/tfg/ - Titanfall General

/a/ Edition

The free trial weekend is underway and runs through 4/3! Come check out the game and see if it's for you. Check FNN 11 for more details.

>Lore, lewds & more
tfgeneral.com

>/tfg/-created Helpful Videos & Tutorials and Mods
pastebin.com/7U6BiSkn
syampuuh.github.io/mods

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral
>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/445674/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' will bring it up in game for PS4; for pc you have to join using the link and xbone you need to request entry in the thread.

>News
>Frontier News Network 11
titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-11/
>Colony Reborn Patch Notes
forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/11482/colony-reborn-the-patch-notes

>Doomed Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=4i5WHLFOGfc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Second for Scorch is MY waifu, not yours.

this kemono-op is good, thank you whoever did this

reposting big leaks

TL;DR:
>monarch, a vanguard class titan that can upgrade itself in the field, probably for...
>frontier defense, returning and mostly the same as in titanfall 1, but introducing...
>tactical path leveling, a moba-styled level system exclusive to the mode where you pick a tactical and unlock upgrades to it over time
>communication wheel for objectives and emotes

y'all really burn through these threads.

no, it's very definitely a proper sword. there has been a weapon file for a pilot sword for a while that has received modifications with the patch to accommodate the FD version.
this game's silly, but it's not so silly that you're going to be blocking bullets and lasers with a kunai, that would just look plain stupid.

Punching out cap'n!

rip my weeb mod

There's at least two separate TOP_10_ANIME_BATTLES.webm clips around here somewhere.

>in tfg
>don't know how to go fast
feels bad man. I know the theory and all, but every time I try to bunny hop or something my dude just decides to stop running. Or it's just some stupid rapid deceleration bullshit.

SHAME THEM!

EJECT THEM!

Beaten by frothy and a RDDT. Wew. Lad.

Make sure to reinforce that theory. Get a running jump, hold crouch, don't push forward, and immediately jump when you hit the ground. If you're still holding forward, slidehopping won't work.

what the fuck is it with respawn and bikes?

You got beaten by the actual Frothy

lol

>If you're still holding forward, slidehopping won't work
shit, really? That's really fucking stupid

thank you for reminding me i need to fix that

It's from SaltyOmen's latest video. He played against a stack of bad /tfg/ Europoors and won. Featuring "I'm supposed to be at work" and Smart Pistol bitching.

who here already bought Diaper?

tell me about frothycum. Why does he bitch about the game so much?

They're prototyping how Titanfall 3 will look, but doing it with a live playerbase of a dead game.

Hey ps4 goys, I have this so you know I wasn't bullshitting my ping issues: m.youtube.com/watch?v=4i5WHLFOGfc

>supporting devs who dont give a shit about their game

I've never seen any of those players in my life
Is that the other [tfg]?

FUUCC

Y-YAMEROOOOOOO!

Ok what is this gay shit?

>also SMR in coil

Coliseum now has nine different ending poses.

They're Europoors
there are some domination ones and then there's like 3 friendly ones.

can hardly blame them if its PvP. also the stacks im in lose all the time cause we're fucking around

lol

well at least it'll make the new players feel less bad when they get it up the ass in coliseum

I wonder if its random?
or depend on how each round go?

Apparently, spectres can carry batteries in campaign; I just saw that for the first time just now

As far as I've been able to tell in my Coliseum rounds today, completely random.

>tfw able to win a lot with Softball
>losing coliseum like half of the time with this

Gotta go fast, friend. Speed is life.

Flight Core changes
>Duration halved, but rockets deal more damage and fire much faster
>Does the noise Viper makes and has a little pause before you delete somebody to give them time to write their wills
>Rockets gain very slight tracking
>Rockets don't act retarded and bounce off in random directions

Y/N?

It fills me with joy to taketh the satisfaction away from grapplers

turn out the new Firewall CD kit is quite good
but then without inferno shield scorch isnt that good at touching people to dead ;__;

N-NANI SORE?!?!

I can land EPG shots all day but I am completely incapable of leading with the mastiff?

Good games and memes tonight guys.

sorry I sucked so much

frothy likes a bunch of male butts and why is he using the Respawn logo?

protip: Mastiff is a shitty meme gun that should never be used.

Is /tfg/ running meme loadouts for the fresh meat or?

For fun. No other reason.

Coliseum

how? the spread is huge. its like the only reason to use the thing.

It's such a shame that Respawn nerfed the Thunderbolt to being absolutely useless.

I always running meme loadout no matter what

How did this guy live?

>nerf
You fucking what? It got a straight buff. It travels slower and the pulses hit more often. And because it travels slower its in range for the pulses for longer. The thing builds Titan meter like nothing else.

No I mean was there any agreement to run a specific thing this weekend like secondaries only.

Individual stacks might go all one thing for a game. It's a fun thing to do. But on the whole? No, we're not all running one meme thing all weekend.

we're running all the meme things at all times

Do the bundels actually save you any money? It doesn't seem to.

Fuck knows, but I bought it as such.

It froze my Xbone on downloads, quite funny.

i think phase disembark instantly takes you out of your titan regardless of the animation

I mean if you were using it like an old style bazooka it probably feel more like a nerf

Oh that'd make sense.

