/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

SPOILERS ONGOING AVOID THREAD IF NOT WANT

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah LoreThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda comics and MangaArt Collection
flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12639661
strawpoll.me/12560399
en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25568
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Loone

Dubious Food Girl is better and funnier

Remember to vote for Urbosa

strawpoll.me/12639661

>Yiga Paya
This is blasphemy of the lowest order

Mipha is best girl.

strawpoll.me/12560399

>over 130 hours put into the game
>only just now beat my second divine beast
Love this game so much, I'm almost scared to try go about finishing it. Knowing there is content for the future is nice, but it's so far away.

nth for random qt NPCs

>tiny number of Rijubros
We in it not to win it.

What should the rewards for clearing the Cave of Trials be?

Here's a fun question.

If you could have a single one of Link's items from any game, in real life and functional like it works in the game, which would you want?

I voted Urbosa but I'm surprised how low Riju is I guess Veeky Forums isn't full of people attracted to kids since Purrah is also very low

The cheerleader outfit from TFH.

One bottled fairy of course

Underrated
Best living girl
Roc's Cape

100 rupees

oh my gosh, speaking about flat

Paya is best girl and was made for tender loving and kisses

>Doesn't want to cuck Roscoe
>wants to instead be cucked by a cooking pot
>(and have a waifu who can't make you meals)

your taste is almost as shit as Dubious Food Girl herself's

>I guess/lozg/ isn't full of people attracted to kids
ftfy

an unbreakable Boko Club

make it a traveler's sword and I'm in.

Got 16700 rupees and no idea what to do with them. I've freed all the great fairies.

As you can see she is but a child

A way to make a single weapon indestructible.

She's cute when she's playing pretend with her stuffed sand-seals.

these threads are fucking cancer

nothing but waifushit and cancer pedo posters

Didn't mean to reply

Guys did a update for Zelda just come out?

You say that as if that isn't 70% of Veeky Forums
That said I come here to discuss the game

you want to discuss the timeline

>Quiver doesn't change with bow
wasted opportunity desu

You're welcome to go back to redit.

>He doesn't want evil Paya lusting for his "mighty banana"

exactly if each sword gets a unique scabbard then each bow should get a unique quiver or you could even buy quivers

I think it'd probably make more sense for it to just match your arrows.

Would protect/10

A sword typically comes with a sheath, it's a package deal. Bows and quivers are usually sold separately. The quiver doesn't change because that's Link's quiver.

that'd make less sense since you change arrows far more frequently than bows

hence why I suggested we can buy quivers. I'd love a Gerudo, Rito or Zora quiver

Wii U version is updating (my 2nd time launching today). Old news? I suppose patch notes are too much to ask for.

>The ancient lance has a telescoping end

>that'd make less sense since you change arrows far more frequently than bows
Why would you have all of your arrows in the same quiver? You should just have 6 quivers.

Riju is my daughteru she is not for lewd.

>Zora quiver
>It's shaped like a fish
>You pull arrows out of it's mouth

Not for lewd but for cuddling and protecting.

Interesting, no prompt for me.

I would support her and encourage her to play and have fun and even help her grow up to become a fine leader so hard.

Enough Riju time for Urbosa

>no unprotected hand holding

Framerate improvements.

the improvements are noticeable. Korok Forest still drops a bit, but it's a lot better than before

>one of the captcha images had a pikachu toy in it
Cute

she spent all that time planting and caring for those flowers
why did you hurt them?

what's the most Veeky Forums armor set?

fucking awesome.

can you take a photo of Ivee for me please?
Soldier's set with amber earrings in purple

Flowers are really nice and cute but they were in the way

n-no homo haha

can anyone help me solve the korok seed puzzle in my friend's bathroom?

I didn't, it was easy to walk around

This is probably now a contrarian opinion considering MM and WW came out over 10 years ago, but I think a lot of the 3D Zelda titles failed to deliver what the 2D titles had established and I think BotW just has the opposite problem.

Zelda is not a particularly story driven series. MM, with its surprisingly good story for the time, kind of set the new standard but it was WW that really codified it. It also made Ganon a character for example rather than just the final boss. And thing is, has that ever been a particularly good thing in terms of gameplay? Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed the plot of WW and TP but from this point in the series up until SS the plot cannibalized the gameplay. This is still one of the huge primary complaints about TP and SS to this very day. The other problem is that Zelda never fully committed to the story driven route so you had this unsatisfying compromise of recycling more than they should or flimsy macguffin stuff that makes certain parts feel like filler from a narrative standpoint. People complain about Ganon being reused or not being like WW's Ganon but no one cares that you fight Dracula in just about every Castlevania. As long as his boss fight was different and fun. Ganon could've been the same way if not for WW. Let's not even get into continuity.

