Etrian Odyssey General

EO Guides, References, Music, Art Books, etc.
pastebin.com/6cmH2LjS
>EO V Information
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/

>EOMD2
sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

>EO V Skill Simulator
waifusims.com/EOV/skillSim.html
jii.moe/EkvsTrdY-.html# (Class Skills)
jii.moe/VyvBiy6dW.html# (Race Skills)

>EO V item and quest translation list
pastebin.com/c4uzKptj (Item list)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Oz2FGmL0QpE2-Qkb8zz-t_MP_WEpDo6gzlA29-wJIDw/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0 (Quest list)
pastebin.com/8sJhutN7 (Conditional drops)

>EO V color editor.
edit.s2.xrea.com/sq5/
>EO V VA list
pastebin.com/gM4KaYjs

>EO V Game & DLC.cia link
mega.nz/#F!XkJiHBIb!vzL2CLjZZVA-yAGS7UZgdA

Previous thread:

>not in EMD2
>EO2U never
Poor Zodiacs.

>EO2U never
Am I back to 2015?

What if zodiacs instead of alchemists in EMD2?

I wonder why Eve Online general was discussing Racoon.

Literally the same user

Why won't they discuss a better game? Who the fuck even plays eve online?

I want an EO in high res.
Is that too much to ask for?
Fucking map gimick holding the series back.

Thicc bunny waifus never ever

Guys, I have an idea idea - let's remove the map screen and mapping in general to have prettier pictures of enemies and walls.
Surely that's what makes the games great, right?

You actually made me laugh.

Wew, Cernunnos was a pushover compared to Fenrir.
Maybe it was because this time I actually had money to buy consumables and the classes are actually doing their thing.

Pretty much.

>prettier pictures of enemies and walls
No, just higher resolution. Same budget, same low-quality shit in a higher resolution.
Although it would get rid of the popping problems in EO5.

But yeah, sounds fine. Sacrifice a major gameplay element so we can have the see textures on larger screens.

>bushi buff never
>bushi and masurao in the same game never
>7th dragon samurai cameo never
thanks atlus

Awoooooooo!

Can't be, because I was one of them

Cute girls are forever

Nene, leave the cute girls alone

>th dragon samurai cameo never
she's one of the DLC

Do you think that dog is carrying the stick back to his master

EO5's true crime isn't the lack of flat, no expert mode or localization never.
It's the lack of Himeko.

>lack of flat
great
>no expert mode
doesn't matter unless you're autistic
>Himeko
literally who

>only boobs allowed
>difficulty doesn't matter
>doesn't know who Himeko is

>not liking boobs
>muh numbers
>you must know all ebin memes

>Game with only one type of boobs
Not localized
>Game with different sizes of boobs
Localized

Explain that user.

>Game with only one type of boobs
>Not localized
>Game with different sizes of boobs
>Localized

But loli-only EO4 is localized while lolimancer and tittymaster must stay in Japan.

But are sentinels and sticks lolis as well

Leave EO to me!

But that's a plus.

no

>I'm a gigantic homo

Sorry for you user, were you that one guy who liked scruffy medic in the last thread?

nah i just got triggered by you saying no expert mode is a good thing.

>dislikes loli medics
>wants lolis
Something doesn't match.

They are not getting rid of expert, they are axing picnic.
Don't you think there would be a gigantic shitstorm everywhere if the highest difficulty in EOV was on par with the Untold's Standard?

They go back to EOIV difficulties but rename them.
In EOIV they were called Casual and Normal.
In EOV they are called Normal and Advanced so casuals don't feel so bad.

From what people have said it is a bit easier than the Untolds but not on Standard level. And it's harder than EOIV so that's a plus.

Scruffy medic is the only good IV medic.

So just the right difficulty since 4 is mostly going into easy territory and expert can easily drop into bullshit?

Why is it that in Untold 1 they made the dragons difficulty linear? Like Storm Emperor -> Frost King -> Great Dragon. I thought they were all suppose to be relatively equal and their difficulty only varies by their boss patterns instead, but it's clear you're suppose to fight them in that order this time around.

Probably to stagger the bosses.
It seems they tried to spread the optional bosses throughout the game (Golem and Alraune quests being hillariously early) and having all three dragons clumbed together would go against that.
Or maybe they thought it would not be so bad to fight the same boss with minor alterations three times if the fights are further apart. Unfortunately for everyone the dragons still suck.

same in U2, I think Dragon's core has about half the HP as the Emperor

>Don't you think there would be a gigantic shitstorm everywhere if the highest difficulty in EOV was on par with the Untold's Standard?
There WAS such a shitstorm.
Of course it is harder than that, but advanced is still closer to standard than expert. Untolds can be way harder than EO5 and that's not okay.

The people saying it's picnic that got axed are just noticing that basic is closer to standard than EO2U picnic but they're ignoring just how big of a gap there was between picnic and standard.

So we need Normal, Advanced and Expert difficulty.

