Unpopular opinion thread

The AW11 is only liked on Veeky Forums because it's the much cheaper alternative compared to favourite anime vehicle, the AE86. What other unpopular opinions are out there?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ObpcGNCU944
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I thought that was the only reason people bought AW11's. You also have to remember that finding a running 80's sports car is kind of hard and there are plentiful of AW11's in running condition, probably because of Toyota's meme reliability and 4A-GE's are great durable engines.

The BRZ has plenty of power. I got a '15 manual and its my favorite car I've ever owned.

decatting a car or otherwise removing emissions equipment is retarded and you could do many better things to make a better-running car
unless your car is literally a mid-70s trashbox decatting is on par with getting a cold air intake

The AW11 handles great and has lots of aftermarket. Being affordable only adds to it's appeal.

GM cars are in fact the best cars in America. Their quality is pretty nice, best bang for the buck. Shame they dont sell outside US of A.

True story, OP.
All these lazy Veeky Forumstists couldnt try looking on craigslist hard enough for a cheap sr5 and then convert it to a gts.
They hate it cause they cant have it.
Aw11 is a dime a dozen.

>couldnt try looking on craigslist hard enough
can easily find a semi decent gts for less than 5k if they actually look

SW20 is kind of fugly.

Handling is alright, but the W30 and AW11 are better.

They don't even sell ae86's in my country (ok maybe 2 but they go for 30k eurobucks and are completely rebuild drift cars)
While there are clean aw11's you can pickup for 4k
Also midship masterrace

>Toyota's meme reliability

So are you implying that Toyotas are not actually among the most reliable cars on the planet?

>concert SR5 to GT-S

In order for you to do that, you LITERALLY need a GT-S to pull parts from. SR5s outsold the GT-S something like 9 to 1 for one simple reason; they were sold exclusively with manual transmission, and Burgers loathe manual cars.

fwd is not that bad

what if I don't like initial d and wanted a car that gets 30mpg, is red, and never_dies.meme

The aw11 is a classic you fucking newfag weeb.
theyve always been popular whereas the 86 has only recently become popular with teenage anime viewers.

meant *is rwd* but I guess that works too

>30mpg+
>Red and black, like the AE86
>Very reliable

this

fwd v6 sedans produced in the last three years would outpace 90% of what Veeky Forums drives

Fuck you, I like it.

these are fucking HOT, why didn't we get them in my shitty country ;__________;

New NSX>old nsx

swapping in an engine thats the same number of cylinders as the old one is a pointless waste of money. i will never understand why 2zz swapping zzw's is such a big deal, if you're spending swap money because you actually buy the precat meme and want a better powerband just get a 2g and enjoy 300whp from a stock motor.

I like the idea behind the first generation Corvette and wish they kept it that way and made another car above that to act as their flagship (pontiac banshee for example)

There should also be a V6 option for the Corvette.

I think the Porsche Macan is a good looking car.

Honda Rideline is a good truck.

you're lying

>pontiac banshee

Man I want an amc eagle but they're all carbed.

You can install a fuel injection system or even swap the anaemic 258 for a Jeep 4.0, albeit with some modifications.

Cold air intake can net you maybe a couple horsepower if it's very free flowing. Decatting can net a lot more. I've seen a tuner able to extract an extra 20hp from decatting a restrictive exhaust system. You are wrong.

i unironically think Ariana Grande is talented and her last concert was the bomb

youtube.com/watch?v=ObpcGNCU944

Yeah I'd have to install pressurized fuel system for the injectors right? That sounds like a pain.

i actually like the aw11 because unlike the ae86 they put the engine in the correct location. If it just had double wishbone front/rear or multilink rear it would be a literally perfect dream car for me.

FR is best R

>inferior weight distribution

W R O N G

>rear-heavy
>inferior braking ability
>diminished cornering ability
What did he mean by this?

Meh aw11s are ok. Better than 86s unless it's going to be your only daily. They take a bit of money and usually an engine swap to make them fast by modern standards.

My opinion that might not shared by you autists are that G35/g37 are actually pretty decent cars.

1. sorta right
2. wrong
3. wrong

The Miata is what you'd come up with if you merged the AE86's FR layout, popup headlights, underpowered engine, and LSD with the Twingo's "face" (round headlights, mouth-shaped grill), lighter weight, and abundance.

>inferior braking ability
>rear weight bias brings weight dist. closer to 50/50 than front engine vehicles, allowing for shorter stopping distances

every wonder why 911's and fucking karmann ghias (aka a fucking beetle) outstop any other car from their era? Rear weight bias lets you brake later and pull harder out of the corner. 50/50 weight balance is a waste when you get passed before the corner and can keep up on exit.

China buys Buicks. Aren't they the largest car market outside of the US?

the 86 has always been popular because it was a great car

>>rear-heavy
>bad thing
Only people who believe it are people who think drag racing is the ultimate show of drivers skill and that cars attend races not drivers.

exactly.