/drg/ - Danganronpa General

Don't forget to use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!
Previous thread Steam's Official Best Boy edition

>/drg/ OP pastebin (just copy it and paste previous thread link)
pastebin.com/XYa49a5Q

>DRV3 news pastebin - *Updated 19/3/2017*
pastebin.com/n83HpxJC

>New to DR
pastebin.com/mnduF4qj - Spoiler free guide to enjoy Danganronpa
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT - Indepth gameplay mechanics and infomation

>Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413410

>Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413420

>Danganronpa AE: Ultra Despair Girls is coming to Steam and PS4:
youtube.com/watch?v=VzbIuPpPM8E
store.steampowered.com/app/555950/

>Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony for PS4, PS Vita, and Steam on September 26th (N. America), and September 29th (Europe)
youtube.com/watch?v=UdGlN0aEG2k

>DR 1-2 Reload coming to PS4
youtube.com/watch?v=6DGuCuHurUk

> DR3 Anime episodes and more
pastebin.com/bvNw28sS

>Kazutaka Kodaka Interviews and more
pastebin.com/QjVqihAm

>DR Manga Scanlations:
shslscans.tumblr.com/current
>DR Manga Collection (Eng): *You need an account to use Batoto*
bato.to/search?artist_name=Spike Chunsoft

>Download pastebin *contains downloads, art assets, sprites, manga, novels, music, anime, media, charts, and icons.*
pastebin.com/6UhFpa8W

Other urls found in this thread:

bamboo-woods.tumblr.com/post/159002422739/5-reasons-why-you-should-buy-ndrv3-in-september
danganronpa.us/v3/character/index.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for best girl!

Munakata keeps being the Ultimate Meme.

I wasted 15 minutes doing this

4th for Tulpaman

This is amazing, user.

>Japan begging for V2 game
KEK

>Alright peasants of /drg/, it's just you and me for the night. What do you have in mind?

NDRV3 Omake Mode Hanamura&Celes conversation

>Third Year, Christmas

>It’s the last winter of school life… I have a Christmas party with my classmates planned ahead. Helping out with kitchen while preparing for party food at the same time… I’m very busy! Some students seems to have come in. Should I talk to them?

>>Miss, what would be your order? (Celes)
>That cake there isn’t for customers. (Kuwata)
>Could it be that… you came to help me? (Toujou)

>Celes: Then I’ll have gyoza.
>Hanamura: You’re having gyoza on Christmas too? You must really like them.
>Celes: I’m eating what I like because today is the occasion. I like Hanamura-kun’s gyoza.
>Celes: Thinking about not being able to eat it after we graduate… that’s a bit sad.
>Hanamura: You can jump into my chest anytime you miss me!
>Celes: Could you refrain those kinds of words?
>Celes: I don’t know if me looking angry isn't effective enough to you, but you’re a troublemaker who gets happy with those kind of things.
>Hanamura: Huhuhu, my lower hald is tough after all! Even so… my heart is pretty delicate you know?
>Celes: Really… you never get tired with those kind of things…

>… I prepared tasty gyoza for Celes!

No lewds in this thread allowed, or Mastermind Ishimaru will find all your fap material and throw it away.

>you will never go on a cute amusement park date with Moekiyo
>you will never hold his clammy shaky hands while you wait on the line for the biggest roller coaster in the park
>you will never watch him shake nervously at the ride, assuring him he'll be fine
>you will never witness him scream and cry when the roller coaster takes a drop, having his hand latched onto your thigh
>You will never hug and kiss him when you exit the ride, offering to buy him cotton candy as a treat
>You will never feel him clinging onto you all nervous and flustered, whispering to you how much you mean to him
>You will never tell him you love him back, and that this is the happiest you've been with someone.

NDRV3 Omake mode Leon&Hoshi Conversation

>Third year, December, end of the year.

>It’s the last winter of school life, the end-of-term ceremony has ended too, so you’re going to go back home for the end of the year. As you think about what to get as a present while eating, the cafeteria becomes more crowded. You think about talking to the students who’re looking for seats.

