the roof, clean the door jams, hoover the inside, interior detailer, job jobbed.

This usually takes me a couple of hours tops including getting all the gear set up and general laziness.

>dropping microfibres

fucking fuck this rustles me, i have 5 or 6 of these and i always fucking drop one of them as soon as i start. As soon as it touches the ground its 65% grit.

>2 bucket method
>Foam gun + rinse for a quick wash, hop on highway for a blow dry
>Clay if it absolutely needs it
>Wax every 3-4 washes
>Seal w/ Meguiar's M21 every 6 Months

Been eyeballing Jescar Power Lock sealant though.

>grab 2 bottles of Wesley's Tire Bleche
>go to DIY car wash place
>spray truck and tires down with Wesley's
>pressure wash off
>foam brush the shiny bits and windows
>pressure wash again

Done. The benefits of having some mysteriously fucked up respray thanks to the previous owner.

>a good touchless car wash.
That's what I do but from what I understand those are really bad for car paint anyways since they have to use chemicals that are too strong so it can actually clean touchless.

heck, wand or touchless, how do I even know I'm not just pushing the salt / mud further into the undercarriage when I'm washing it.

fuck rust, I stopped loving my first (new-to-me) car when I noticed it had a shit ton of rust underneath covered by the "rust-proofing"

I just put 1 euro in the pressure washer, select the rinse program, wash for 140 seconds, then dry it with my 2.50 euro chink microfiber cloth.
I do this once every 2 weeks, maybe more if birds don't shit on my soft top.

ChrisFix superclean+ regular touch washes

>tfw have a car i never took care of
>suddenly notice the shitty paint
halp, i have polishing compound and wax. Is that all i need for swirls and small scratches? Should i clay it first?

It has 3 years of wax neglect

Wash, claybar with alot of quick detailer,compound,polish, ONE TIME, then apply a sealant every 6 months to keep it looking good. What car any pictures?

washing cars is a waste of time

at best I take it to a machine but I dont even care about that

Thanks user, here's a picture. I have alot to deal with so wish me luck.

It's a 08' bmw 328xi. I like the standard look of their cars.

You need a real compound for that, not a compound/polish hybrid. Get some foam pads and take your time. Wash and claybar on a Friday then Saturday apply all waxes. Get a sealant or all the work will go to waste if you don't have a protective layer of wax. The compound and polish will just cut through paint to make it look new but you need a sealant to keep it that way. Goodluck

So wash then claybar, rubbing compound then polishing compound. Wax and sealant.
Thanks!
I have rubbing compound and polishing compound separate. It's turtle wax renew rx stuff, hopefully this is enough. Going to have to do it by hand.

this is what i plan to do
chris fix is a god

whats a shammy?

what a bunch of virgins are here, lol!!! This year I never washed my car, and I think last one too.. if rains is enough, i don't give a fuck about washing dust, the metalic green color looks super cool in all conditions

epic bait my guy

I was skeptical too before I used it, but that shit really is like magic. It cleans my car really well just from a pressure wash, foam and another pressure wash. It gets it almost clean before you've even touched your car. Shit I have was just the first thing I picked up when I walked into Halford's so it's not like it's some special shit I've got either.

Plus it's fun as fuck spraying foam everywhere.

>This usually takes me a couple of hours
Just wondering, how long does it take you guys to wash a car?

The other day I hoovered a car, cleaned up the interior with IPA, cleaned the inside of the windows, washed it, glazed it then waxed it (both by hand) and it took like seven hours, but I took an hour break. Am I just lazy/weak or is it meant to take so long?

Does this work on cum?