I can understand staggering them.
What burned me out of EO2U is how boss-filled the postgame was. You have to fight Overlord, Yggdrasil Core, Salamander, Wyvern, Juggernaut, Storm Emperor, Golem, Frost King, Hekatonkeyres, Great Dragon and Ur-Child in such rapid succession that I got sick of the game.

How do we fix EO's post-game? I feel the post-game needs to be a bit more than a glorified boss rush.

Have two new strata instead of just one.
Have side quests that fill in blanks more akin to the mimic one instead of making everything a boss.

>Have two new strata instead of just one.
This would definitely work considering by the very end you would be in your level 90s at that point instead of 70 or 80.

What if i want another subclass? I must rest/retire the entire character?

I really enjoyed the Hall of Darkness in EO4.
One floor that is one gigantic puzzle was pretty dope.
Especially since I did not have a great team to deal with the random encounters so getting through all of it was one of the most rewarding feelings I ever had in EO.
And while the big dark room in B2F was a bit much the smaller ones were also nice.

On the boss side of things I think theywent the right way with the quests leading up to the dragons (the dragons themselves were shit, unfortunately).
Storm Emperor was relevant even in the story and Great Dragon was heavily bound to one of the town NPCs so these bosses did not feel like they were there just because.
Well, Blizzard King came out of nowhere but he can get Wyvern's connection to Esbat and the rest can get axed.
Maybe keep Salamander and give him Golem's/Juggernaut's roll of being necessary to unlock the final stratum.

So at most one boss per floor, all floors either real labyrinths or puzzles that require some back-and-forth and if possible have some connections to stuff happening before the end of the 5th Stratum.

nagaki shinwa no hate

Resting will reset your subclass, give you all your skill points back (minus two for the levels it costs-but you get them back from leveling up) and make your character naked.

For a moment I thought you got Blizzard King and Great Dragon mixed up as if you hadn't switched from EO4 to EO2U.

And really, what were they thinking when they forced us to go through TWO extra bosses to unlock the extra stratum? And to make it worse, one of them is an unnecesary repeat.

Shit, you are right, I messed up.
As you have noticed the second paragraph is about EO2U...

Nothing will ever be like EOU standard because that also dumbs down the enemy AI and they don't use skills as often. And Expert mode isn't really that much harder, they just made it so that every random encounter is actually a threat since there's always enemy combos that are specifically there to fuck you over

I like Etrian Odyssey.

Dangerous opinion to have around here.
Where do you think you are? /eog/?

delete this

Well I don't.

I feel really bad farming formaldehydes with the item dupe glitch but fuck I just want to be done with story mode already.

EOU has real shitty drop rates for random stuff

what are they mad about?

They saw you coloring under doors.

Absolutely disgusting

Well technically there's only 5 people that can adventure in the labyrinth at a time so that means that at least one of them is capable of drawing the map. The real question is who's the suspect?

I had just enough to buy Eo4

I must be scrub though as I already died twice.... Maybe I'm not cut out for this...?

The start is a bit shaky if you're new. I got my ass handed to me too

The beginning is always the hardest part of the game.

until postgame anyways

EO4 it's your first EO game?
Remember that TP in this game is actually a luxury. You are not supposed to spam skills in every battle.

A balanced party is also good when you start the game, tank, healer, damage, mage and so on

Yep. Someone in the last thread said I should start with it, then get untold

Um.. my current team is a Healer, Landsknecht, Fortress, Runemaster and a Nightseeker.. Is that a good team?

>You are not supposed to spam skills in every battle.
After the first few hours, hell yeah you are, you just need to be smart about it and discover the best and most efficient ways to dispatch each enemy and the formations they appear in

I had pretty much the same team, but I had Dancer instead of NS. Could've done better with a NS, though, Dancer, Medic and Fortress was a bit too much healing

I was really tempted to use the dancer... I have all the other classes on standby just incase

(I'm not gonna lie, the dancer guys are really cute)

homo aside, dancers can stunlock bosses easily enough if you sub nightseeker and dual weild. forge for even more stuns

>the dancer guys are really cute
NO MORE GAYS

Has anyone ever bothered to translate the in-depth numbers of the EO3 japanese wiki? There was a lot of formulas and hidden stuff not found anywhere else(like skill speed and accuracy modifiers, etc)

>EOG in a nutshell

(´;ω;`)But... Ima girl though...

Oh that sounds like an investment I should make but I'm not sure who to get rid of though..

>girl

A R M O R O A D
R
M
O
R
O
A
D

this 60 item meme limit is trash. it fills up after like 10 fights

*guitar starts playing*

Reaper reaper that's what people call me

Is TEC useless for Survivalists and Troubadours in EO1?

Why?

That party is as standard as it gets. You'll have an easy time as soon as you can deal with that random baboon.

>not supposed to spam skills in every battle.
Is this bait? Starting from midgame skills are too important to ignore and near the postgame you can pretty much forget normal attacks exist

Cause they all die.

do you fags unironically monitor a bunch of jap artists or there's some twitter search tool i don't know about

all you need to beat it is sand throw