MS Paint edition

>MHXX News
Update 1.1 w/ Eng Patch v2: mediafire.com/?05ff4wo51mhuh9s
English Patch Project: gbatemp.net/threads/465296/
MHGen to MHX Save Transfer: pastebin.com/Z1PPuX5F
Ping's Dex and Kiranico now support XX.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/hiromuhand0622/status/846916645780045825
mhxx.wiki-db.com/sim/
geocities.jp/masax_mh/mhxx/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Where has our silent guardian gone? Our watchful protector from the discord cancer. Our dark knightess.

Sad.

Hey /grandpa gen/
sit down and shut up it's time to play MHXX

Jetpacks and Magnets go together like Herbs and Blue Mushrooms!

You little piece of shit. I paid for this fucking house, it's time you get a job.

I'm still stuck playing Gen.

All alone.

I want to lick the felyne!

How do I unlock HR Amatsu, Alatreon. etc in XX?

How do I remove the initial ntr eng patch?

Why?

Me too
But I only ever solo anyway

>there are ungrateful grandpas not enjoying the evolution of monster hunter series in this thread

Raise your HR

Well I'm playing Tri on the wii.
Can You be more alone than that?

Well for one thing just don't run NTR. You could also delete what it installed in the Plugins folder.

twitter.com/hiromuhand0622/status/846916645780045825
Defend this evolutionary path of MH

They unlock automatically after beating Diablos

This should be proof enough to the people who somehow never noticed the big bump in monsters tendency to run from room to room.

And the two folders in the root and the archive.

I don't think NTR knows what to do with those without the plugin, but sure.

Any recommended sets and weapons for early G Rank? My Macao GS isn't quite cutting it for me. (didn't play Gen all the way, otherwise I'd have memeblade weapons)

Steve's great grandpa

Remove styles
Remove hunter arts
Remove mounting
Remove terrain
Remove charms
Remove SA, CB, IG

>metallica releases a new album
>all synth with rap
>people who used to like metallica object, too different
>"WOW YOU'RE JUST TOO OLD TO UNDERSTAND"

>knock off scales to weaken defenses
>damaging wings affects its ability to fly

C-cumming!

Why would it be more difficult to harvest the closer to the base you cut it off? It seems like the opposite should be true.

How do I unlock G Rank Hyper Daimyo Hermitaur?

I want the western inspired Gen 1 and 2 designs back. Fuck this new anime shit

>tfw playing 3U all alone right now

sounds comfy though.

I could see your problem with X/Gen, but XX is pretty good...

probably try to kill all hermitaur related quest? that's at least what i did to unlock some of the hyper monsters i need.

I'm just having some fun.

>Didn't have silverwind or hellblade maxed
Your fault.

Oh yeah... me too!

My fucking sides.

I guessing that means the sections closer to the base are harder to harvest because they've probably got more tissue and thicker scales

rather than just the tail which would be mostly bone with thin scales

Thanks, I had this suspicion.

i never did any special permit quests back in Gen. but i already got some mantis weapons and set right now. will there be a problem in the future if my hellblade and silverwind still at level one?

Not my fault Generations was a boring piece of shit famalam

sounds and looks more like Rathian

you're not really missing out on anything if you have the mantis shit

Metallica has been shit since Cliff died. Monhun has been good up until X. So this doesn't work here.

Makes too much senses now

That's the first thing I tried, and nothing. I even tried advancing to HR12 and nope, not that.

this implies x/xx is a completely different genre of game than previous monster hunter

you're complaining about much smaller changes and blowing them out of proportion as grandpas tend to do

>whore dragon strikes once again
>this time for Tiggy dick

Delete this, I mean it.

>Kirin
>Lao Shan
>Fatalis
>Rajang
>Yama Tsukami
>Shen Gaoren

Neither western nor down-to-earth. I do miss the old design philosophy though. Specifically that each armor piece had to be designed by hand by an artisan with a hammer forge and simple cloth work tools. They incorporated the monster design in the armor much better. But there are exceptions in both directions, of course.

All good, the game is fun.
now if I could get that rare drop from lucent

Not really? Mantis will carry you for everything you need to do. Hellblade/Silverwind is just to trivialize G1-G2 and all of Village HR given HA recovery is so fucking good. Hellblade's still good if you max it out given blast will never go out of style and for the HA, but doing G1-5 of Hellblade is some self torture you chances are don't need to inflict on yourself when Mantis is already so good. Silverwind's just trash now so don't even bother.