> Owari, sit here. Your plate’s overflowing with food.
> Hey, Maizono-chan! It’s empty here~!!
>> Hoshi… you’re looking for a seat, aren’t you? You can sit here you know?

>Hoshi: Then, I shall join you. There’s no other seat too so…
>Kuwata: As you wish. Since you’re here, it won’t be so awkward.
>Hoshi: Hmm… is that so.
>Kuwata: ……
>Hoshi: …..
>Hoshi: … I heard that. You were talking with pro baseball scoutsman.
>Kuwata: Ha? How did you know that sort of…
>Kuwata: Did someone like Asahina or Naegi who said that needless stuff?
>Hoshi: Well, the source of information doesn’t matter.
>Kuwata: Ah… well, it’s alright. With a few teams… we just talked.
>Kuwata: It’s me indeed though? It’s not bad that I got to know a woman pro announcer or something like that.
>Kuwata: Besides, there’s a girl who was disappointed to hear that I wasn’t playing baseball you know?
>Hoshi: Hmm… You’re same as ever.
>Hoshi: It’ll be okay even if you get defeated in the world of pro. I will look forward to watching your matches on TV.
>Kuwata: There’s no way I’d lose. I will hit home runs with strikes with pow so… watch me.

>I talked about future with Hoshi while eating together.

(s)he looks good in this outfit.

More Moekiyo copypastas like this please!

ANGIE WANTS HER CLOTHES BACK, KOKICHI

Not only the best danganronpa boy, but the best boy of all anime! Truly the best!

>You can jump into my chest anytime you miss me!
Cute!

Ok ok just pls no stabby.

I want Angie to fuck Kokichi and make him a devout follower of Kami-sama.

>new danganronpa directed by zunda with art by manino

I'd honestly buy the shit out of this

Thanks, I couldn't help myself.

I'll write more soon, I just need more ideas. Thanks for liking it though!
Ayyyy I wrote that too! I'm flattered people are saving these.

bamboo-woods.tumblr.com/post/159002422739/5-reasons-why-you-should-buy-ndrv3-in-september

>For New Danganronpa V3, if you click on the dorm room door of the character who has died in the previous chapter’s trial&case, the protagonist provides short insight about what has led him/her to this downfall.
Oh, that's interesting. I wonder what was Shuichi thinking about Kaede and Korekiyo.

I want them to become co-leaders of a sex cult!

I would rather see Angie use him as a blood sacrifice.

I come into the last thread for the first time in weeks and search for Kiibo and I get treated to a story about Kiibo being pissed in.
That was great.
What's the state of these threads now? It doesn't seem as bad as it could be. What's left? Is it all Tulpafags?

Anyone interested?

It's not /drg/ submissions sure but I want to know who'd be the real winner if there's none of those pesky "killing game rules".

I'm interested
Rooting for HIKUSHON

Yeah, let's do it.

NOT FOR LEWD

Since I'm here anyway I'll post some Kiiboshit before disappearing into the ether again.
Not that I think there's any of the major fans of this around here anymore.

I'm up for it!

Or some other fan art, too. I'm sure you guys haven't been very good about posting new ones.

Everyone decided to supply up and run, so there was only two deaths. Let the games begin, then!

RIP moonman

Sure, do it.

But Neo Aikido doesn't even use weapons!

Accurate to the game.

Isn't he handsome?

Day 1: Everyone gets scared of everyone else and that's probably not how you're supposed to dispose of bombs.

Are the bombs dead?

>Kaede spares tulpaman's life
This will be regretted

Night 1: New OTP and god is dead.

Well shit, rip Saihara.

He's beautiful

Kiiboshit.

Day 2: Finally, TDR lets us be free.

RIP Saihara.

Night 2: Nee-san is sent to Nee-san.

At least Nee-san has the entire audience now.

