/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

Yet Another Collage Edition

RINGED CITY IS OUT, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED, STAY AWAY WHILE YOU PLAY IT BY YOURSELF

>Forgot about the Painting Guardians:
>Ringed City items checklist (if you find an error, please reply and correct):
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>1.11 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839063734797566

>1.12 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839596812166515

>Ringed City DLC stuff
pastebin.com/4mUsZWmv

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xggWJLgN-Es
gematsu.com/2017/03/dark-souls-iii-director-not-concerned-whether-not-next-game-resembles-dark-souls
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I want to be impaled on Midir's giant corrupted cock while I feel the Abyss start to taint my body and soul.

Is this kino in music form?

youtube.com/watch?v=xggWJLgN-Es

Say what you will about the Gael fight, but man, that voice actor is pretty good.

His delivery on the "for my lady's painting" line is chilling. Fits really well with his insane/primal first stage.

Yo, the item checklist is missing the slab you get for finding the Ringed Knight in the area you kill Gael in.

Threadly reminder that this general shitted on Lud and Zallen when they were first revealed but unironically praise Fromsoft for Demon Princes when they're literally the same fight. Dark Souls 3 fags are ruining /dsg/.

noice trips

I feel like this might've been done before but here is Rome.

Other weapon is a follower javelin, and I have a composite bow in my left hand too.

artorias wasn't human and he didn't become stronger, just more beastly

Memehacki can do no wrong. Where do you think you are?

You can only post in this thread if you solved the ''Show your humanity'' riddle by yourself
Brainlets need no apply

>reminder that Miyazaki doesn't want to make another souls game and doesn't care if you want one

gematsu.com/2017/03/dark-souls-iii-director-not-concerned-whether-not-next-game-resembles-dark-souls

ac6 when

Ornstein's spear+5 against Midir?

Does he take bonus damage from Lightning since he's a dragon?

Right, bad example on artorias' part, the other bits are valid though. sorry I'm not sober

So how do I get the new spell that is a lighting homing soulmass with zero animation?

Is the Anor Londo bonfire FC still going?

yuka's best song desu
its not overly in your face at first and spirals into complete madness in the end.

why are dexfags so dumb

"Oh god...hes putting his Abyss into my Catacombs!"

People like The Demons? That boss was fucking gross.

Midir and Gael are pretty good. Gael isn't hard, but he's a fun fight at least. Same with Midir, actually.

Man, I just realized that none of the DLC actually was super challenging. I am suddenly filled with disappointment.

*memehacksucky

Can the ringed paired greatswords be parried?

they actually have the gimmick of having different roles they can switch between
lud and zallen are just two copypasted aava
get fucked, leddit DaS2babby

About to go respec solely to use the Aquamarine Dagger. Not even going to be a magic build, I just want to use the switchblade. Someone tell me why this is an awful idea

>"waaaah no more generic dudes in armor bosses psl"
>certain "generic dudes in armor" are considered by players as some of the best bosses in the series
soulsfags live in denial

yeah he's weak to lightning

that's fine. I want another souls game but if the designer isn't into it it's not going to be good

You could also be better at the game after playing a lot of souls. There is that effect as well.

I for example lost to every boss 3000 times since I only pvp and don't know what I'm doing against bosses anymore.

>Load up Dark Souls 3
>Remember there is no Tonitrus
>Play anyway because Drang Hammers exist

>Does he take bonus damage from Lightning
No. He's not as resistant to it as he is everything else though. That still means you'll do shit damage, of course. Just slightly less shit.

Damn, dunno why it never occured to me to claw since that's how you gave yourself any semblance of control of the camera back when MH was still on the PSP. I'll give it a shot.

go to his boss room then

So have the spears slowed down at all levels or is there a sweet spot? Most fun invading into the shitshow of 3 mans that is this game in a long time.

Comic guy here
Last post probably, I can edit the TRC edit to be more concise and cram in some more gags, but I feel like I'd be overstaying my welcome doing that.
Is the comic satisfactory as it is now or can some things be changed?

I don't remember 2 cats having different movesets and the last one becoming a third stronger cat

>yeah he's weak to lightning
He's not WEAK to lightning. He's got insane resistances to everything, his lightning resistances are just not quite as high as everything else. You'll do a little more damage with lightning, but it still amounts to chip damage and the fight is still a fucking slog.

