I drove about 5 feet with my parking brake on today. Is my car going to catch on fire or something?

I drove about 5 feet with my parking brake on today. Is my car going to catch on fire or something?

Yeah. You should take it to a mechanic and tell them what you did

>mfw I've driven over 20km with my parking brake on once

Your brake pads are fucked. Not even trying to meme with you or anything, your brake pads are fucked. The force of the handbrake clamping down, with you driving any more than ~0 feet, means your calipers are destroyed, your discs warped, and your pads shredded. Just junk the car before you lose the ability to brake at highway speeds, before it's too late.

you need to go to a mechanic. you probably have caliper damage and you definitely don't want to find out when you're doing 80 mph.

>be me, 19 at time
>driving around 944S with friend in shady part of town
>need to get gas
>it's on a slope. Np, ebrake and put in gear.
>tweaker harassing me while pumping gas, want to gtfo there
>hop in and take off. Hear squeaking and feel like my rear is dragging. Think it must be a flat.
>ebrake was on and ended up toasting it.
Why the fuck did they put it on the left side on the floor, I completely forgot and wasn't used to it yet. We had two chicks with us, was completely embarrassed. Not that it mattered, they're women and dumb as fuck so they didn't even notice

Yeah my car started shaking violently whenever I went over 50km/h. I didn't realize what was wrong til I got home and went "Ohhhh shit"

My grandad did something similar to my car while going for groceries. He didn't realize it until he came back and smelled the burning.

I thought the brakes would be fucked, the mechanic checked and said they're still okay and I didn't see anything wrong with them.

Jesus dude lol you didn't feel it holding back at that speed tho?

I've driven a block with the handbrake up. must have stretched the cable because it no longer holds the vehicle in place

>5 feet

Salvage title time.

Fuck man are you serious? I don't think there could be that much damage.

Nothing will happen but at least you weren't me when it happened kek
>go to get new tires on my memeR2
>give keys to the tire guy so he can put it on a car lift
>go inside and pay and wait inside
>40 minutes later
>they tell me car is ready and waiting outside
>guy give me my keys back
>get in car and start it
>I drive away
>I notice parking break is on
>like a dumb ass I put it down as I was driving
>car peals out a bit and I feel car wanting to veer to the right and I let go of gas to correct it from doing it
>da bolis saw everything and I get pulled over
>I explained what happened
>the blood officer looked like he wanted to laugh at me
>he walks away with registration and insurance information to his car
>comes back and lets me off with a warning
I almost shit my pants I thought he was going to give me a ticket

My parking break actually got stuck on my 07 Jetta
Drove about 2 miles when the car started feeling sluggish and then by the time I pulled over the car was super sluggish
The rim was very hot to the touch
I ended up disengaging the ebrake
And sat there for about 30 mins until everything cooled off
No damage to brakes or discs but I replaced them about two weeks later anyways

yes, infact your car is likely on fire right now, you better call the fire dept quick

>moving to new house
>about 10 miles away
>hitch project car up to my truck to flat tow to the new house
>half way there, wife calls me and says there is smoke pouring out the back of my project car
>i thought i forgot to release the parking brake
>pull over, parking brake is up and smoke is rolling out of the brake drums, theyre nuclear hot
>continue driving him with parking brake off this time

they work fine now desu

whats worse, using your handbrake to drifto
or actively putting gas with it on

>He doesn't drive FWD

Laughinggirls.jpg

I work at a Car Wash and have to drive cars a couple feet foward. People leave their Parking Brakes on and I am too autistic to figure out where they are. Sometimes its the usual stick in the middle, other times its a button thing in the middle, or you pull it on the side. And other times, it's fucking hidden because niggers. And I just start driving it and hope it moves

I've done it more than a few times. It's usually ok, but my car has rear drum brakes lol.

I almost did the same, I drove 7KM with mine in.
Didn't notice since my drum brakes weren't dirty and didn't whine, and my engine is strong enough that I didn't notice it since I driving in slow traffic.

He's not .