Summary:
K: I really had a lot of fun today...
K: So I would be really happy... if you would invite me out again...!!!
S: Yeah, sure.
K: !! I'm looking forward to it...
S: (He's a really well-made robot...)

And now I'm leaving again. Goodbye, friends.

Day 3: They weren't kidding about the high death rate, geeze.

>Toilet Paper chases Miu
Like pottery.

SHE'S GOING HAM, BOYS

HOLY SHIT
SASUGA ERECT BOMBS

Hiyo, /drg/.
danganronpa.us/v3/character/index.php
Urgh, I fucking knew they'd change it to Oma. Just like Toko, Soda and Gundham.
Thankfully, he'll be Kokichi in the English release, and I've been calling him Kokichi from the start but got used to calling him Ouma because everyone else was.
Okay, let's do this:

Boys -
1.Ouma
2.Kiibo
3.Kaito
4.Saihara
5.Gonta
6.Hoshi
7.Rantaro
8.Korekiyo

I love all 8, Korekiyo is last because love/hate.

Girls -
1.Iruma
2.Yumeno
3.Kirumi
4.Tenko
5.Angie
6.Kaede
7.Maki
8.Tsumugi

All of the girls are great except THAT CUNT TSUMUGI of course.

Wow, that is a high death rate.

That's what you get when you blow up half the cast.

>Kaede
>"Piano Freak"

Whoever ripped Nagito's laugh in english and japanese a few days ago for me, thanks. The video's been made, but it's private for now - I have to wait until it's time.

Thanks for the Necrodancer remix of Ekoroshia too by the way, it worked wonderfully.

Eh. "Piano idiot" doesn't exactly roll off the tongue very well.

>Teruteru in the middle
>Gundam's hair
The actual fuck?

Down to three, place your bets!

>Gonta, Toilet Paper, Miu
Please let this end differently this time

TOILET PAPER BOYS

I want TOILETO PAYPAA to win t b h

TOILETOOO PAYPAAAAA

SHSL Survivor for obvious reasons

Coin flip now!

COME ON TOILETO PAYPAAAAAAAAAA, YOU'VE GOT THIS

AND THE WINNER IS....

SHSL survivor lost to a roll of toilet paper. Kodaka is a hack.

Thanks for watching!

TOILETOOOO PAYPAHHHH

It bothers me because now it doesn't look like King Horse. Why would you do that, it's such a funny name.

And yes, fuck Tsumugi.

Goddammit Amami, you were so close.

I refuse to accept this

Post your favorite hunger games moments

KODAKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Yeah "Oma" just looks odd now, especially when it means "grandma" in so many languages.

"Kokichi" is cute, though.

So guys, what do you think Ouma's actual opinion of lies and truth is? I hear a lot of how the truth hurts and how he'd like for people to put lies on the level of truth, but given how he worked alone to uncover the truth and he even admits his lying is a bad habit I really doubt that's the case, it sounds more like he wants people to understand lies than to say they hate them when they do tell lies themselves.

I think he likes lies when they aren't really hurting anyone. I don't think he hates calling himself a supreme leader and playing up his organization or trolling people for fun with lies. I think he genuinely enjoys that.

When it comes to terrible shit like lying about enjoying murder/the killing game or lying about your true feelings, though, I think he hates it. Likewise with truths that cause pain; he'd rather tell white or gentle lies to avoid those.

Of course, Ouma is a giant hypocrite who lies away his real emotions as a shitty coping mechanism, but he hates seeing other people do that.

At least there's that, Kokichi's such a cute name it's almost sad no one calls him by it to my knowledge.

Angie calls everyone by their first name without honorifics, but I don't think that's going to carry over to the dub in any form.

Hey guys, i'm transcripting DRV3 (Juice's playthrough, almost done with prologue) and I was wondering what would be better to call the characters by.

Should Ouma be referred to as Kokichi or Ouma? Should Amami be Rantarou? Saihara as Shuichi? Iruma as Miu?

