Mazda 4 bangers

Did Mazda ever make a high revving 4 cylinder similar to Hondas B16/b18 and Nissan sr16/20ve?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_L_engine
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i dont think so
honda was always the king of the tiny little 4bangers (at least, within the car realm)

but honda made the CBX
isnt it the king of 1 liter (tiny little) 6 cyl engines?

That's unfortunate gueas imy stuck with the mazda BP. But I disagree Toyota is where it's at with the 4age and the 3sge

why not a 2ZZ-GE?

Oh yeah that too.

Gross. If I ride a Honda it's gonna have a v4 in it.

it was fast for it's day but the yamaha xs11 and kawasaki 1100 specter outran it.

>mazda
>high revving engine

...let me tell you about something very special

They made a 1.8 V6 at one point I believe.

you are my negro brethren

I know about rotaries. I asked for a 4 cylinder.

>What are the b series
>What are the h series
>What are the k series

4a's were cool for like 4 years. I think Honda did a better job considering their sport lineup generally had higher brake specific outputs and higher redlines.

My brother had one of them MX3.
Too bad they are FWD...

And slow

Yes they did Mazda mx 3 precidia

Ive heard one of these bikes at a meet.
It had a 6 to 1 pipe, blew my mind.

Is there many 1.8 n/a with similar outputs?

Similar I don't know but the 1.8 in the MX5 NC made more and had two fewer cylinders

agreed
I'm not very impressed by the 4age. It's got a cult status kind of thing going on but its just not that impressive. There's nothing particular special about a 200hp 4 cylinder engine, especially when it revs to 8000. If it runs that high and doesn't make 200hp it's complete shit.

Bro 4age is older then most people on this board

they don't really need it when they have doritos

Rotary. I know not 4banger but high revving

True, but the B series came out soon after, and was a huge improvement over the 4a's. Enough to still make sense for swaps today. The 4a was relevant for a much shorter period.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_L_engine

Base 2.3l L engine.

NC had 2.0 dude.

It's not exactly high revving tho, source: have one. It picks up real well at 5k and goes till about 6.5 I think. Or at least that's where I have my shift light set and feel comfortable with it at.