ITT: we post predictions for future western car culture trends

ITT: we post predictions for future western car culture trends

>R34s will be unsurpassed until the end of time in overpriced meme status once burgers get a hold of them
>Nissan Patrols will also become overpriced meme cars once they become legal to import
>LS and 2J swapping everything will be passed in popularity by 13b swapped old Datsuns/Toyotas/Hondas/BMWs/etc.
>stance will be replaced by late 90's/early 2000's rice coming back

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FAvQSkK8Z8U
youtube.com/watch?v=XeLU6Jp-rEM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Nissan Patrols will also become overpriced meme cars once they become legal to import
Which generation? 4th gens are already import-able.
I lived in Japan for 7 years and only saw a handful (Mitsubishi Pajero was by far way more common), and since coming back to the US, I haven't ever seen a imported Patrol (seen some old US market ones from the 70's though). I have seen two imported Pajeros and one Delica though.
Mitsubishi and Toyota definitely dominated the offroad market in Japan, with Suzuki kei cars as an honorable mention.
>LS and 2J swapping everything will be passed in popularity by 13b swapped old Datsuns/Toyotas/Hondas/BMWs/etc.
I'm a rotard and I highly doubt this would ever happen.

>all cars are replaced and everyone rides the bus

>Self-driving cars take over the road
>Human-driven cars are illegal
>All old cars are required to be crushed or you must pay a fine to keep them

youtube.com/watch?v=FAvQSkK8Z8U

what makes you think this? the direction we're heading makes it seem like car culture in general is just dying out as a whole. I've always assumed 'stance' and the 'JDM touge tuner bro' craze was the last hurrah of car culture before the buses and self driving cars take over

Communism to come back?

>boy oh boy i sure can't wait to head online to amazon and pick out my new totally unique shitbox

future of stance

Dubs confirm.
>all cars will be required to have white or grey exteriors and black cloth interiors that attract every particle of lint and pet hair known to man
They're already heading that general direction.

>mr2's will be worth atleast 50k

You have no idea how much i would love it if i could just buy cars off of amazon.
Especially if they have free 2 day with prime.

E36 becoming the next cult classic

I cried.

>Increase in retro style cars after the Hot Wheels market crash

>Increased part availability everywhere

>Sit-tier electric cars with self drive everywhere

I think the general trend will turn to absolute shit but on the other hand petrolheads will have it much easier to have nice old cars and the car scene will improve massively

I believe I'm thinking of the sixth gen ones. Everyone saw them in 1320video's middle east videos and the arab/asian kids all want one now. As for the rotary thing 13b Toyotas/Datsuns are slowly becoming a meme in drag racing and you see a couple getting into Super Street. I have a feeling it will grow in popularity as time goes on.
It's already happening in my area. People love the "lowered" meme but everyone's car is decked out in neon/body "mods"/flashy sound systems/retarded coloured wheels/ etc. We have no twisty roads so no one bought into the touge meme sadly

How often do you buy new cars?

Nah dude, boomers have killed car culture. Just like everything else. Once they start dying out/stop spending all their money on these things, the prices will plummet and people will get back into it again.

It's like how the guitar market exploded about 20 years ago because the first wave of them hit their prime extra income years that they could start buying actual toys they always wanted since they were teenagers and that market fucking shot through the roof. The car market did the same. Hell, that's why people started ricing shitbox civics in the first place. It was the only shit they could afford to do.

The recession that we've been trying to crawl out of for the last 8 years hasn't helped.

Most of the Patrols imported to the US are being sold as collector vehicles that have been fully restored. vulcan 4x4 does a bunch of these, along with Land Cruisers and classic Land Rovers

But I think that OP meant the late model patrols that the arabs like to fuck around with

Who's to say that the current youth won't all turn into boomers themselves and the cheap cars that get fucked with now won't skyrocket like all the 70's Vee Ayet muscle cars did in the late 90's-early 00's.

>People love the "lowered" meme but everyone's car is decked out in neon/body "mods"/flashy sound systems/retarded coloured wheels/ etc.

that's interesting where I'm at all anyone does is stance their cars. No twisty roads where I'm at either but I never see full on 90s rice. Everything's 'stance' or some 'mexirice-special'

this makes a good deal of sense financially, but what about driverless cars? Don't you think they'll take over like said?

I would welcome this. I mean, your pic might be a little extreme, but I'd love to see a car trend where people turn normal cars into rally-inspired creations. It'd be better than muh seventh oil pan

I hate to be the guy who brings it up but that's already a thing over at Reddit with le battlewagon maymay

>Who's to say that the current youth won't all turn into boomers themselves and the cheap cars that get fucked with now won't skyrocket like all the 70's Vee Ayet muscle cars did in the late 90's-early 00's.
Because the average teenager can not work on his own car anymore. Don't get me wrong, that's not a criticism of the average teenager. The car is like 60% computer at this point. He can't tinker and fuck with and fix the engine and the mechanics on his own anymore. That's the biggest threat to car culture. Those old cars that can still be worked on and maintained by anyone with a manual will be valuable, for a while at least.

driverless cars are a meme.
youtube.com/watch?v=XeLU6Jp-rEM

That being said, you can pretty much kiss car culture in big cities goodbye. Although I wouldn't be surprised if small motorcycle culture in big cities make a big comeback. Fact is, the vehicle is freedom. Once the whole driverless car thing starts actually creeping in, people will rebel against it. Many will accept it, sure, but many will rebel.

