/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, March 31st:
627 – Battle of the Trench: Muhammad undergoes a 14-day siege at Medina (Saudi Arabia) by Meccan forces under Abu Sufyan.
1146 – Bernard of Clairvaux preaches his famous sermon in a field at Vézelay, urging the necessity of a Second Crusade. Louis VII is present, and joins the Crusade.
1822 – The massacre of the population of the Greek island of Chios by soldiers of the Ottoman Empire following an attempted rebellion, depicted by the French artist Eugène Delacroix.
1889 – The Eiffel Tower is officially opened.
1909 – Serbia accepts Austrian control over Bosnia and Herzegovina.

>News
CK2 Monks and Mystics is out. Check the Veeky Forums archive.

EU4 - 21/03
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-dev-diary-21st-march-2017-diplomatic-macro-builder.1006623

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!vIQnEZJK!5YCtpPMElgZJ3DDaVSaxJqEGym87SKZxfx-uKVwZmqM

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/eu4/
youtube.com/watch?v=H-bTMbePj0A
youtube.com/watch?v=zd_qC2rmmSU
steamcommunity.com/app/203770/discussions/0/133260492058501909/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

based

Just watched as that autist spammed 5 threads and got them all deleted
He's probably trembling with rage
He's lucky he isn't permabanned for spamming

Pla Lata

Convert to islam.

thanks

grounded and caucasian

based and white

Proper Infopic

COUNTRYMEN, It is YOUR turn!

Where should I colonize as italy in eu4?

A better game.

Okay, what game?

>mods are active except for the new-thread shitposting ITT
really makes me think

>hating on EU4
Sure is reddit here.

East v West

Victoria 2 with HPM.

>nothing what he says happens
>he ends up making a thread earlier and spamming it while mods delete his shit
>still comes back to the thread, probably ban evading

>eu4 isnt reddit
reddit.com/r/eu4/

but i want to convert to victoria 2

does the ck2 to euiv converter work?

Fairly well. Better than eu4 -> Vic2 or Vic2 -> HoI4, but they all work well enough to play

>2690
>The Catholics and Ursulines have both announced their Crusaders
>Neither have called for a Crusade of Louisiana
>It's growing

But Islam is kill.

in ck2+, should I start with a unified church, or a split church? I'm not familiar with the middle ages, besides the bullet points.

I assume there are events to actually make the west Catholic eventually in the early starts?

Why are you islamophobic but support war?

I rarely play ck2+, but I would assume there are.

>modern right wingers
>supporting war
>support deposing based secular assad
>support replacing him with unstable democracies that will inevitabky just fall to ISIS and then be colonised by Israel in the name of peace and democracy a decade later
Pick none.

so what's the least bullshit way to unify japan in euiv?

it definitely runs a bit slower, so there must be a shitload of event checks and flags running.

every muslim killed by falling bombs is a service to the rest of humanity
yes, women and children included

Why don't you wait until the whole east gets remade and you can claim the heavenly kingdom for grorious nippon

because I'm already waiting to play ck2 until m&m is fixed and stellaris until utopia

M&M is fine. You aren't getting transmutations until the next update.

transmutations? like alchemy?

Play as a daimyo and use mercs. Can usually annex all other daimyo's within twenty years or so.

I did it but Georgia cock blocked me on a few provinces, but I'll deal with them in a couple years.

Makes my blob look kind of bloated, and the shitty wasteland fill into Arabia doesn't help.

For HIP, does anyone know if the different German culture have specific melting-pot progression like Anglo and Norman to English, or will it always be Scheisk, Duringisk, Frenkisk, etc.

Are there any mods for hoi4 that even slightly fix the game or atleast make it harder

>hoi4
everyone point and laff

Yeah, we got ingredients, a jade keystone for alchemy, and a whole magnus opus on it, but it doesn't do anything other than grant generic bonuses like everything else.
The ingredients, despite having a special decision to gather them, do absolutely nothing but fill your treasury with decoy items for the enemy to steal.

>EU4
>nothing but blobs
whoahhhhhhh

cucking the brits as Belgium is just so poetic

All the German cultures will eventually melt into two distinct groups; Low German (Sehisk/Sachsen) and High German (Deutsch).

What stats would King Michael I of Romania have as a leader in HOI4?

i just like the production system and want to know if it's possible to play the weakest country in the game and actually face some kind of challenge.

Grandi

Is doing a grand campaign with Japan possible?

Define grand campaign

Rate, I've sphered egypt, but I'll probably release them and sudan as puppets, because I don't wanna be blobby, hence the kleinmittelafrikaiums.
Not shown, hong kong which I own and the phillipines which I will take

CK2 - HOI4

Thanks for fixing the CK2 music mod link R&I. I knew you would.

>Playing HoI4
>ever
Codreanu is the rightful leader of Romania, anyways.

>4

Thanks for the info, user.

HOI3's tutorial helps with my sleep schedule.

Japan doesn't exist in CK2, so no.