Is it worth putting points into luck for warden twinblades?

What happens if you kill Gael where he brings you to the first DLC? IIRC that's the only time we meet him in person before his boss fight.
He probably just pulls Friede's vanishing bulshit and locks you out of the first DLC.

>tfw it's time to CE the remaining spear ornaments because activity slows down

>i actually got in with midir sperging out behind me

feel good brehs

it might actually not be, I got fucking ROCKED in the arena earlier by someone using one, the thing is lightning fast and seems to have a shitload of phantom range on the running and sprinting R1's. Maybe I'm just shit tho, YMMV

>Bamco
>releasing anything for free
>ever
you've been duped my friend

>Havel Presses R1
You're literally no better than a spell caster, congrats.

It feels like it has slowed down a lot today, at least for me.

Maybe it's giving priority to people who haven't maxed the covenant? Feels like ever since I maxed it things slowed way the fuck down.

Lud and Zallen would probably work if your character had DaS3's speed and stamina management. But even then, I feel like it wouldn't be as balanced as the Demon Prince's first phase.

potato, potahto

I like both of the comics, they all cover most f the jokes so far.
I'd still have waiting 1-2 weeks for everything to settle down, but that's okay too

You get an ornament for beating a spear as a host. Just revive the boss and keep bullying spears until you max it out.

nu-/dsg/ sucked up this DLC real good, they still got From cum dripping from their chins.
I can not believe this general praised
Lud and Zallen 2.0
Old Monk 2.0 ( A shitty version of old monk)
Watered Down Orphan of Kos

Yet shits on the only good fight this DLC had to offer which was Midir.

It's probably because I've been in the same general for over 8 years. But fuck man this community has changed, all the new blood are shitters

you can't kill him
he just respawns

I just invaded someone at high wall of lothric and their phantom had chaos pyromancy is this normal?

>using R2 makes it more skilled
This meme is stupid.

Pls

>no [muffled "Jingle Bell Rock" playing in the distance]

just keep appending to it as we get new memes and meta, if it ever changes past this point
Really though, it seems fine my man.

>You could also be better at the game after playing a lot of souls. There is that effect as well.

Nice "Souls 3 is only easy because you're a souls vet" excuse. Faggot. Why doesn't DaS3 have anything as tough as Ludwig/Laurence/Kos (ng+)

High Wall is memester central so yeah. You'll find more ganks and passworded phantoms there than anywhere else (except maybe Pontiff).

Claw helps in all forms of gaming, it's worth it to get used to it. I started clawing in DS1 and now I'm literally uncomfortable holding the controller without the claw.

WHAT TIME IS IT

Is the only way to get to the abyss dragon from the secret path in that underground church?

they gave aldia for free so maybe we will get a last boss fight and a lore dump with

What are the current good Dex and Str weapons?

Midir is fun. In NG and NG+. Anything past that begins to get ludicrous to the point where the only thing you can do is Pestilent Mercury.

Don't know where you'd fit it in, but you could include a joke about the Ashen One touching shit they really shouldn't be touching.

Wolnir's Chalice, Gael's painting scrap, the eggshell. I can't even be sure i'm not forgetting something.

Why does BB not have anything as though as Midir (NG+)?

After you get maxed gems, not even NG+7 scales properly to combat your damage.

It's feast time

Based on interviews, Miyazaki seems like he wants to make a more expansive MMO-like game. That's probably his "something different" being made.

My prediction:

>E3 2017: Armored Core 6 Trailer, directed by Yui Tanimura. Bandai published, VR support, 7/10 (not as good as AC Verdict Day, but a solid game). Built on BB/DS3 engine.
>TGS 2017: Announcement of new Miyazaki-designed MMO. Has invasions, covenants, etc. but with player factions (like ACVD) and without the single player balance focus. Worldwide server a la Chromehounds / ACV/ACVD. Japan gets their own server, everyone else gets another. Sony published, PS4. Will get a PC port 6 months later. Has a new game engine that doesn't resemble souls.
>Spring 2018: AC6 released.
>E3 2018: Announcement of BB2 or "souls-like" new IP. Directed by someone new. PS4 exclusive, better than DS3 but worse than BB. More of the same. Co-op only, no invasions, cinematic linear story focus.
>TGS 2018: MMO Released
>Spring 2019: BB2/Souls-like release.