It's not a tool technology like the internet is. Vehicles are freedom technology. There's a world of difference between buying a hammer and buying a knife, if that makes any sense whatsoever.

The issue is they're not done properly like the baja miata above is and most of them are just your average car with a vatozone led light bar on it. If anything these people would still be on 'muh seventh oil pan' due to their stupidity

see pic related with the low profile tires

Because today's youth will never have the wealth the baby boomers have had. At best 1/3 the same money the boomers have had.

If that's true:
>people used to buying expensive cars
>material providers for car companies kept raising prices because companies always paid
>meanwhile inflation
>then boomers die off
>less people buying mid and large luxury cars
>more people buying cheaper cars
>bmw/mb/audi numbers go way down
>all other car companies chasing them slow down
>more volume in imported economy cars
>all companies making luxury cars downsize drastically
>other companies downsize
>much unemployment
>muh unions so probably more bailout on global scale
>price of materials obviously fighting to stay same
>less materials purchased
>material companies downsize
>population has even less purchasing power
>plus drastic inflation at this point from govt spending
>just owning cars seen as luxury
>more people taking public transport
>now auto industry is back to where it was in the 20s
And I bet you're right

Rotary swaps will decrease over time, Mazda has stopped producing everything butthe Renesis. Any new parts you buy are stock, it's almost inpossible to get new 12A irons now.

The only other option is to buy billet housings and rotors from guys like Pac, but they don't work on the street.

I get what you're saying, but the internet is largely about freedom too, and people throw away a good amount of it whenever they log onto their social media (facebook, twitter, instagram etc) everyday and you see how all these people simply don't care

I am right, until:

>new Henry Ford comes along and wants people to buy cars again so, without the influence of unions, decides to pay everyone who works for him enough to buy his cars
>everyone at Ford has a car and has more freedom and general fun on the weekends because they don't have to rely on shitty public transport
>other employees at other car companies see that and want that
>other company owners see employees getting restless and do the same thing Ford does
>reach golden age somewhere between 30-50 years after new Henry Ford makes this decision
>golden age lasts approximately 30 years until employees have been completely infiltrated by commies who form unions
>unions destroy company from the inside because no one can get fired for making literal shit boxes and the company has to keep raising prices for said shitboxes because they have to pay their employees outrageous rates and benefits
>meanwhile everyone with money stops buying the new shitboxes and starts buying the classics of the 2150's, 2160's, and 2170's because they're more fun and easier to work on
>people start bitching and wonder why car culture is dying out
>kids can't afford new rides and why would they even buy them because they're literal shitboxes
>repeat cycle forever

Very true
Is this taking off anywhere except crappy states in America?

If you want to continue with the internet analogy relating to cars, the internet is the road. The car would be your computer and software you use to access (drive) on the internet. Things like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are the bars, soda fountains/ice cream parlors, and clubs you used to drive to in your free time.

The only way this gets combatted/pushed back is when cars/car culture becomes cheaper again. I'm not guaranteeing this will happen, but that's the only way it does happen.

Not that I'm aware of. I don't visit reddit so I couldn't say I just found out about the trend from a thread we had on here a while back, it's archived and that's where I pulled the pictures from

Rally cars and rally racing has always been a thing, but 'battle wagons' are an extreme of making your car suited to an environment similar to how stancefags have extreme camber and occasionally say 'dude lmao racecar' because some track cars have slight camber on the wheels for cornering ablities

That clears it up, I'd agree in that case then

>R34s will be unsurpassed until the end of time in overpriced meme status once burgers get a hold of them

DELET THIS

This is already becoming a thing

>nobody owns their own car
>all autonomous ride sharing
>pay monthly fee to use service
>different price tiers for nicer cars
>ridiculous penalties for wanting to drive your own car
>only the rich can afford to drive

OP here

Forgot to add

>K24 swapped NSXs will become increasingly common

I've seen three completed this month alone. This was actually what made me want to make this thread. Not sure how I forgot to include it

This chart holy kek

NO.

>13b swapped old Datsuns/Toyotas/Hondas/BMWs/etc.

now this is something I can get behind

Literally what. Those engines are popular because they're cheap and make tons of power. Why would the 13b, an out of production engine of limited quantity, that makes shit power in comparison, and quickly eats itself through regular use, become more popular?

1320video and Super Street show them every now and again. Drag racers of all people seem to love them

>Rice coming back
Oh boy

>automated cars require basic licensing
>manual car license require monthly retesting
>speed cameras on the road coupled with cameras on autos collect data on speeders and send speeding tickets instantly to your phone

>surreal silence of a thousand electric autos on the highway and suddenly a single v8 comes by and wakes up all the normies sleeping in their autos

Y E S
E
S

What the fuck, does that car eject candy or something?
I need that shit for my van.

S E X S P E C

90s 'ricer' tuning style came back too recently to make another comeback. since it had it's little resurgence in the early 2010s, it probably wont be back around until 2020s.. unless something else in music/fashion happens to bring it back again, but i also doubt that cycle will happen again for another 5+ years.

I´d like it more if funktional aero like in time attack would replace stancefags...

NFSU3 when

We all would

never go full retard

Curious: can you still buy new 13b crate engines?

For those worried about the coming self-driving car future, where regulation and insurance makes it prohibitive to drive your own car, I'd suggest getting a bike license and buying a bike while you still can. No way motorcycles will ever be automated, and I'd assume they'll continue to be grandfathered into the system (if motorcycles were invented today they'd never be allowed because they're too inherently dangerous)