/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

RINGED CITY IS OUT, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED, STAY AWAY WHILE YOU PLAY IT BY YOURSELF

>Didn't buy the Ladder Miniature in time:
>Ringed City items checklist (if you find an error, please reply and correct):
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>1.11 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839063734797566

>1.12 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839596812166515

>Ringed City DLC stuff
pastebin.com/4mUsZWmv

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

>Everyone who says TRC is bad seems to have a massive hateboner for the game in general and makes comparisons to DS2 while saying that it retains none of the elements from Bloodborne.

It... really makes me think.

This thread is now blessed by Gravelord Nito and the Pardoners of Velka.

In a choice between Sirris, Irina and Karla, which would be the best buttplug for Midir?

pcfcbf

Reminder that Midir is for hug only, not fug, lay, slay, etc.

Having fun in the group arena just spaming projectile heal and bountiful sunlight

>every DLC weapon is fucking bonkers

Well PvP is ruined for a month

What the literal fuck.

Why are these DLC bosses so hard?

I gave up trying to beat Midir and now theres this fucking Gael cuck

Please tell me they wont give me as much trouble as Friede? It literally took me 8 hours to beat her

HOW THE FUCK CAN I BEAT ORPHAN OF KOS ON MY SECOND TRY WITH NO PRIOR KNOWLEDGE BUT THESE FUCKS GIVE ME SO MUCH TROUBLE

Sirris deserves it most because shes shit and worst waifu and not good for anything else
Irina did nothing wrong dont torment her
Karla would resist the dark so be good at the job, but she doesnt deserve it either
So Sirris

>summoning a pyromancer for Midir
fuck sake I don't have lightning equipped

Thank you, it's exactly what I wanted. How shit is my fashion?

Orphan fucks with people who are good at the game because his attacks go into the places that are usually good ideas to dodge into.

You obviously are not good at games.

Where?

Why not Yuria?
If she loves the dark so much she should relish the opportunity of getting some anal vore action with a giant Abyss-corrupted dragon.

As a fellow Aquamarine enthusiast, why are you not twohanding that baby?

Say I was the most absolute of absolute mad men, the most purple of spirits and I wanted to primarily use a Bow to do a playthrough.

What would I be best with?

>Everyone who invades me as a Spear is using absolute cancer builds and the painting guardians act even worse

Fuck this game

Neigh!

(Preacher mask is pretty much Ludwig's face except for not being elongated. It's quite funny.)

hammer is best.

Seriously, can you improve an anvil on a stick? sure you can, but having it suck up rocks that friggin explode.

Shit's bananas and loving every friggin second, dont give a damn if it's not the new memesword, hyper armor battles are the new hotness

good luck
but hole

Equip all clutch rings. Run straight for Midir and do the Rejoice gesture as you get one shot by a claw/tail. Strike fear into the eyes into the fool of a host that summoned you.

Good point, she deserves it even more than Ciaran.

I figured it doesn't get much out of it considering the dex/int scaling but what do I know?

Irina so she woulf have someone always touching her

it's actually really bad
splitleaf greatsword r1 true combos into the weapon art - the full thing, including last hit, unlike black knight glaive (although the timing is slightly tighter)

ringed knight straightsword is fuckhuge and its weapon art makes it fuckhuger

ringed knight paired greatswords literally does 90% per combo and has hyper armor for 30 years at a time

frayed blade weapon art r1 is the best whiff punish in dark souls history outside of roll bs in das1

I mean damn dude

>lorefags debating over a game that doesn't give a fuck about them

It's E scaling Str, why would you want to two-hand it?

It gets a whopping 3 damage on my setup. Do what you want.

>summoning a pyromancer for Midir who put his sign down in front of the Spears bossfog

>expecting me to go through the potential 45 minutes of a complete clusterfuck that is a three summon powered Midir

People are fucking desperate about killing this boss. Guess they want the "heh nothing personal" katana they saw on the wiki.

Its pretty ironic because he's 10 times easier when solo'ed.

Dark Souls 3 is bad because many things are entirely useless and the things from BB they kept, such as encouraging fast paced PvP, simply doesn't work.

The DLC is bad because the level design is mediocre at best, the bosses sans Midir are rehashes of old designs done in ways that don't feel as good, everything becomes ludicrously tanky at higher NG+ cycles to the point where it isn't about skill and instead just becomes a slog fest, the angel areas are obnoxious as fuck and serve no real purpose other than extending playtime, and almost all of the lore is nonsensical.

