>The B-Train Hauls Grain Mainly On The Plains Edition

Brevious Bread: >63.5 Tonnes
>34 rubber and metal things
>Lease is sign? No
>CDL How do? Private driving school or community college
>Megacompanies are meat grinders
>Truckerfag drove 970 miles, netted $76,200
>Bepis has cool dogger, bad back
>Freon doesn't have to work weekends, why should you?
>Balam still stuck in traffic
>Just when he thought it couldn't get no hotter, Oilfag fell in love with the farmers daughter
>Primefag is screaming at dock workers as you read this
>Primely hoarding fuel, refuses to burn it like a true patriot
>Bandit is secretly an FMCSA officer
>Whiney can barely afford to pay for Crunchyroll subscription
>M&Ms may have crashed already
>Gundam is either dead or ip banned again

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Q8I1ImzoXvU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If the farmers daughter has a hotter sister you better let a brother know. The trucker life has me on a 1 year dry spell.

In other news the guy I trained a few weeks ago had a contaminated load 2 weeks ago, right after he got off 3 month probation for being new. He's now back on probation and already looking for a new job because we "push too hard". Fucking guy is 23, did one year of college and has had like 8 jobs.

>contaminated load
How many augered up pidgeons does it take to do that?

Just be like EF and get a live-in prostitute.

I've only ever had that happen once... damn birds. His problem was not sweeping out his trailers when he switched from hauling a load of grain to a load of fertilizer.

I swear you guys only summon me so you can add to your EF folder.

>prostitute
>paid via roller dogs and mtn dew in exchange for sweaty flat top sex.

Yerrrrrp

>tfw no sqaushed truck

tfw will never be rich and stupid enough to DD a 730hp Scania

Had a 500HP stockie come in to work for an emergency fuel line last year, man that V8 is sexy

Word up.
I did my first job Monday night delivering a Renault tractor unit.

There were three of us, as my first job I thought I would follow the lead. Should have taken a max of 4 hours, 3.5 as there was no traffic, no roads closed.
So it tuck us 5 hours and I got an infringement on the tacho because we stopped and I didn't put it on break fast enough, then the cunt went the wrong way four times, wrong lane on every round-about, wrong exit most the time.
Doing 30 odd in a 60 zone???
It tuck us 6.5 hours, then another 4 hours on the drive back in a hire car.
I did the second stint in the hire car and did an average of 100mph taking off 30 minutes of the satnav time.
Total working shift of 12 hours when it should have taken no more than 9.

I went into the office yesterday and complained, the other driver also complained about the lead driver.
Should be doing second job today for the same company.

It can only get better right?

I did enjoy it, I'de be happy doing this for a few months to get me into it.

UKfag. 640 miles end to end but still, it's the UK, we have pot holes you could have a fucking bath in.

Gives ot a free place to sleep and a meal ticket everynight with only needed to suck dick and spread its flaps.

Yup

youtu.be/Q8I1ImzoXvU

Tfw they took away your ungoverned daycab and gave you a cuckshed volvo to back into bullshit areas

If you knew he was going the wrong way, why did you follow him you fucking lemming?

Because it was my first fuckin job as a driver dickbut, so i thought I would just sit at the back and follow.

By the third wrong turn I was considering just fucking off on my own.
Next time I will, or next time I'll lead.

I was a taxi driver for 8 years and been driving for 14 years for a living, but this older guy had been a coach driver for 30 years...
I suppose it proves age is no substitute for experience, no , wait, wot?

Fuck em, i'll do my own thing, I would have gotten there at least two hours earlier and would have had to wait for them, still gotten paid but:
Would you leave a convoy if you thought you new better?

Never trust a Hatian man on a forklift. Not OSHA approved.

Its ok just get hurt by the forklift and sue

It was Walmart too

Eyyy let that clock tick tock, i gotta go to penske to swap out this cuckshed

Would this put me oos

>8 jobs, 23 years old
Classic Millennial behavior. Or what YouTube and Facebook would have me believe is classic Millennial behavior, anyways. How was he when you were training him?

>Gontaminated load
How do they do their quality control? Do they check the goods before or as it's being offloaded, or is it something you'll find out about later on down the road?

>Dat musical selection
I want to see what the flour looked like on the other side of the grinder.

>Right into the spank bank
You driving the Kenworth for a change?

*Blocks your path*

>Rooposting at it's finest

>Smoking a cigar in an enclosed space
Lord, it must smell like a humidor in there.

Have you shed your outer layer revealing the Adidas tracksuit underneath yet?

What difference does it make for you if your truck is governed, anyway?

Isn't the maximum speed in NYC 25 mph

Thinking about quitting otr and becoming a city driver. I heard you can make like $20 an hour hauling grocery reefer around houston. Is anyone here a city driver other than benis? Big city driving doesn't bother me and it sounds like I could spend half the day fapping to anime and still getting paid for the time.

Day 20 of my return to trucking and no wild lightpoles have been spotted

I go into jersey and its a free for all over there

>3356 miles
>$1,141.04 gross
>$884.34 net

Just fucking kill me.

