>1.0.1.4 Log
steamcommunity.com/games/367520/announcements/detail/539709093908052595

Other urls found in this thread:

engiwhereveryouare.tumblr.com/ask
teamcherry.tumblr.com/post/104410038857/elders-dream-well
steamcommunity.com/app/367520/discussions/0/135512931355676619/
youtu.be/iS-v4NMQkBg?t=92
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is everyone in agreement this is the comfiest bench?

I like the crooked one in the Waterways more.

I hate the waterways too much to enjoy that bench

>tfw /slowandsteady/

Oh my

what should I expect?

>no Hiveblood charm
Suicidal ideation

why would i use the hiveblood charm? it's slow

Because there's almost no enemies you can use to fill your Soul in the White Palace. You should at least use the the first Grub charm and the one that doubles your healing.

so the game is ded then?

Probably until the Hornet campaign releases

a single player game cannot die

>tfw you will never get raped by the mantis lords irl

Those aren't Mantis Lords

They're all comfy

That's actually normal. You'd be like +7 hours if you were being slow and steady.

It wasn't intentional, but fucking Leg Eater.

No White Palace benches?

You can't reenter white palace after you complete it.

What a shame.

>Personifying the Little Ghost as some silly asshole who is just out having fun
I like you.
Only complaint if you put the Teacher's mask's eyes WAY too far up.

It's not my art, I'm just posting random stuff I found on tumblr.

You should tell that to engiwhereveryouare.tumblr.com/ask I'm sure they'd appreciate it

I don't use Tumblr. So I suppose this injustice will go on.
Se la vie.

Imagine if they kept the original Dream Nail mechanics
I don't think you need an account to send a message through the 'ask' feature

>screenshot
Wat? Where? How?

teamcherry.tumblr.com/post/104410038857/elders-dream-well

This time for real, hot off the meme presses.

Speaking of memes, please forgive me for this

Yeah, that seems about right

>center shot aims at you
>shot above it almost always gets you off the jump
>the lightning fast "tell"
Fuck these things so much

>tfw a glitch made it so I couldn't get the Pale Ore in Ancient Basin
Fuck. That seems like something that should've been caught in testing, considering you need all 6 Pale Ores to 100% the game.

What glitch?

The Mawlek trap didn't appear, and so the Pale Ore in the Mawlek Nest won't appear for me.

I don't know if killing Lost Kin has anything to do with it, but I'm still mad I can't get the final nail upgrade.

Are you sure you didn't already pick it up?

The ore should be spawned regardless of the existence of the trap. Sounds like you already went through the area and forgot.

Nope. I got exactly enough to get the T3 nail upgrade.

1. From Seer
2. From Hallownest Crown
3. From Nosk
No grubs or Colosseum yet, but I'm still at 0 Pale Ore, and having gone back to the area multiple times, there is still no Pale Ore there. It's getting really obnoxious trekking all the way to Ancient Basin every time I want to check if it respawned yet.

I've Google'd the issue, and it seems other people have had similar problems with that Pale Ore not spawning.

So what was the hardest boss in the game for you?

For me, it was Lost Kin because I didn't yet have the upgraded nail, nor any good badges. I had to grind for hours just to beat him, but it was worth it. To me, it felt like when I first did a sequence breaking run of Super Metroid and killed Phantoon first.

>So what was the hardest boss in the game for you?
Hornet 2, not so much because it's hard but because I was shit at it. Still nowhere near Arena 3 tho.

Probably Battle Obbles wave in the arena with the spike floor (in part due to a lack of double jump because I hate myself and wanted to do it without it to prove it could be done), followed by the ghost of the first boss cause I still had a level 1 nail at that point (came back after upgrading and kicked his ass once I got to level 4), followed by Radiance, followed by the ghost of the Soul Sanctum boss again due to a lack of nail upgrades but IIRC I kicked his ass with only a level 3 nail), followed very distantly by Elder Hu (I was still getting used to the game at this point)
None of the other bosses came close to giving me a problem for any length of time.

I had to know

I was thinking of going to every lifeblood cocoon, but I guess I don't have to now

How did you manage that without getting hit by a cheeky little cunt hiding in some foliage? I got every cocoon besides Greenpath's because of that horseshit.

The only time I got hit was from a roller in the magician's hut because I mistimed a swing. Fortunately I just had to restart my rounds as that was only the second lifeblood spawn I went to.

steamcommunity.com/app/367520/discussions/0/135512931355676619/

Tell your macfag friends.

And I guess anyone you know that uses linux, too.

>Patch Notes:
>- Fixed an issue where dying just as you defeat your Shade could produce some odd results.
>- Fixed an issue where Giant Hoppers ignored damage-over-time effects such as spores.
>- Fixed soft-lock issue that could occur before fighting Broken Vessel.
>- Improved hitbox on Broken Vessel projectiles (don’t worry, we made them more lenient).
>- Fixed issue where a lift could stretch out player’s x-scale temporarily.
>- Fixed issue where player couldn’t pause during first fight with a late-game boss
>- Fixed Grub Mimic persistence issue.
>- Fixed issue with Shade spawning underground in a certain area
>- Fixed an NPC name display bug
>- Fixed an issue with Vengeful Spirit dissipating incorrectly
>- Fixed an issue where a blank dialogue could cause a soft-lock
>- Fixed an issue where Flukemarm was invulnerable to Scream spell
>- Fixed an enemy damage effect display issue
>- Improved recycling system for certain effect objects
>- Minor map fixes
>- Additional sound improvements
>- Minor Game Text fixes

>Still no fix for the Pale Ore glitch
FUCK ME

>- Fixed issue with Shade spawning underground in a certain area
If this includes the Ancient Basin, it may become possible to make the triple jump up to the final grub using Shade pogos instead of needing double jump.