Everyone else i'm using (what i'm pretty sure is) their first name, with a few exceptions (like Saihara calls everyone by their last) but it just feels... weird to call them Kokichi, Rantarou, Miu, and Shuichi. I'd like a second opinion.

Yeah, now subtle easter eggs like the horse head wearing a crown on Ouma's bed isn't going to make much sense to EOP.
I actually prefer Kokichi over Ouma because it's much cuter. I just started calling him Ouma eventually because the Japanese version calls him that so much(Except for Angie calling everyone by their first name)
Going to be weird since Chapter 4 and 5 call Ouma by his full name a lot too.
"The world is smallluck Grandma's"

Since you're going with juice's playthrough, I think using last names are more fitting.

I think you should translate it depending on how other characters refer to them, since it's a transcript.
That would mean you'd be using their last names most of the time, so it doesn't feel quite as awkward.
Last names for reference are Akamatsu, Amami, Iruma, Oma, Ki-Bo, Gokuhara, Saihara, Shirogane, Shinguji, Chabashira, Tojo, Harukawa, Hoshi, Momota, Yumeno, and Yonaga.

It's not a direct transcript; i'm editing it as I go to make everything make a little more sense and to make some untranslatable jokes maybe funny. Juice doesn't have perfect translations so i'm making an attempt to make it flow better, so it shouldn't be too much trouble to make everyone call each other by their first names in a non-awkward way. I prefer a first-name basis too, especially since that's what everyone will be calling them come September, but you do make some good points, considering this is just a transcript.

I'll think about it some more.

Honestly, just leave honorifics as it is. You're going to go with a bunch of workarounds since some people refer to others differently and that could be lost easily. Best to keep them so you don't overwork yourself on consistency or coming up with names.

If you use their first names, you will ruin Kaito's sissy act after Gonta's death.

True, true. I was wondering what i'd do for Angie's quirk about first-name only, because would be lost in transcription. Iruma's insults are a huge problem in general as well because insults (thankfully her Saihara one is easy to remember and has no bearing on which name used).

If you're talking about honorifics, i'm not the biggest honorifics fan and so far Juice hasn't used them much (Kaede called Saihara Saihara-kun 1 time so far in 2 hours, she's just used Saihara the rest). But this is the prologue, and characters other than Kaede and Saihara haven't talked to each other much, so...

I think i'll see if first name only sounds awkward, and once the prologue's done, if it sounds super duper awkward, i'll just replace it with last names.

Thanks for your thoughts, everyone!

Wait, what does he do?

What did they mean by this?

He calls Shuichi by his last name.

Junko's Complex

I think what he says to Saihara if he says that he could never learn to like lies is key: The human mind isn't so shallow it can't learn to take a lie or two, something like that.

Basically Ouma does recognize telling lies isn't the best thing but he's aware all the same that the world is filled with lies and everyone will lie at some point. When you stubbornly cling to the notion that lies are bad and truth is good you don't notice when you're being lied to, simply because your viewpoint excludes the possibility that people can tell lies for good reasons.

Advertising, makeup, acting, all of these things are lies too but unless you do so to excess they're not harmful. That's why Ouma's literally a liar's worst enemy, as the old adage goes it takes a thief to catch a thief and a liar to catch a liar.

True, I'll probably start calling him Kokichi then.

Does he usually call him Shuichi? If so, fuck I don't know how to change that, good point...

Well shit you fuckers are making a great argument for last name so i'll do it, I'll just change the text brackets (whatever you call them) so they use the whole name instead of just the first so people know they have a first name

The problem is that certain nuances may be gone. For example Kaito refers to Saihara with his last name at first, but as they become friends he calls him Shuichi, and then reverts back to referring to him by his last name after their fallout with the 4th trial.

Like I said, it's better to keep everything as is or you're going to run into stuff like this and how you are going to translate that well instead of, yeah know, working more on the actual translation.

I guess you are free to do what you want, but I personally prefer keeping things as intact as possible, for the most part. The official translation is going to be more americanized, so I would like to see how the original japanese script is like.