Are Harley's just for old fat greasy white guys or can anyone ride them? I really want to buy a Harley...

Are Harley's just for old fat greasy white guys or can anyone ride them? I really want to buy a Harley, but I don't want the stigma that comes with them. What do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oFIXA6OY1hQ
youtube.com/watch?v=KuuK0uf7T0w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>I don't want the stigma that comes with them. What do
Jap cruiser
Cheaper and better than harleys

Get an Indian

Kawasaki or Triumph. Not as big and comfy, but more reliable, less 'traditional' components that grenade themselves.

> OP pic
> Captcha: Freeway Entrance
That wasn't an entrance, captcha...

If you want a chopper, get a Japanese bike (this goes for any bike you may want to buy).

Harleys are just a big name that inflates the price of a mediocre bike that got stuck in the past (in a bad way).

Honda VTX. Better power than most of the HD, and the prices aren't as retarded.

NO YOU ARNT ALLOWED TO RIDE A HARLEY UNLESS YOU ARE WHITE, OVERWEIGHT, AND MIDDLE AGED

Check out the Yamaha Bolt, thing is mad comfy and looks neat. Would prolly cop one if i was a cruiser guy.

The Mongols would like to have a word with you.

Do you live near, or expect to ride with, assholes who enforce stereotypes? If not, you're fine. If so, you're fucked, in so many ways. Minneapolis here, everyone is welcome on a Harley.

my nigga

>t. someone with no experience with Indian motorcycles
I appreciate their attempts at trying to give Harley a run for their money but their quality is garbage

Don't listen to anyone here, normies will call Japanese cruisers Harley as well. If you want the V-twin brap without the stigma, get a Goose.

youtube.com/watch?v=oFIXA6OY1hQ

youtube.com/watch?v=KuuK0uf7T0w

buy a cruser that isnt a harley or move out of america

They actually build a cruiser hybrid kinda bike as well.

Not a fan of the tassels
But user, I own an Indian.

get one that isnt black
get a nice non agressive colour and dont wear generic black leathers with a logo on the back
and stay away from the steryotypical harley riders as they will call you a poser or some shit

just dont look like one of those wannabe bikergang retards and people will treat you like any other rider

Just get naked bike.

If you need a v-twin buy a Ducati.

if you are young and on a harley I assume you are either:

>masculine Trump voter with blue collar job that gives you lots of disposable income because you didn't go to ((((college))))
>autistic

>Ducati
Lol even shittier reliability than Harley

Apart from the engine layout Harleys and Ducatis have nothing in common. One builds cruisers and the other builds superbikes and naked bikes.

there's plenty of other options

I don't really get cruisers anyway. Just buy a naked sportbike and have actual fun.

T120 Master race. You'll never own one so existence will be nothing but searing pain. KYS

dream bike

Cool story

>just buy a naked organdonorbike and become an organ donor

Scout>sportster

Real men would also buy this. Probably one of the best overall uses of metal, polymer and rubber ever devised.

if anything this should be encouraged. it's saving more valuable lives.

'80 T140 owner here.

New Bonnevilles are weird imho. They look the same, but the frame and wheelbase actually quite a bit larger. And the faux carbs and cylinder heads, why even bother?

I'd take a modern Guzzi V7 over a modern triumph any day.

Buy a Japanese cruiser op.
t. 1978 Yamaha XS400 owner
Carbs are goat.
Half baffles are louder than any Harley. (this kills the Harley rider)
Bike has broken down on me a couple times due to electrical grimlins. (it turns 40 next year after all) But always made it back home. One time just on one cylinder. And it was always near or because of the fuse box. Switch out to a sealed blade fuse box and you'll be good.

OP here. Actually I'm of Chinese descent and and I live in Canada and I voted Liberal party (our Democrats) and I have a degree and I am an accountant and my car is a VW Golf R....soooo, I guess you're wrong.

OP here. This was originally the one I was looking at buying but when I went to sit on one at the dealership, the sales person commented that it might be too small for me (I'm 6'0") and recommended I go up to the Dyna. Thing is, the Dyna is $15,999 in Canada and the $10,999 for the Sportster 883 was already pushing my budget...

These damn things are so fucking expensive.

>over $2000 more
>not as aesthetic
>assuming i want 1130 cc instead of 883 cc

lol im 6'4 i would still consider buying this bike

This is my dream bike. I will own one one day

They still carry the same stigma. To non-riders, every cruiser is a Harley.

>chink riding a Harley

stick to your Haldex Golf my friend

>masculine Trump voter with blue collar job that gives you lots of disposable income because you didn't go to ((((college))))
>autistic
>chink riding a Harley
>stick to your Haldex Golf my friend
wew lad

I'm not the first guy you quoted and don't ever wew me or my lad again

>air cooled
>less than 1000cc v twin

Get better taste friendo

What's wrong with not going to college and making money?

Student loan fags are jealous because all of the money you're making is going towards cool shit you want like bikes, while they're making payments they can't afford to pay off loans.

>kek

No, I'm a 23 year old programmer and I daily an 883 sportster. Fuck what anyone thinks, if you want to ride a Harley, ride a Harley.

Buying a Harley is like buying a Rolex. All the wrong people will think you're cool.

Fat, slow, underpowered, shit handling, shit brakes, no cornering clearance.....why do you want one?

Has their marketing machine found another sucker?

Jap cruisers have more stigma than Harleys.

You forgot about the disgusting bitch sitting on the back.

Did they stop making the Cali Vintage?

I've got a '54 T110, thing runs real nice and didn't cost that much

Don't rev like a dick head at lights
Dont ride some dealership kitted out entry level shitbox
Dont open the throttle and hope everyone is watching you when riding past a group of people etc
Dont dress like a hipster, don't wear Harley merchandise, don't be a sons of anarchy wannabe faggot

You should be good to ride a Harley without being labeled a faggot

>well my bike from the worst era of triumph
The carbs are only fake post 08