I'll need to revise this pic.

Can confirm that if the new shade spawn is anywhere near the jump spots at the base of this area, you can do the rest of the jumps to the grub without double jump.

Third Arena round is fucking infuriating. Made it to the boss three times but died almost 15 times on the wall jumping spiky floor part getting there.

Any tips for the boss so that when I do reach her I can finally finish this shit and get 100%?

>Any tips for the boss so that when I do reach her I can finally finish this shit and get 100%?
You can literally facetank the mount and the tamer dies instantly when it dies. Just go in with full health and max level sword with quick slash and keep attacking.

You died because you tried to get fancy.

Got the tamer on her knee with one mask left and died when I thought I had to finish her off.

Thanks for the tip user. I'll keep trying.

If it makes you feel any better, it's a common mistake. As brutal as the rest of the Colosseum is, most people don't think "I can just out DPS it" when it comes to the final boss.

But yeah, it's actually the easiest round because you can just attack with no consequences.

Fuck the Battle Obble wave for the spiked floor section though. Fuck it with a rake.

The most frustrating thing about it is the lead up to this round. I've practiced enough to make the rounds before it almost trivial. They're becoming tedious now.

That being said, I don't see myself ever completing a Steel Soul run, let alone a 100% one.

Has anyone here completed it? It just seems insane to me.

how did you get 50k geos? I think I had just above 10k at 100%

A web comic of Hollow Knight would be awesome.

Spikes, but you should be used to that.

you probably need more invulnerability charm to facetank though

can't decide between this one and the one with the thicc fangirl

>Imagine if they kept the original Dream Nail mechanics
and what was that?

Is this snail in the final game?

youtu.be/iS-v4NMQkBg?t=92

the snail is at 1 min 30 sec btw

>tfw you finished the whole game and never met any snail
Fucking hell this game

From what I remember it was a kind of Psychonauts like diving into folks inner worlds or something.

Oh that would have been way cooler

Oh it would have been awesome as all get out. Think about what a fight with Zote the Mighty would look like IN HIS MIND where he is as great as he likes to say he is.

From one the first videos of Hollow Knight ~ 2 years ago

I have to say to really improved how it looked. In this picture the background looks really flat and have no variation.

>mfw

Wow nice spoilers.

Anyway: how the FUCK do I kill this fucking Lost Kin motherfucker?

>Se la vie.
that's not

how many upgrades do you have? beating him with maxed up upgrades is pretty easy

>NL finds the dreamer shrine

>Thinks he`s almost done with the game

>There used to be a branching path down to the 2nd horizontal path just to the left of well entrance
>The room where you meet Cornifer didn't exist
>There used to be no Shaman hut
Jesus Christ.

The layout are actually very similar to release version but everything looks the same so it's hard to tell which place is which

I just used Fragile Strenght, Fragile Heart and Joni's Blessing.
With fully upgraded Sword you can easily just kill it before it kills you, I know, it's a shitter strat.

Stalwart Shell (or shield or whatever the fuck), quick slash and upgraded nail.
He's one of the few bosses in the game you can reliably out DPS

What's his endgame, /hkg/?

Any recommendations on how to do the sub 20 hours 100% run?

Should I just get abilities>kill Dreamers>clean up every area?
Anything I should prioritize?

If you know where everything is and play well enough (meaning not dying too much), it shouldn't be a challenge. Maybe try getting upgraded sword early so everything is easier I guess.

The passing of the age. Nothing will remain except Mr. Mushroom.

>get to the Beast's Lair
>prepare for a boss battle with a humongous spider
>she's qt and doesn't even fight back
wtf I feel bad now. Is Hornet her daughter?

I finished the game with 42k geo from dicking around and bumped it up to 50k with a few arena fights to have a nice round number for a recording I made to make my desktop.

The wizards are snails, m8.

No, but there is a giant slug

>Anyway: how the FUCK do I kill this fucking Lost Kin motherfucker?
Install the nerf patch

Don't you remember? He's going to finish the game in under 20 hours.

>Is Hornet her daughter?
Yes.

Has anyone found any batshit secrets they don't think others would have?

How can a spider give birth to a hornet tho?

Wyrm power

I dont think the name "Hornet" is meant to be taken literally. It's probably just refering to her light, agile build and needle (as if used to sting).

Twice upgraded nail (it's channelled), a couple of extra masks and a couple of extra soul things.
But I don't wanna risk them.
How upgraded, exactly?

Herrah is actually barren.

You can always repair them at the same bug that sells them indefinitely, you shouldn't die anyway with all the hp you will have.

fragile charms doesn't break in dreams

Wait what? All right, I'll try it out then
>you shouldn't die anyway
You underestimate me.

Yes they don't break in dreams and you can repair them for like half the price if you break them in the normal world.

Man this is just like that fucking flower all over again.

>Herrah is actually barren
>barren
>mother of all spiders
pick one and only one

On a related note, are there more mushroom lore points that I missed?

Did they ever explain how the "protagonist" starts on the Howling Cliffs and not The Abyss?

It's heavily implied you just crawled out and had adventures elsewhere. Your nail is worn as shit when you come back and it's referenced a couple times that you've been elsewhere. You wouldn't be the first to crawl out of its own volition. Broken Vessel did too, albeit much later than you and it died immediately.

As for why, since your existence should be devoted entirely to sealing/killing Radiance. Lol, dunno.

Where's the "Goam" enemy located

It's either bottom of Deepnest in the room with the shadow gate behind a wall you can walk through or beneath a breakable floor to the right of the entrance into the Fungal Wastes from the Abandoned Crossroads. I don't remember which burrowing enemy it is.

It's in a breakable floor groing from Crossroad to Fungal Wastes.

You need the ability from Soul Master