/blaz/ - BlazBlue General

Previous timeloop: Console Lobby password is always vidya
PC Lobby Naming Convention: /Blaz/ (Region) (East/West)

> NEWS
- Central Fiction is now available in Japan, the US and Europe, as are the Es and Mai DLCs.
- XBlaze Code Embryo, XBlaze Lost Memories, Calamity Trigger, Continuum Shift Extend, and Chronophantasma Extend are available on Steam.
- Central Fiction expected to be available on Steam in the near future.
- Blazblue Variable Heart, a new manga starring Mai, is currently being published.

> USEFUL LINKS
- BBCF Character info
pastebin.com/zVa2p4Q3
- Match Videos
pastebin.com/e119EKtk
- News, Guides, Combo Listings
dustloop.com/forums/
dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
- Story Stuff
blazblue.wikia.com/wiki/BlazBlue_Wiki
blazblue.kumodori.com/
- Other Media (Remix Heart, Variable Heart, Soundtracks, Bururaji, etc)
pastebin.com/eJRLZkYz
- Player List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PaARR543UOJHThsb4ly4Sr--0wj24yj1hoHpkEPmCjc/edit?pli=1#gid=0
-Frame data/hitbox viewer
boxdox-bb.dantarion.com
-/blaz/ Discord
discord.gg/DKTKFMg

Other urls found in this thread:

challonge.com/tournaments/signup/ke8XYmNn8m
arcsystemworks.jp/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

challonge.com/tournaments/signup/ke8XYmNn8m

Another pizza tournament next week on Saturday at 10.30PM CEST. The stakes are lower somewhat this time, but the prize will be enough for an online pizza of your choice. More details inside the link.

Both EU and US welcome, so feel free to join regardless of skill level.

Bang!

Is Bang into femdom?

What is Terumi v Jin?

Quick little devil

Jin wins

Describe shortly and in a funny way, typical gameplay of every character...

DDD

>11 posts in
>already page 10

Wew lads

>implying
You don't know sadness until a new thread is at page 10 with 0 replies (/eagg/).

>10

/asg/ when?

Soon, my Tsubaki brother. Soon. Inshallah

But how bad is the matchup?

Is your body ready?

arcsystemworks.jp/

It's official. If you don't want to fuck Arakune, you are literally gay.

>arcsystemworks.jp/
i don't speak moonrunes, what is this about?

April Fools

neat

I'm okay with this

>we get this as a dlc instead of jubei

>implying they'd put in enough effort to animate that

waifufag money

Gay

memes

which system voice should i buy

who is the most chuuni

Azrael has good neutral

but that's true, user. what level of unga are you playing on if you can't win neutral with azrael?

Arakune is the best one

jubei has the best voice

/blaz/ 2v2 tournament when, randomize teams to avoid collusion

Could we?
Please?
I want it

we're going to get jubei and dark tsubaki

Jubei fuck you!! I hate

whoever gets /ourguy/ would win by default. the /blaz/ fenrich

That can't be true, Fenrich loses.

>dark tsubaki
when?

i was thinking about it and she's the only effortless thing they could throw in with jubei to say they're adding two new characters

even swapping putting ragna's head on mu and calling it alpha is probably too much work for them

Why do people say Kagura is bad? Easy 4k in the corner is pretty good.

We don't have a ryuusei so it's fine
He used to get an easy 6k

Who is /ourguy/

We have a bunch of /ourguy/'s, Stripy, Purple Kagura, and Alizonius for our best players, as well as Team Shitters + Icolash as mascots.

best valkenhayn color?

Who is on team shitters

King Pupwa, Prince Null, and Lord Zeno.

The Shitter World Order.

>all EU players

Americans BTFO.

>europissasns best player a noel

why do americans even bother
they'll never be as good as EU players lmao

European /blaz/'s best player is so good he can play Noel and still beat every American

Are you sure you wanna test that claim senpai

I ain't even him, I'm a shitter myself.

I just think it's true.

The Tsubaki that appears at the end talking to Rachel. We only see her ponytail and it's much longer than Tsubaki's hair, plus she wields Ookami.

At this point you're scraping the bottom of the barrel, and introducing someone totally new after the series has come to its end in story mode seems like a bad idea. Jubei and maybe Trinity are the only "obvious" viable characters. Aside from them you've only got clones, time warp characters, characters you have to resurrect, Remix Heart characters, and Homura.

we can always do the time warp again, user

Anyone got any tips for Terumi's expert 3?

Oh I'm sure, Mori pulled Lambda, Celica, Naoto, Es, and others out of his ass so he can put Saya Terumi, Tenjo, full power Clavis, Raquel, XBlaze and Bloodedge Experience fuckers in the game if he wants to. I just hope he doesn't.

i wonder how far you could go with that. probably not the most efficient way of spending OD, but it seems like a decent meterless combo.