Guys, I wanna try a new weapon but I'm scared

was that an actual design philosophy or are you just sharing your headcanon

I wish they would add monsters that already have a bit of world building to future titles. Next set of raptors I hope use this design with the flying wyvern animation skeleton and bring back the Leviathan that was shown in Illustrations 3 which had the skull Shogun carries around

Will there ever be an ass for XX?

arena quests

i want to marry prototype wyvern!

wow. i finished most of my G rank requests but i too dont have the hyper daimyo. idk man.

What are you scared of?

No one will know what happens in solo. There's no one to laugh at you.

except your cats

Black Fatalis is as western as you can get, and upstart 3rdGen dads gave him shit exactly because of that.

Most likely.

There's already two in jap and with google translate and some light tab switching you can make a set.

>Not just sticking towards one weapon and only using another when Arenas are some bullshit

>two in jap

I only know about mhxx.wiki-db.com/sim/ . Is the other one better in any sense?

It's all over the MH 1+2 design books and cinematic cutscenes. Both literally and implied.

Rajang's gunlance, from the very first game to introduce the weapon, is literally a gun with Rajang's horn mounted to it.

>prototype
So this is one of the first bioweapons the ancient humans made? Interesting, got more lore?

no, Fatalis got shit before 4U because the fight was garbage. Gen 4 completely fixed all 3 Fatalis because they used Dire Miralis' animations.

>remove IG
>when it has been in the art books since Illustrations 1
It counts as a pseudo-grandpa weapon just like Tiggy was originally going to be a MH1 monster

no fucking wonder i've been searching for that zinogre for ages

geocities.jp/masax_mh/mhxx/

Depends on how much google translating you are willing to do. This one is harder to use in that respect.

Do negative points in a skill affect you if you don't reach the threshhold? Like if I have -6 in stun does that mean that I get stunned easier than if it was at 0, or does that only happen once I get -10?

so what would be the "new" design philosophy then? this pretty much hasn't changed and you already acknowledged there are exceptions

I want to give Miss Cat a big, wet, deep, disgustingly sloppy, unmistakably sexual adult kiss as I grope and fondle her loli body!

This can't be real lmfao

Geocities is still a thing? Holy what.

oh look gen 1 Garuga/Kut Ku AI except this time the monster is invincible when it runs

>geocities

I just did a timewarp

Page 600,000,000 Bird

No they don't affect you. You can see your active skills in your equipment menu on the pause screen.

This means you can offset negative skills by placing a +1 gem in your slot.

How does one recover a stylus from under a desk?

Usually with one's toes.

Well, there certainly are exceptions. Gammoth, in my opinion, is perfectly within old design standards, particularly Male HR version. But look at Brachydios, Glavenus, Barioth X, Astalos, Blue Nakarkos, a lot of monsters get armors "inspired by" the fight, but with no clear monster part incorporation. They look like metal power ranger suits or colored cloth very often.

a shame this design gave birth to a dogshit Kut Ku clone but with sleep, tripping, and tremors. Hypno's only good variation doesn't even have Hypnocatrice in it's name

Why are so many hammer designs just such shit? it's so hard to find a hammer that doesn't look like ass. Half of them are just the monster's face on a stick. And when there's a cool hammer like Astalos's or Ceanatuar's it's shit.

you're dogshit

>Injuring Rath's wings does not impede its ability to fly in any way
Why the fuck did the forget a key thing like this?

Why are you even using hammer? That's for irrelevant grandpas.

sonic bomb him when he isn't enraged and is in pounce stance, repeat this twice and get both shinies, if no cloudy moonshard abandon and retry, if you get cloudy moonshard suicide and fail

Over the line.

This whole time I thought bird wyverns were a case of convergent evolution, like piscine wyverns are. I guess they really are wyverns.

What do you think if they bring this design to life in MH5?

No reason to care since I'm not going to be playing MH5

But you can flash them once you've broken their wings.

no like the tiny space under it which is housing dust devils and other horrors

>face on a stick
This is the exact problem.

That should be reserved for foes that actually have a hard face. Garuga, Rathalos (pre-Silver), KutKu, all wrong. Basarios is right.

Even better when they use a monster's exposed bone or tail, like Urugaan and Duramboros.

>>Lao Shan
>>Fatalis
>>Rajang
>>Yama Tsukami
>>Shen Gaoren
>Japanese designs
Kirin is the only one there that is remotely weeb

There is a 100% chance of it being shit.
Kaiju-size monsters never work.

Gogmazios, Akantor, Ukanlos, Dire Miralis, and 4th gen fate dragons worked.

None of those are fun to fight though.
Gog is the best there is and he's still trash.