freesound.org/browse | incompetech.com/music | freemusicarchive.org

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NoJc95xeB8U
my.mixtape.moe/muntqw.webm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

gogem finally posted progress my life is now complete as a dev

loli jam is not taking place on itchio
loli jam is an AGDG exclusive

no. fucking make a new thread, come on. i would rather have a fucking braap jam than this progress repelent shit. who the fuck would post progress with this as the OP.

>2 week long jam, announced a month ago
3 joined
>3 day throwaway jam, literally posted today
4 joined

really makes you ponder

reposting me and sneks agdg underwater jam entry :)
you play a pregnant mermaid
youtu.be/NoJc95xeB8U

Do you consider research, playing similar games etc. as dev time

Yes. But I also never get anything else done so maybe not...

how are we supposed to publish games on Veeky Forums?

Back to Discord!

upload to any file host, link it

and then the jam people are complaining about being excluded from it was a public jam had like triple that

Up Down Left Right or Up Left Down Right?

you have messy code hard to read

Pixel perfect hitboxes can be unpredictible if the sprite size changes with animation. A box collider at the center of the sprite, slightly smaller than the sprite, is the most forgiving hitbox.

>Research
Sure.
>Playing similar games
Sure, but make sure you are actually paying attention to what the game does right. Treat it as if you actually had a job at a game studio: would you be playing games on company time, or your own? It depends. You'd definitely be searching for reference on company time.

For order in a switch statement, whatever.
If you have an enum that defines directions make it go clockwise or counterclockwise so you can ++ the enum.

please tell me that at least you didn't even try, this took me at most fifteen minutes to do

it's not a book

What's the COMFIEST game engine?

why is so fat though?

It's the american version.

Noob question.
I'm a programmer and want to get into game deving. I'm good in Java so first, is it a good langage for it ? I know you can do pretty mmuch everything with every langage but since Unity and Unreal use C# and C, it's obvious that using one of them would be a better solution. Wich brings me to my second question, wich level you should attain to make the best use of these engines? I'm used to make some basic application and web apps so the methodology isn't the same as doing a game (wich I never even tried).

Are there some good books on learning how to make a game like the right way of thinking, structuring and managing your game projects ?

I'm not offended at all.
I started working on it, but now I can't decide what looks better honestly.

Fun with a Mouse
Programming on the Right Side of the Brain
Keys to Coding

hipoints are fucking cancer
they are hands down the ugliest fucking pistols I've ever seen

How do you persuade an ideaguy to your idea?
I need someone dedicated enough to make content other than me. and come up with cooler stuff than I do.

>pillowshading
need to loomis it up pal

can't read loomis
his women are fucking ugly

Be more specific please, the first and third thing return a shitload of different results in google.

can't draw either
sucks for you

I'm going to join and make a game for the loli jam only because it triggers people in this thread.

>he fucking fell for it

This is a blue board.

better OP but still no webm howto?

Low rent thug's favorite gun

I consider making games in 2 stages. first is design stage which is any research and design of the game needed. Then the most important part is the actual development stage. This is where you actually get something that brings you closer to finishing your project.

Make a Yotsuba to game

Today I got picking up and putting down rocks to work. It's relatively simple, but it does work. But I can also use some tuning. Because the game insists on the rock being aligned to the grid, it might be put down too far away to be immediately picked up again. This is so it's never accidentally set on top of the player. I may just have to extend the pick up range.

my.mixtape.moe/muntqw.webm
anybody making racing/drift/initial D themes game and want to talk about it/collab?

Add me on discord : crowjambo

landed a job at a local gamedev company yesterday
mobile shit but whatever

A-am I still allowed to shipost here senpaitachi

People still play mobile shit?

mobile cancer shit is the most played shit. candy crush, clash of clans and shit are all making tons of money.

ummm

hope you're fucking proud of yourself

Sent a request but I'm having a birthday drink with some friends so I'll follow up in a couple hours.

>console 1/6th of PC
wew

Mobile is the biggest normie platform.

i'm in the mood for an adult anime/hentai adventure game. there was this one game with a boy who had heart problems and got into a cripple school. not sure what the name was. are there more games like this?

hulking majority of PC revenue is subscriptions, microtransactions though
standalone single player games probably made 2-3 billion at most

>gaming video
that mean lets players?
are the 4billion lets players seriously earning a dollar and ten cents each?

tfw when devving while waiting for rocket launch

From this it looks like trying to make a single player game is not worth it. Making some shitty mobile game over the weekend like flappy bird or whatever has a chance to get way more money.

PC is very top-heavy.

A couple games rake in most of the $

Well, this is what I get for assuming someone would make a good thread. Next time I'll make a non-pedo thread. I personally apologize for this disgusting OP.

>hmm when I check these figures it seems like getting a job and investing is not worth it
>sucking cock on the off chance that the guy whose cock you're sucking will win the lotto has a chance to get way more money

you're looking at successful outliers whether its mobile or pc. Mobile is even MORE crowded than pc single player because the barrier to entry is so low.

you're like 6 years late at this point

It even gets worse when you know that most of the indie current games on pc are just mobile ports.

Every time i load a scene in unity, it loads on top of everything that was previously on the scene. Nothing gets deleted. Why?

I've been here for 2 hours, still can't figure it out.

Use Godot, it doesn't have that problem.