/rant

composite bow

Can we get a ps4 fc going??

Hows yorkshas compared to fillanore's catalyst? Is there a way to use both

I'm tempted but I need a ring slot open for reversal ring. might fill the other slots and do it though
it's not weird I swear

>second phase of demon buttbuddies
>summons small galaxy above his head and throws it at me
>instantly incinerated
explain this meme

One retard made some unfavourable comparisons to DaS2, iirc.
This after a half-dozen /v/irgins came in with their objectively tru ranking lists in which every one put DaS2 at the bottom.
My take on all this? Bored kids from /v/ trying to stir shit up. It's entirely possible you're one of them, considering you made sure the very first post in the thread was dedicated to starting it all again, paired with a shitty meme.

Aldia big sun fireball all over again, son.

Stay in front of Midir; his swipes, charge and large one handed bash can be avoided, and you can then hit him in the nose. When he rears up to drop fire on you, just run away from him.

He's literally one of the easier bosses when you figure out his patterns.

Gael is just a dodging and endurance test. Nothing will 1 shot you, and only do more than 1 swing when you stagger him (some hits stagger him for some reason). He's probably the hardest Soulsborne boss, though.

I forgot about calamity

Pic related

sure

you got fucking dunked kid that's the explanation

>PvE babbies getting assblasted by the Spear fight
just as it should be

it's a meme. not a lot to say about it. When I beat demon nigs he literally never did that attack so that was nice

Sounds like dragons dogma undead dragon fight or what he was called.

can that thing headshot?

>ringed knight paired greatswords
Can they be parried?

>Gael
>Hardest Soulsborne

Not even close. He is fucking easy as sin to dodge, the fight just takes a while because he got the same HP treatment the rest of the DLC did.

>He's probably the hardest Soulsborne boss, though

Gael wasn't a pushover, and i died quite a few times, but calling him the hardest boss is a bit much.

>just wanna protect the princess as a painting guardian who serioused the fuck up
>the covenant never summons me, and even if I hide my red sign somewhere random scrubs keep using it for some reason
>none of them are even fun to fight
What's the strategy/level for fastest summoning?

>That demon sure is taking its time crafting literally a small sun above his head, I wonder if I should do something about it
>nah

>the bosses sans Midir are rehashes of old designs done in ways that don't feel as good
Gael felt better than Arty and Orphan.
Maybe that's just because it wasn't spoiled for me, I only played AotA last year and TOH months after release.

Are Yorshka's Spear and The Eleonora still shit, or did that last patch make them at least usable?

mystery to me, I haven't managed it but I'm ass so that's not saying much.

Why is no one using the banner?

Am i only allowed to hit this gay dragon once? Everytime i go for a 2nd hit he swipes me.

fillanores is one of the weaker chimes, it just has the unique affect of increasing the range of all aoe miracles and the healing art stays even if you switch out but only heals 4 instead of 6, also heals others too.
Generally a co op chime

I don't have that
I could equip skull ring and get naked though

Go fuck yourself I like PvP but I hate these cancer cheese builds.

Welcome to The Ringed City. Dodge a lot and swing very little. Your damage is close to nothing no matter what.

To be honest i completely forgot about it, considering some of the ridiculous dlc weapons

Friede is far more fair than either of those bosses
Gael is a Bloodborne style boss where his HP is inflated under the assumption that you will find abusive blindspots in his attack coverage that allow you to mindlessly mash R1 while his attacks flail and miss entirely. He melts quickly if you have something with a spammable R1 and can find those openings regularly, especially in his second and 3rd phases where he's very weak to being strafed.

>Doing faith build
>Reach Nameless King
>Have to drop all of my miracles and start body buffing the shit out of myself to even compete with NK
Damn his massive lightning resistance

How the FUCK do you fight people using these fucking doors?

Whats the earliest you can get this?

Shut it.

The doors, i mean.

Just got summoned as a spear boss with a sunbro sign down. Not in the covenant, haven't even killed Midir on this guy. Is that supposed to happen?

Iunno but I lost to it so

One boss into ringed city DLC. So basically, here's the bosses you need to kill minimum:
1. gundyr
2. vordt
3. crystal sage
4. friede
5. dlc demons

Put in in the left hand, use buff. Can even resin the main weapon that way. Got to 900AR with the Exile Curved Sword while one handed.