What the fuck space labor, go local

Get an hourly local gig m8

Sure let me just spawn some local jobs. It's a border city, all the trailers that come from Mexico can be dropped at warehouses or stores by the Mexican truckers. We have literally no local job market for truck drivers.

Go regional

>8 jobs at 23
That's cute. I'm only 23 and I've had 15 now, including this one.

So save up and move

Shit, I've had 8 jobs this past 2 years

>arrive at our Pittston terminal at fucking 4am
>find out my trailer has a hole in the floor and two bent frame rails

welp looks like I get to do laundry, showers and my favorite Chinese joint in Scranton.

Has anyone considered trying to go back to school while driving? I mean, I get that 70hr weeks are rough, but some courses now are at your pace, so long as you get all work done by a certain date. I'm not digging this driving thing as much as I use to. Kind of wanna build the roads and control the traffic for you niggers to drive on.

>70hr weeks are rough

This a grown man's business nobody stacks guap working 9-5

But I do

I'll see what's offered regionally, it's probably not gonna be much seeing as though there's no DCs near us. I'll start calling around tho

I was thinking about moving to Houston since my buddy lives there already. Although the house I live in is almost paid off and my mom was going to leave it to me.

Hopefully it works out for ya m8. Im startimg to think that pole was the best thing that could have happened to me.

Shit dude, I'm stacking broke. I can't make a decent wage. I'd much rather make overtime in an engineer's firm than overtime in a cuckshed.

I guess shit happens for a reason then, I'll keep rolling along for now.

Nice quads of good luck

You're a fucking trucker! Figure out where the work is, and go there!

Put some renters in it. No reason to sell unless rental rates are abysmal in that area. If you move to Houston make sure you move to the east side or at least downtown. All the trucking companies are east of 59. I live west of Houston and that means I'm over two hours away from any local jobs I've found. Saia was hiring a couple months ago, HEB has a big DC in town, there must be a Kroger nearby as well. Unfortunately though, outside of ltl and grocery everything else seems to want hazmat tanker or flatbed experience.

>I35 at a standstill again
It's like everyday with this shit, as if all the construction wasn't bad enough, God damn four wheelers can't stop running into each other

My buddy lives in Spring, so I'm not sure where that is in comparison to the 59. I know he lives near a Walmart and Kroger DC.

That's north side on 45, that's still a bit of a hike to where most jobs seem to be, good luck with if commuting at rush hour.

No more cuckshed. School bus is rollin

I deliver to grocery stores in Seattle. I unload and check in product alone. Home every night, 12-14hr days, $23/hr.

>12-14hrs
>$23/hr
So what are you grossing? If you're really hitting 60-70hrs and making time and a half over 40hrs, that sounds like a ton of work but some nice fuckin paychecks.

How many miles or km trucks usually do they go out of service?
more than a car right?

With trucks and diesel engines, they have numbers (B10 and B50?) that show how long it will be on average for 10% or 50% of those trucks to need a complete overhaul.

Anyway they do last longer than cars. The diesel engines and everything else are overbuilt. They also do a lot of highway driving. But for US OTR semi trucks, it seems like 1,000,000 mi is similar to ~150,000mi in a car where some big stuff will start to fail and you are likely to have a repair coming soon where it's a better option financially to get rid of the truck. 300k mi on those trucks is just starting to break them in.

With out fleet trucks, the small format trucks (more like medium-duty) get to around 200k-300k before they are getting trashed. But you have to remember, they're only doing about 50mi a day, but it's all city driving, stop and go, and starting the ignition about 20 times a day. If those things did more highway miles, they would be doing 500k+ no problem. Our large format trucks which are a little larger and heavier, like the OTR trucks but without a sleeper cab, they are doing around 500k-600k miles before they have major issues and get retired. But that's still city driving and maybe 100mi a day with 6-8 stops. Those trucks would easily do 1mil miles if it were highway driving.

Thank you, really informative answer

>38 layover at pork house in IL.
>thirfuckingty eight hours waiting, an unneeded and unwanted HoS reset, with 2 midnights involved
>next day, an automated message comes over the qualcomm, "EDL warning, failed to log pretrip inspection, excessive sleeper birth time logged"
OK computer, what do you expect me to do? I spent 17 hours straight playing video games and I can't do a pretrip inspection if I don't TAKE A TRIP

mfw only 53k gross weight and blew 3 open scale houses today

Just enter a pretrip into the computer.

>What is every interstate in Indiana around 7:15 am

There's traffic in the corn belt?

Feels good

Almost had a not my fault accident though, fucking idiot was in the left lane, I was in the right, i turned on blinker and began to merge left to avoid the exit and he decides to speed up and change lanes once im almost already in the lane. Lucky for him tho i saw and held off a bitand didnt squish him.

That would have been your fault numbnuts.

I don't think he really understands what "at fault" means

I've considered that. In a rural area of course. Keep us posted on how bad it sucks.