Depends on the situation.
You can have:
Precise
Imprecise
Precise mask
Different shaped masks
Different masks per frame
Various collision checks in code
Etc.

>playing the odds
good way to end up sleeping on the street

I'm developing a turn-based 2d rpg. My inspirations are FF4, FFX, and Wii Punchout. I intend to allow the player to adjust the way the game is presented. Do you want it to be ATB ala FF4, or CTB ala FFX? Flip a switch in the options menu. I have the back-end working already for this. Are you tired of facing the group of 3 kobolds and 1 Ogre you keep running into? Turn off repeat encounters, and you'll only encounter battles particular battles once.

I'm thinking of making a youtube series about my game to build an audience. It would detail my thoughts on the genre, the features of my game and behind the scenes development details.

strange way to look at it
there is hundred bazillion mobile games and only maybe top 100 are really putting a dent on that revenue figure
what kind of cut from those 40 billion dollars do you think is your flappy bird #48564668911 going to get?

this seems... really hard to balance.
good luck with it

1.) Is that your game or?
2.) What program is that, the one you are writing code in?

No it's not a game, look up huffman coding.
I'm using Emacs with custom config

I am thinking of making a 3d combat battle arena game so first level would big giant spiders and you have to face them and next level you would have to fight big skeletons until level 5 where you fight a boss

how difficult would this be to make?

>tfw doing precalculus with wildberger
>tfw raining outside
>tfw comfy as fuck
>tfw studying CS in college and soon I'll be the best coder here.

feels comfy

>No it's not a game
/agdg/ in a shellnut

Okay. Is it an engine or just a text editor?

This. Flappy bird was a viral thing that normies took a liking to.

You can't predict that shit. You'd be better off learning Farmville's gameloop and copying it into something else.

A text editor.

>if you don't dev game all day everyday you're not a game developer. You can't dev other things.
/agdg/ everyone.

>doing homework on Veeky Forums
mm effective

Depends on the sort of mechanics you want to add. But basic player movement and attacking is fairly easy. The enemies shouldn't be much harder. The real hard part is making the art for it all.

What C++ library are you using to make that game with programming only? Graphics.h?

yeah I just want basics mechanics so like character I will model is a knight with a sword and shield maybe 1 or 2 spells and the enemies have one or 2 attacks like spider jump attacks you. Do you think this will be doable for 1 guy? I already know how to 3d model in Blender and program

Some nig just stole my laptop from the library. Had all my shit on it.
How do I into /vigilante/ mode?

Modern CS courses don't make you a good programmer, they make you an indoctrinated corporate slave.

Reminder that soundcloud also has a bunch of music that you can use commercially.

Maybe it should also be in the OP?

Yes, the ATB to CTB switch does cause balancing issues. Obviously, any time wasted not picking a move in the ATB would be considered a loss when compared to using the CTB. The ATB does have a wait timer the player can customize by choosing how many frames to wait up when someone's turn comes up. By default it pauses for about 2-3 seconds when a characters turn comes up, after that you're burning time.

Thanks for the reply

It's not a game I said.

Yeah, should be possible. Try making a basic prototype first, just the player and one enemy. If you get stuck on anything look things up, ask questions, try to learn. Then expand it into more enemies and more player attacks.

Oh, shit. I am so damn dense. WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU HERE?

Currently still writing shaders, i guess once i have those i'll make a first demo version where you can select a few animations change the speed/intensity of those and i'll add gameplay later, i'll use this demo as a sort of tech demo so i can sort bugs in my shaders out since the AMD graphics card in my old pc is pretty much dead and i only have a nvidia card right now. (AMD tends to have trouble with opengl).
Interactive animations/scenes are still planned.
webm is still blenders ugly viewport shader

I've got a few really small games that I'm doing to try to git gud. What should I do with them when I'm done with them?

Have a CS degree; I learned almost nothing about how to code games.

>Calls himself a yesdev
>Doesn't use inconsolata

the only useful course in CS for making games is logic algorithms

he's trying to impress gamedev

well, will you look at this mad user, using emacs and coding huffman shit, wow
what a dank hacker

Using an Alex Jones meme doesn't make your opinion more correct.

teach me your 3d modeling ways

>Says he's making a high quality 3D game
>Isn't using /cryengine/

Hell yes it does.

>Using the face of a living god doesn't make your opinion more correct
I bet you use comic sans in visual

cs buds tend to be extremely shitty programmers

beware, try not falling for the meme completely and don't forget to code a lot while proving that knapsack problem is np-hard or whatever

What a dwingle!

REPUBLICANS, RAPISTS AND GOBLINS!

Correction, I use FB Agency in Visual.

I'm having a little modeling trouble here, how did you do your eyes?

daily reminder that going to school to learn CS and complaining there's no gamedev is like going to an art atelier to learn realistic painting and complaining there's no anime waifu shit.

>R loli M I N D jam R
loli jam starts April 1, finishes April 15
post your progress in the thread to cause endless REEE from normie shitposters
upload your game to any filehost and link in the thread
if you get banned we will honor your memory
lolijam friendly irc is #AGDC on rizon.net (irc://rizon.net/AGDC)

Question for all independent devs (devs who develop with nothing but programming languages):

What language are you using and how are you achieving game development in your language?

Great it's working.
Practice drawing and learn anatomy other than that i don't know.
I'll post my eye setup in a few minutes.