World of Warships General /wowsg/

cool edition

*****NEW TO THE GAME?*****
Tell us your server and get a referral code from a fellow /wowsg/ to get extra bonus credits/flags/XP and two free premium ships (one instantly, one after you research a T6 ship).

>Newb guide
pastebin.com/XGWdGjPc (embed) (embed)

>0.6.3 Public Test
worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/public-test-063-key-feature/

>Plans for 2017
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/whatsinthebox/

>Captain Skill caculator
shipcomrade.com/captcalc

>Statistic tracker
warships.today
wows-numbers.com/
wowstats.org/
maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/index.html

>In-game chat channel:
NA Channel: Search for 'Veeky Forums' channel
EU Channel: "Official Veeky Forums channel"
SEA Channel: Veeky Forums

>Clans
[HOTEL] on EU - raptor
[BOTES] on SEA - contact raptor
[BOTES] on NA (full) or [HOTEL] on NA - contact raptor

Previous thread:

first for fuck stealth firing

Yamato or Des Moines for my next t10?

Why the hell do the shells of the North Cal do so much damage.
Even when I'm heavily angled.

>just got the St Louis B hull
>suddenly I'm wrecking face
Holy shit this is awesome

someone pls make a not shitposting OP

>tfw you match with Veeky Forums in random and you get ignored

>Animu in my realistic navel warfare simulator

REEEE

>Complaining about anime
>In wows thread
>On Veeky Forums

>Realistic
okay m8

Good work on the OP Tioga

How many more generals will you infect?

>OP completely unrelated to the thread it's supposed to be about just to shitpost

:(

Which tech tree should I be going down? Am I going to regret pushing towards iowa/Missouri?

Also which destroyers are the best

*montana

>No one makes new thread
>Shitposter sits at computer giggling

US BB line is pretty comfy, just know you have to go to bow on tactics when you reach T8 and you'll be fine. She might not be the best but I have a bit of fun with my Montana.

>ywn flood Hotel womb

why even live

KM CAs ARE GOOD!

Post when you get a 200k+ game.

Wtf kind of file name is that

with WG adding absolute shit to the super crates, little reason to try your luck.

>no QT Hotel_a_QT gf

Go to bow on tactics?

>French Bb line still not released

Never show your sides on the NC, Iowa/Missouri, or Montana. You will be punished by multiple cit pens from the enemy if you do.

>watching intro video
>qt Nagato gets mobbed by a Balti, a Somers, a Gearing, and a gaggle of Bensons/Fletchers
>she still manages to take a Balti and Benson down with her
天皇陛下万歳!!!

>Bb

You're slipping, user

Gotcha. Why isn't advice like this in the pastebin

Also how damaging is a cit pen (which I assume is an ap shell through the citadel plate) compared to standard he shells?

>Bb
user are you alright

How do I citadel german BBs? :(((

t. Amagi

Got a Fuso

citpens do max damage that the shells can do, other regular AP or HE pens only do a fraction.
whatever the listed damage on the shells are in the port, that's their citpen damage.

Who cares? Just fucking shoot them for 12k in their belts.

I'm tired and the French CAs being shit has damaged my morale.

Hang in there user, just a little while longer until more of this.

Soon it'll finally be over.

Sweet. Thanks.

>We are still months if not years away from a full British, Russian, German and Italian line

>we are still months if not years away from a finished American or Japanese tree

>we are still months if not years away from Japanese destroyer buffs

>Those would only happen after months if not years of Japanese Destroyer nerfs

No, the Americans have high tier DD, CA, BB and CV and multiple fucking premiums

They are deliberatly spacing out releasing content to extend the life of the game and community

Surely you have other things in your life besides Wows. Surely you are a adult and thus know patience.

>Russian

why would anyone be upset about not having this

Mato for better chance to win. Des Moin if you like better RPM.

So I can drown communists obviously

I need to give this a try. If it means I can more reliably citadel the german BB's then fuck yeah

superheavy AP

Angling in NC is a viable tactic though, since her armor is rather good and doenst have the retarded citadel that Montana and Iowa have. Though thats getting fixed next patch

USN shells are Magical™

Whats captain skills should I choose for the Khabab?

Theres nothing magical about obesity.

How did you get to Khabab and not figure this out

it doesn't matter she's turbocancer no matter what you pick

Their AP is so fat, they're guaranteed to deliver Freedom in one way or another

I had the Khabab before the big captain skill changes when things were different

I'd say 4x3 before the steaklth firing nerf but now I dont know.

