Crown Vic Mods?

Bought a 2006 Crown Vic. Assuming I don't go broke repairing it, what are some good modifications/additions to make? Preferably something that actually improves the car's performance, but something like a partition is acceptable too. Working with an $800 ish range

If it isn't a police interceptor you'll be wasting your time

keep it stock faggot.

It's an interceptor

Then go nuts the world is your oyster. Literally just google police interceptor mods

I just don't want to make Tolkien mistakes if I buy something. I don't know if it's possible to rice out a v8 rear wheel but that's my concern. Maybe start with a turbo?

rookie mistakes*

mod it for towing
raise the rear up some, and stiffen the ever living shit out of it
upgrade the brakes and throw on a hitch that is leveled properly and you have a fucking car with the same exact tow capacity as an f150 truck

tow a huge boat with it, watch niggers take pictures of you

Genius. That definitely exceeds my price range but if I win the lottery is a done deal

Looking at getting a used partition for sure. At less than $50 it's a steal. I might buy red and blue LEDs for the front dash, in case I want to fuck with my friends or something life-threatening is happening. I love the law but I also love fun

>Bought a 2006 Crown Vic.

lol sorry to hear

1. good tires
2. a good alignment

800 bucks could probably get you a cat back exhaust and an intake. Maybe headers too if you can find used parts.

I have no idea what most of that meant but I will consult a mechanic and my friends who aren't newfags

There's a lot that goes into turbocharging an engine.

First, you gotta make sure your compression ratio is good and your internals are forged. With stock internals, don't plan on running anything more than 5 PSI of boost.

Second, you gotta get the system tuned. The extra compression and everything will require differently interspersed injections.

Third, you gotta ask yourself: is it economically viable to actually turbo my car? Can I deal with the upkeep of a turbo'd car?

Fourth, you must come to terms that you absolutely cannot skimp out on a turbo. If you only pay $500 for an eBay turbo kit, you're gonna probably have a bad time. Noe, you don't have to buy a Garrett turbo and drop $4000+ on parts, but don't be those guys who spend $500 and grenade their engine because Chang's turbo exploded and forced metal bits into the intake.

And then there's lots of little bits that I'm forgetting of course. Do lots and lots of research. If done right, a turbo will make your crown vic very fast. If done wrong, your crown vic won't last 5k miles.

Gears are best bang for buck.

Thanks. I have a lot to think about for sure. If the car doesn't need anything significant, I plan on probably doing tires, a new air filter, and possibly intake work. If there is money left over and the exhaust looks risky I'll do that too. I'm going to probably buy a partition and some amber lights for the dash that I can flash back

Tires would definitely be a good investment. If you do go with the turbo route, make sure you get the proper supporting modifications as well, such as brakes and shit. Good luck OP!

Off road tires and an 8 inch lift

If it doesn't have LSD I would get it. It's about $450 for a shop to put in a brand new unit.

The single biggest performance mod you can make on a Crown Vic is the rear gear ratio. You've got 3.27s standard which already gives you a leg-up in the acceleration department; get some 3.55s (or even higher, it's a standard Ford 8.8 axle, throw in a Trac-lok while you're at it if you want) and go nuts. The rear gears are pretty much the only thing that gives a P71 quicker speeds off the line than a standard car.

P71s already come with dual stainless exhaust without resonators as standard equipment. There unfortunately isn't a whole lot you can do with the 2-valve 4.6, which is why the Mustang GTs later got the 3-valve variant. If it's an '06 it already has the Performance Improved heads anyway.

>I might buy red and blue LEDs for the front dash, in case I want to fuck with my friends or something life-threatening is happening.
Or you can buy $50 of garden hose and run it from your exhaust straight into your side window.