>New update
>Change files again so I can play in english instead of playing with shitty polish dub
>Turns out updates no longer download every language pack like they used to, now they only download the one with your language so you can't simply switch the language
>So now not only do you need to download base language pack but also separate language packs for each fucking update
What the fuck EA, just let me switch the fucking language, you are literally selling games in poland for normal, worldwide price yet you fucking treat us like russians and don't let us change the language. Why the fuck does the Titanfall has to suffer EA's shit?
Anyway, would anyone be so kind and upload the eng language pack of the newest update somewhere?
Also, anons who play with jap language (since there were some anons doing that from what I remember) will probably have the same problem now, so could anyone also upload the jap language pack update somewhere?

just use SMR

TIME FOR MATH, BITCH

>Bundle is $25 USD

>Both Prime Titans: $5 each ($10)
>Noseart/Warpaint package for every Titan: $4 each ($24)
>Camo pack: $3
>Callsign pack (20 banners/patches): $2

>Grand Total: $39
>Bundle price: $25
You save ~36% if you buy the bundle as opposed to buying everything individually. This applies to both the Angel City and Colony bundles.

The weak should fear the strong

Are there new audio/text lines in the game update? Was Jap audio mode updated?

Every commander will say "Halftime" during halftime.

That counts, I'm pretty sure.

how good is Satchel at killing Titans?
or its Arc/Fire Star or bust?

Huh nifty. Not only is it cheap but its cheaper in a bundle. Respawn the realest, on one hand.

On the other quite a few of the nose arts don't fit the Primes, and as stated earlier, nearly NOTHING fits Star Prime. Just put a little work in RS.

>how good is Satchel at killing Titans?
it's good enough to do some damage
I pick them on loadouts with no antititan weapons

yes, no, i'm downloading the update for my japanese client right now and should have it uploaded within the hour

Satchels wreck Titans, 80% bar each.

Think of it this way: by buying the bundle, you're buying the nose art/warpaints for every Titan, and you're getting the Prime Titans, camos and callsigns for FREE.

If you're not packing an AT weapon and your grenadier is shit for dealing with Titans (like the Softball), satchel charges are your single best alternative for damaging Titans.

Its fine, I was gonna buy it all to support RS, I saw it like a tip jar.

Don't get me wrong, most of the stuff is cool, I especially like the Warpaint's, if I decide to Un-Prime.

Who /alpha/ here

Come get it! Its free!

softball makes bounty hunt too easy.

It's useless at mid to long range now that the AoE range was nerfed from 50 to 25. You cannot use it as a fire and forget rocket now, which gave it a role that no other anti titan weapon had. Now it's in a similar range band to the MGL, which makes it useless.

You have to admit that old Thunderbolt, despite the radiance, did shit for damage compared to all other ATs (if you didn't score a direct hit).

I'd be up for it.
Being in the air for longer mostly just makes me a target, Viper Jets is the only thing that gives me some control while I'm using it

If I could get the same damage output with half the time, I'd be a happy man.

Tracking would be nice too, or maybe it causes their view to be pushed downwards slightly with every rocket, so its harder for them to hit you back

On paper you're right. For me however, I found myself getting far more damage output with it than other titan weapons. The Charge Rifle just never clicked with me, the MGL was far too short ranged, and the lock on time for the Archer meant I'd get a lot less shots down range, which meant less harassment or even death, though if it hit there was more damage done.

Hey /tfg/, just played the trial and fell in love so i plan on buying it, now is the deluxe edition worth it? Or should i just get the regular? Input would be appreciated and sorry if this was asked before.

if its on sale sure

This has got to be the most annoying tactical in the game to deal with.

If the difference between normal and premium is more than £20 then buy standard.

Then buy cosmetics as you wish.

Welcome, enjoy.

The most it gets you is some camos and some special titan skins. You can skip it without missing too much. The titan skins can be purchased separately, and there are plenty of other camos to browse.

Is there a titan that controls the area or has micro management and doesn't need to have an enemy present to have something to do?

Like Scorcher can lay down traps.

Ronin, maybe

Northstar, cover absolutely everything in tethers it's great

Alright thanks! if the only difference is cosmetics then its not worth it to me.

Ion and northstar both have mine kits
Ion has a laser tripwire with big aoe and Instagibs pilots and light infantry, northstar has a cable trap that holds anything bigger than a reaper down in one spot, great for dashing in, throwing a cluster muddle and electric smoke on them

>Alternator/RE-45

That's part of what makes it fun to run

Still that guy used both his phase shift charges AND and arc grenade on you and STILL managed to die. Dang.

good games earlier guys

Ho. Ly. FUUUUUCK.
Does anybody else have really inconsistent games? By that I mean, you do really well most of the time, but you have occasional matches that are complete horseshit?

'Cause I think I'm an alright player (1.8 pilot k/d, 60% win), but today I've had such complete shit matches its almost unreal. I'm talking 1 kill to 14 deaths, into another match with 3 kills and 11 deaths, into another match with 4 kills and 12 deaths.

Just, goddamn, I have been getting fucking reamed today.

yeah its not fair at all especially with fast regen

>60% win
>1.8 KD
>alright

I like the thunderbolt as much as the next guy but the range on that thing did feel pretty ridiculous. Toward the end of my time using it (before I started leveling up a different AT weapon) I would literally shoot it in the general direction of enemy titans, even if I couldn't actually see them or know for sure if they were there. And it would STILL hit things. It would zap grunts, it would zap titans, it was free damage and free charge with maybe the least aim required ever.

At least now it's more like "shoot a thing near titans to hurt them" and less "fire and forget free damage orb". I haven't tried out the changes myself yet but I think you may be overreacting calling it useless. If you fire it smartly, in theory it should do more damage than before -- 25 AoE range is still plenty big. I think it's okay to not have a literal "fire and forget" weapon.

Brutal

Mastiff is fun for blasting space gooks.