If you're playing HPM, you cant get the Congo event as a GP, unless you annex the Kongo area beforehand

Don't they have that Sengoku thing?

implying anyone wants niggers even in their colonial territories. sick dude.

That's a different game. It also only has Japan, so there'd be no point in a savegame converter.

>not using the trail of tears event as a template to create events to move all undesirable populations out of your territories

How Eurocentric of you.

Now I have seen some retarded shit in this game, but I have never seen the Karlings become Jewish before

But having natives in your colonies as a small country is "desirable," because you can raise soldiers from them. Having huge empty colonies might make sense for Great Britain, but not so much for Belgium which doesn't have enough accepted pops on the entire map to warrant trying to spread them into Africa etc.

A sengoku savegame converter would always result in just exactly the same map EU4 starts with in the first place.

That problem shouldn't be too hard to handle though.

It starts with a unified Japan?

What you do to cheese it is fuck with influence in secondary powers so no gp is friendly, then declare on them to release the congo and itll go in your sphere as a unciv which gets almost immediately annexed by you via event

They always were m8, they always were.
But honestly that looks like the best fucking timeline. Play it out and see how Jewish the rest of Europe becomes.

You like my Russia?

I annexed Hungry and Lithuania through marriages and disputed successions. Just went into a personal union with England. Going to go to war with Brandenburg over Ragusa for a disputed succession. Took Constantinople

Sengoku ends when you have 50% of the daimyo, not when you have unified Japan.

I like that Egypt a lot better than I like your disgusting blob. Ragusa is adorable too. You should release Greece as a vassal and leave Ragusa and Brandenburg alone.

My Russia is better :^)

Caucasus sucks though, should have just given everything to Georgia. Also should have given all of Africa to Belgium for humanitarian reasons

>Jewish europe
>best timeline

I'll allow it, but only because I am too busy forging my Austrian empire to deal with them. His son is literally perfect though.

The pope now controls part of Wales. I have no idea what is going on anymore.

If Christianity was stomped out in the west in the 9th century, centuries later there would still be pagans in Northern Europe and all of Christendom would be under Orthodoxy in the east.

too fucking bad, just annexed Greece

k my laddies

Is there any way to change pops ideology effectively?
I'm trying to rescind voting rights and get to fascism, but I don't want to go through all the bullshit of violent revolution. I tried national focus but it doesn't seem to be a good use of it.

>You will never be the Pirate King of Bermuda
>You will never conquer Hampton Roads, First Coast, and Mobile
>You will never raid the Eastern Seaboard once a month before returning to your tropical paradise and spending the night with your Southron concubines
Why even live?

youtube.com/watch?v=H-bTMbePj0A

>Southron concubines
DELET THIS

I'm trying to [DIXIE] my Kingdom, but the way things are going my grandson is likely going to be an Afro-Inuit

Is it possible lads?

>Mod doesn't work on my version for some reason
Don't rub it in

absolutely white

Yes with cheating and yes after a long time without. Mexican American war is weird because we were going to fully annex them if a lot of politicians got their way, but that's so much infamy and warscore in HPM

I'm trying to play this Ancient Religions mod but blank pop-ups come up when I unpause with no option to get rid of them. Also all other pop-ups are blank.

What do?

I can't remember the exact file name, but save the game (uncompressed) when those come up and then check the list of fired events. It's likely not updated for one of the DLCs you're using.

CK2+ has Ancient Religions 100% incorporated and working for M&M 2.7.X.X, you might want to know.

explain these borders

Well, this is what I get for screwing my cousin I guess. My current heir and the demon spawn are both quick, so I guess it doesn't really matter if this one kills the rest.

Fucking mormons.

Alright, thanks.

Some of the DLC prefixs aren't always straight forward. Reapers Due is "RIP" for example.

youtube.com/watch?v=zd_qC2rmmSU

Autism, ethnical enclaves, unpassable mountains, ancient russian skill of memeing nations into existence.

The problem event seems to be SoA.3081. Which I can't find in any of the Sons of Abraham event files but I did find this thread which says it should be mentioned in sunset_invasion.txt but I couldn't find it there either.

steamcommunity.com/app/203770/discussions/0/133260492058501909/

I need to destroy a secondary kingdom title I accidentally created (literally clicked by accident thinking I was looking at duchy of crimea instead) and is now fucking with my perfectly set up tribal inheritance.

The problem is I'm using CK2+ and as a tribal I can't change out of gavelkind, and becoming feudal is way down the line. I really need to destroy the kingdom of Crimea, is there any console command or combination of that can do it?

Well fuck. The Norse are growing strong. Christianity has almost completely collapsed in western Europe as the now-Jewish Karlings cement their hold, converting almost every duke and count, while the British Isles are being torn apart by infighting and heresy. Muslims have begun the push into southern France, and the Byzantines are near collapse as the Abbasids continue the march towards Constantinople.

This is a world gone mad.

>playing before 1066
Stop.

Map maker had a form of palsy.

no