>just run away from him.
Run under his legs to his tail, you can get a couple hundred damage on it while he breathes, and then if he does the casual turn around animation another few hundred on his head before he starts another attack

>reach CoTD
>beat most of of painted world
>beat some of the ringed city
late

Is there a way to get its larger radius heals while using a higher healing catalyst like yorkshas?

Literally the very farthest point in the game you can possibly go, nigger

Just switched from console to PC and was wondering if someone could do a fashion mock up.

Pyromancer Crown
Follower Armor
Desert Pyromancer Gloves
Cleric Trousers

I'd do it myself but I'm nowhere near any of the DLC.

a bunch of wights

I meant fighting against it

Straight sword will give you 3 and then a roll

GS is probably 1 and a roll, yeah.

Did you have Rosaria's covenant equiped?

It also happened to me when I put a white sign down in the DLC.

What are the viable weapons for a pure Faith build?

Use Dark weapon, Wonirs sword, or GNAW.

This DLC is plagued with enemies with way too much health and defense, before everyone gets all anal and starts saying "Its just difficult gut gud stop being a fag", its just bad from a design standpoint, especially if you're a caster; you already sacfrice a shitload of healing just be able to pump out spells for a fight, when they're doing less damage then an UGS who has all his normal estus usages, it becomes just plain dumb

in addition, for the enemies I do actually do good against, Harald's are still poorly designed; their massive health pool is dumb, because all it does is leave you with an extremely prolonged mob fight against a mob that only has like two attacks

Endurance is not good game design, making shorter fights more difficult and deadly is far more appealing in terms of fun and is far less frustrating/unappealing to the user

If you think tacking on a lot of HP or defense to a boss or mob makes the game ore difficult you'd be correct, but it doesn't make it the fun kind of difficult

I had mixed results when running behind him, sometimes the fire would catch me.

It's easier to avoid the fire if you run away from him(the direction he's facing) but of course you won't get the tail damage.

iunno but I lost to it so

I also beat someone using it once but he might've been bad

>invading at just the right time to watch a dragon fuck up two phantoms
feels good

I got ur viable faith weapon right here
*unzips*

Bleed nigga bleed. Why do you faith autist forget that you jave a spell that causes bleed?

You also have a buff that adds 7.5% bonus ar. Might be shit on a katana but it's massive on an ultra.

Is there anything more satisfying than slowly and steadily dismantling a three-man party on the Spear of the Church fight
Should I feel bad about using Undead Hunter Charms

Anyone else not able to see anyone's names?

Anyone on PC willing to help me transfer a life ring +3? I can offer basically any ring other than the dlc +3 rings and most boss weapons

I died to him the most out of all of them, which is why I figure he's the hardest. ~15 times.

Orphan NG+ was a lot easier for me.

Friede was too easy to stagger.

Nothing from 1 or 2 compares to these.

>Repeating Crossbow
Did I get swindled?

This is almost what I wore for DLC 1, just with Cornyx's Wraps and Ordained Trousers.

It looks fine.

>started new playthrough after beating DLC
>am now on NG+7
>get to AoA
>reach Lady Alfredo in about 15 minutes
>summon some guy that was there because I'm just there for the slabs
>he's got the new twin grea swords
>I've got the new greatswords
>we bully Freide so hard that the entire fight is done in 4 minutes
>mfw all that and now there's a bonfire to Dreg Heap after her fight in front of the serpent statue

>Make a new SL120 character
>Female sunbro pyro "IKillMidir"
>Equip Calamity ring + Bloodring + 2 Clutch Rings
>Cosplay as Zoey with flame + whip
>Place sign near boss zone
>Rejoice at summon, REJOICE at Midir entrance, die to very first attack in a single hit
It's even better than spears. Increase the dragon of 999999999HP to even higher HP and keep noobs from progressing to weeb blade.

Faith, Int, or Pyro?

Raw weapons with a buff.

Corvian Greatknife and Astora Straight Sword have good base damage, add in DMB or LB.

how come sometimes you get 2 spear ornaments?

Sure
Come put your sign before the Judicator door
Pass dsg
If you've got Gael's crossbow that would be swell

Based on the number of phantoms the host has I believe