The thing I notice is you can't really use your blinkers cuz the second you do people just speed up.

>hihg speed

Interesting. I find a surprisingly high number will let you over. More than a few will anticipate you needing over and will stay back, though not far enough to make it clear they're staying back, when I'd really rather they went ahead and passed.

Must be in the Midwest. Californians and Arizona's do just as primely mentioned.
This is your (you)

>hauling a end dump load 5 hours away with one tank

It's been the furthest I have drove and holy fuck it sucked balls I almost ran out of fuel when I was in the bumfuck middle of no where and every gas station I passed didn't sell diesel

If he decides to merge into the middle lane while im already there thats his fault.
Yeah specially in commiefornia where everyone is only thinking "IM" going to be late if i dont save these 2 seconds.

how hard is driving a truck? ive drove a 5 speed car before a couple times and at first i stalled alot even once in the road but i got to move a diesel pickup today at work and i didnt even press the gas and just letting off the clutch it would go and ddnt even cone close to stalling

is that how heavy trucks are? like do you have to be careful to bot stall when starting off or do they have enough torque not to like i mentioned with the pickup?

also how hard is shifting on an unsyncronised transmission?

Does anyone carry a weapon in their truck?

It wouldn't take long to get used to it, you just need to get in the habit of double clutching. Stalling is rare unless you start in a gear too high for the weight you're pulling. Shifting is easy but you shift more often since gears are short and plenty.

I carry a knife, and I may get a billy club. Other than that I'd have a firearm if they were legal to have in my truck.

That's clearly a box truck.

That's actually a day cab with a short trailer by the looks of it champ

before you drove a truck had you only ever drove automatics or were you good with manuals? i really wanna learn to drive one at a truck school thats a few weeks long but ive only drove a 5 speed on the road a few times and anytime i had tp start on a hill id either spin and squeal the tires or stall. is startibg on hills difficult in a truck too or do you have enough torque not to roll back?

thanks and sorry to annoy you

I only do four days per week, three days off in a row. We use electric pallet jacks as well, so it's not particularly hard, either. I'm never below $1,500 gross per week. Work a second job on the three day streak.

At first it shows its differences than a standard car or pickup. Being patient with yourself is key. Just like the pickup, you'll roll out of every gear depending on your weight. Once you're moving, just shift timely. In school you'll learn of gear steps and such, including how to double clutch. But afterwards you get comfortable with it and just float gears. I only clutch when I take off from a dead stop anymore. It's a learning curve, like learning how to ride a bike.

what does /TFG/ think about serial hybrids?

so you dont have to give it fuel and clutch to get started like gas burners, thats awesome. also in the 5 speed ive drove a few times (i wasnt great btw) i had trouble starting on hills when i would practice and id spin and squeal the tires or stall would startibg on hills be easier in a diesel semi or do you have to know the clutch real well? thank you

Starting on a hill is the same in a car. Keep your foot on the brake, release the clutch until it grabs, apply throttle when clutch seats. In a car you'd want to throttle up when your clutch grabs, but unless you're starting uphill on a 7% grade with 40Tonnes, deep under will pull you up no prob

I'd only ever had autotragic cars so I picked up pretty quickly. But most guys in my class drove manual cars and it didn't take them long at all to catch on, again it's just getting in the habit of double shifting. Hill starts aren't an issue either, it's about selecting the correct gear. Even on inclines I can safely start with third gear on most loads.

I'm doing it wrong, I've had five jobs in 16 years, go motor coach driving.

as far as learning to park parrallel and back in places how hard is that to get down? i never like to parrallel park a car in real life but one the test in a car it was easy but because it was small

think i cpuld learn it in a 17 day class

Pretty much this. You get a feel for it. You had the right idea before, these things pack torque. They put power to the wheels more than everyone's daily honda civic could dream of. Once you get in one and learn, it'll make sense.

Don't sweat it... Seriously, they train foreigners with busted English and no verifiable education this shit at CR England every week. The trailer moves where you want it to. Take your time, get out and look if it's hairy, and don't worry. Every week we see people struggling. Its a part of learning. No one left their mommas womb with an 18 speed in their hand and a peterbilt hat on.

thanks man its nice to learn that id stand a chance even though ive really only drove autos

thanks again

in theory it's great for applications like trucks where weight is't a significant factor. electric motors are super simple and offer instant power, also breaks up the whole drive train into separate components that can be replaced independent of each other, can be more reliable, but that is more up to the individual design

USA TRUCKING IS FOR SISSY'S

Does this count as a weapon?

fyi you're supposed to log time worked at a second job as on duty. It's a dumb rule, and I think it's dumb, but it makes it easier to stay out of trouble if you know what the rules are

>MFW truck doggos
The best kind of weapon. Unpredictable and completely legal.

Did a grease job on the twin steer Western Star earlier today while we had some down time. Getting at that rear steer axle sucks a fat dick.

Feels good to get it all done though.

>Getting at that rear steer axle sucks a fat dick
Thats why you had such an easy time doing it. You have experience.

>OhYou.jpg