Why is this patch so bugged to high fucking heaven?

>tfw no qt hotel gf

balans ))))))))))))))

Because despite what WG says, stealthfiring was an integral part of the game. Removing it fucked up plenty of other things.

Overpenetration does 10% damage, regular pen does 33%, citadel pen does 100%.

Imagine that, WG was fucking lying when they claimed that stealthfire was something that only happened by accident and not something they ever factored into balancing ships.

yeah so that CV nerf was great. they might as well just delete the class now because no one new to CVs is going to grind through the introductory shitfest.

yeah stealth firing was the entire point of Grem for example.

aw you poor sealclubbing CVnt what ever will you do now that you need to get a little bit better at being a sack of sub human shit?

Working as intended.

Can't sealclub in CVs if nobody plays CVs.

Plunging fire meme

The CV nerf literally removed all skill from playing them.

you sound like ur about to cry dude wtf

You sound like you're a sub-retard Mongoloid.

lmao r u seriously crying hahaha wtf dude

stealth fire nerf is stupid!

>in WoT, you have to remember weakspots for tanks
>in WoWS, you have to remember which ships have what consumables
Which do you hate more?

>having your strategy focus so much on stealth firing that the removal of it affects you

Is the Okhotnik a good meme boat?

>in WoWS, you have to remember which ships have what consumables
but that's easy as fuck

>when your team says "B/C"

for one, it deleted skill from them entirely, which is a sign of developer incompetence. it isn't my fault I know how to use game mechanics to their fullest. its not like getting the hang of CVs before the nerf was hard or something, its a different skillset from the rest of the game but it was interesting.

second, maybe I never actually got through tier 4 because this game has a grind cliff steeper than world of tanks.

I'd say it's more about remembering different leads and shell flight times and how maneuverable ships are, if you want some kind of better comparison.

>People thinking French CAs will be shit
Almost like we've gotten what was tested for the last few patches.

fuck off

>when your team has 4 neurons to rub between the lot of them

This is normal occurrence on that map. Your team will all go into A while the enemies flank from B/C and shoot your retards from both sides.

>he thinks he was talking to the same person
>assuming Veeky Forums users are a monolith
I don't know where you are from or what lead you to believe everyone is the same, but you should probably just kill yourself.

I hate both. Why I updated WoWS and played it for more than an hour is beyond me. WarGaming has fucked up balance for both their games, and did it with WoWS in record time.
I'm gonna look up some population graphs for WoWS. I'm curious if people are abandoning their sinking ship
there's no point checking for WoT because it has literally millions of players in slavland.

German DDs were shit, so it's not outside the realm of possibility.

At least theyre good looking tho

>IJN split was shit
>Russian DD split was shit
>German DDs were shit
>British Cruisers were largely shit
I'm sensing a theme.

dude get a fucking tissue box lmoa

>>British Cruisers were largely shit
I like to pretend that RN CL T1-T5 never existed

I would love to be a Shimakaze and just unleash torps in that and get solo warrior.

It's all according to WG's plan. Whenever they introduce Russian BBs, they will be the first good (read: OP) line in a long time, so they will be welcome gladly without any complains, which WG will use as a excuse to keep them at the top of the food chain.

>They're balanced, their niche is being superior to every other ship. They have bad secondaries so they're balanced ))))))

They said they downplay lines to prevent people from free xping to tier x.

>>IJN split was shit
duck is still good, you just have to stack up on T3 skills.
>>Russian DD split was shit
b-but bias
>>German DDs were shit
Yeah
>>British Cruisers were largely shit
The T7-10 are all good so yeah youre not wrong

Why wouldnt they want people free xping to TX?
The cash needed for that free xp has to be a huge amount of revenue for them

If their business model is anything liek WoT then premium time is by far their biggest source of cash.

People like to think its premium botes and other things you can get with shekels because those are much more visible to you and me. but once you buy a bote it stays in your port and never expires.

IJN torpbote line is great too.

>great
>too

This implies that the """"""""""gunbote""""""""""" line is good when ducky is the only good part about it(and the only gunbote in it), and that the torpbote line is, well, good. It's not. Torpbotes are unreliable turds. The guns are slow firing and not a good source of primary damage. Also a lot of the line is surprisingly slow.

Exactly. Think how many bought that year of premium. I bet more than Tirpitz or Scharn combined