You might prefer it to be more story driven but I don't think it's a strike against it as a Zelda game. If anything it gets marks for remembering it's from a Miyamoto created series that puts gameplay first and just rolling with what it has. This criterion can go either way as a Zelda game.

1/2

>Put small candle in top square
>Put big candle where the small candle was
>receive YAHAHA

And as for dungeons. This is true, but I think people are now so focused on it because the overworlds past WW (and even that was subjective) were honestly not very good. It's arguably just as important as dungeons were but they spent so long failing to deliver that people forgot. I myself almost forgot how much fun and time I used to spend in Zelda overworlds exploring and resource gathering until I played ALBW. I just wish dungeons hadn't been sacrificed but I say that it's just an equivalent exchange as far as 3D Zelda games go. So if we're judging it on the Zelda checklist it passes where the others failed and failed where the others passed.

TL;DR You're entirely correct, but minimal story is also just as much Zelda as something more story driven. Overworld is just as important as dungeons and it merely swapped the problem the previous games had so it balances out.

1. Climbing Gear with Forest Dweller gear or a boomerang
2. Knights Armour with the Circlet of your choice
3. Champions tunic with the earrings of your choice
4. Barbarian set with Lynel head

amidoinitrite?

God damn the Gerudo stuff looks so fucking cool.

I was thinking that too but upon closer inspection it doesn't seem like any of them actually fit in the top square

Hey...where do I go to figure out how to work this thing? I don't have to start the zora domain quest do I?

You need the ceremonial trident to get it to work

you do

talk to the kid zora that's singing that song

What shield is that?

There might be a guy on the bridge directly across from there. If there isn't, go wander around Zora's domain for a while, talk to everybody. One of the little girls will sing a shrine song for you then point you towards the dude you need to see.

It will if you turn on it's side.

*poof*
YAHAHA!

keep playing the game (you need a higher world scale) and it will drop every fucking where

ganon's shield

Any ideas for challenge runs?
I have my main save file going at lol40% completion, but I'm looking to start a new save with some restrictions.
Is there a go-to option? I'm thinking no armor, but is that very mechanically different from three hearts anyway?

Ideas, /lozg/, I need ideas!

Equip the ceremonial spear and paraglide over it. When you're like ten or fifteen feet directly above it, hit attack to stab straight down onto it. If you do it right the shrine will appear.

Royal Shield

work on your all memories/true end% speedrun strats
any% is too tight to break into right now

Neat, it actually is much better, but it's still far from 30 for me. Pic related, it's 1 frame, much gooder than last time.

Hoping for some hard details though, since all google results are about the day 1 patch.

What I'm doing right now is no towers and no shrines. Only activating the fast travel shrines (without actually finishing them) next to towns and stables. I think I've actually discovered much more this way just wandering around without a map.

Here's the patch notes.

BEHOLD! a chicken!

I forgot to mention this is also kind of a test to see if the thing about the monsters levelling up with the number of shrines you do is true. I'm already seeing black bokoblins in the starting area but I actually did two divine beasts so that might have something to do with it.

>the update apparently kills infinite running exploit

someone fucking check this now

top kek. do you have a link? If I had to assume, that just means performance optimization and that's all, no whistle sprinting etc.

>thinking I'm going to update my game and risk losing superclimberlink 3000

en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25568

>patching out speedrun strats
what is this world coming to
are people only going to speedrun the base version now?

any% is still a worthwhile challenge even if you aren't recording it for W O R L D R E C O R D, don't you think?

Especially since it's so streamlined and approachable in this game (mostly intentional), whereas other zelda runs would have you learn sequence breaking strats that cut hours off the run.

Yeah, but if you can't even approach the world record (unless it's RNG bullshit) then it just feels lame, you know?

We had some conclusive proof it's linked to shrines in a past thread, some guy 90 shrines with no divine beasts and had all silvers, up to lynels.

85-90 seems to be the cutoff for silver lynels showing up.

We did the science, but noone ever wrote it into a FAQ pastebin unfortunately.

Whistle sprinting still works on 1.1.1 on Wii U.

and holy FUCK the stable I am at is stable. These all used to drop frames like a stone for me when near/facing/indoors.

Oh thank God...I was scared for a second. Now to update.

Has anyone visited hyrule castle post update or that tower area covered in malice? Those would be a easy test to see if any improvements were made