Time for forced meme !

Dude I don't care about the pve difficulty of dark souls since I play the games for pvp exclusively, but that still makes sense since bloodborne is mechanically distinct enough from the souls games to play almost like a different genre. You've done a fuckton of dark souls before you get to ringed city. Demon souls too, if you played that.

I think on a base level midir is still harder than, say, kalameet in das1. It's difficult to directly compare dark souls and bloodborne bosses for the reason I mentioned, though.

>going to fight the Spear
>See Paired Greatsword

and that's when I pull the plug.

i have 5 wins and i havent gotten summoned for the last ~400 posts

Midir isn't even hard though. Used the patent-pending headbop strategy I practiced on hotdog so many times before. Killed him in 3 tries.

He's just health gouged to hell. The only hard part about Midir is that it takes 5 years to kill him, and longer if you're an elemental build.

>quote from man after being ROCKED

>tfw started using EGS because it scales S with strength with heavy
>"stop using HEGS"

I'm starting to see why where I didn't originally. Webm related.
Is there anything else I can use that scales S with strength that isn't the Cleaver, or Yorhms? I just wanna be able to use something new that takes advantage of strength.

>Fight Spear
>Use Gothards to nuke the initial summon before the phantom appears
>Spear loads in with dual GS's
>Roll catch him 3 times with the Hollowslayer and point down as he fades away

I don't see your problem.

predict THIS

*unzips crystal ball*

Don't we all, user.

Can you still level up / be summoned with the Spears covenant if you kill the boss?

You can simulate a Midir experience by using a broken saw cleaver against whatever boss of your choosing :)

I think that's always one of my favorites. People complaining about having to fights dudes in armor, but then list Artorias, Fume Knight and Gerhman as some their favorite fights, while most of the fights against giant monsters are kind of shitty.

>mimic under the dragon in High Wall drops Symbol of Avarice
>mimic in the Cathedral drops Symbol of Avarice
holy shit, this is going to be a good run

Making a str/faith build. Will putting in a heavy gem be any worse or better than a blessed gem if both stats are the same and the scaling is the same for both on the weapon?

man, remember when DaS1 str weapons were bad and dex was meta?

what a long time ago it is

>Anything past that begins to get ludicrous to the point where the only thing you can do is Pestilent Mercury.
I really need to see a webm or video of this, because I don't ever want to touch Dark Souls 3 ever again.

This fucking attack is so sick. Boss felt like it was on par to Artorias.

>I play the games for pvp exclusively

Why? These games are fucking awful for anything other than random invasion PvP, and even that's a stretch

Go play an actual balanced competitive game

Exactly the point, you can get enough damage to make any BB boss easy since you kill them in a few mins, sometimes less.
None of that in DaS 3, Midir's attacks are around the same difficulty to dodge as the harder BB bosses, but he has so much HP that you have to either fight forever or risk getting one shot.

>stop liking things

A video of the Mercury or of the health?

If you kill the Spear of the Church but don't touch the egg then yes.

doesn't matter, blessed is too awful for anything you said to matter. just go heavy

>since I play the games for pvp exclusively

So essentially you're stupid?

constructive contribution to this conversation user thanks for that

Just mercury on the boss, his health pool didn't bother me too much but i only did it on ng+5 with anri luck build, it took a while sure, but i enjoyed it

He looked dramatic as hell, but everything he did was so fucking easy to dodge. I also felt the lightning strikes should have used a different effect: the lightning didn't feel like it really fit with the rest of the effects going on.

Because the PvE is pretty shit too since the combat system assumes players are too dumb to have more types of attacks.
At least in PvP you get to make people angry.

breddy gud so far
keep adding to it if you get any new ideas, the whole general's brimming with TRC memes so early after its release, like "A happy Dark Soulâ„¢ to you" and what not

BB plays differently enough. It's all about agression and fast-paced action. The skills you learn from Dark Souls just make you worse at BB from the get-go rather than help. But DS skills translate perfectly well into DS3 skills.

It's not like you'd understand actual constructive criticism. Why waste my keystrokes on anything that doesn't involve mocking you?

he asked for your fucking opinion on why you liked it you little sensitive faggot