I want playable Kajun.

This character is not getting in the game
Neither is Byakuya

bump

WE LIVE

Good APM, comparative to even Smash players. Pretty impressive overall.

Fucking fight me

I love this picture so much.

If you're asking how it is on Terumi, obviously bad for him. Jin is in the upper tiers for a reason, he can shut him out with normals with better range and priority, and has a good air to air game while Terumi struggles with his.
Terumi also has no projectiles, you can slice the ice swords with 4D if you want but it just gives Jin advantage more often than not.
Could be worse, but you're going to have to learn to instant block certain strings if you want to hope to punish him ever. Your AA and jab is good for his jumping resets, just be aware that Jin can easily bait the AA and still get a full combo on you.
Remember to 6C his horizontal DP on block. Try not to burn OD just for life lead, you want to threaten Jin with OD/ODR into bullshit damage if he's trying some fuzzy reset shit.

Thanks for the response, but what about Amane? I feel really lost in that matchup and it seems the only time I ever get a turn is when the other guy makes a mistake

You know when Amane does his standing drill and jump cancels it into the air drill on block? You can AA that. Just don't try to hard read it, because he has a projectile he can use instead. I think you can jab it if you're quick too, but you might trade.
As for in general, I don't find it as bad, it's just daunting because Amane has fuckloads of range. You have to realize, though, that a lot of his attacks don't have hitboxes along the way, for example in front of him. Your gameplan should be trying to run under him and high jump normal/throw or AA as he's landing (your run speed is fucking fast), and run up barrier or run hop barrier towards him while he's grounded (likely throwing out normals). Punish his whiffs with IADs whenever you can but it won't be that often against someone decent.
Messenga used to be godlike in this matchup in CPEX, but since it lost strike invuln, it's not so much. But you can still near fullscreen punish whiffs fairly late from the air or the ground, so keep this in mind when you have 50 meter.
The rest of it is knowing what his setups are and how to tech them/block them which I can't really help you with, I kind of don't recognize them until I fight one.

Thanks again, one final question, you got any tips in general for Terumi?

heh

Well sure, but I'm not good enough to beat the best players in /blaz/, so take them how you will
>things you shouldn't do
-contend neutral with 5D (has extended hurt frames on startup)
-always jump in normal after a jump cancel against opponents with a DP
-abuse 6B often (it's so slow you can DP it on reaction, or IB or backstep)
-go for full blockstrings on barrier opponents often (reset it with stagger pressure from microdash 5B or 2A instead, or j.2D from a jump cancel sparingly, the only thing a full string is good for here is a surprise 6C rapid to catch a jumper)
-forget that you should be varying 5B stagger pressure with 2B or 214C after to keep opponents on their toes
-do stagger pressure on opponents who aren't doing barrier, they can punish you when you microdash
-abuse 6C without meter
-blow meter midscreen without thinking about whether or not you need defensive options in your matchup or the resources to round rob (even though some OD combos can net you 100% meter, it's prorated to shit by the end of the loops so you'll get around 4-5.5k instead of 7-8k)
-finish combos with soutenjin if they don't kill, they really nerfed its minimum damage and it's disadvantageous
-forget that 3C exists in blockstrings, because you can do shit like 2B 5B 3C or 214C unwary opponents, and 3C is a great starter to work with - it seems to have more range than 2C, and you can 5D on block after to push people out of punish range, plus it has less of a gap than 5B 2C 5D does. If you hit 3C tip, 5D into 6C or messenga is a thing.
>things you should
-be a real fucking asshole with throws
-end combos with j.2D or 6C (especially this over 236D when you're sitting on ~75+ meter) for advantage, 6C allows you to setup a safejump j.2D anywhere on screen with the right delay
-6C rapid on block (2 swings into 2B for gapless, or go to a throw or 214C if you have meter)
-learn your CT combos and fatal combos, especially the former as they're extremely practical in the corner

Thanks user.

I wish Unlimited Azrael's OD parry was available to regular Azrael in OD

Mai matches look so fucking chaotic

What if Veeky Forums gets merged with some other boadr?

Me too. I miss Javelin raid also.

lobby tonight

why

assuming i have power by then whoops

ZEA

Don't die, /blaz/. If you do, I'll have to shit up /skg/ with Maiposting.

Maifag is the terrorist of blazblue

You're one of the worst ones here

I don't know why you guys assume there's only one hardcore Mai fan.

Before /blaz/, I tried getting a Blazblue general going and it wasn't successful. It wasn't until the English dub voice actors and who knows who else behind the scenes started posting that a general for this game was able to survive. And there's no Maifag faggier than me.

I know there's multiple, I was talking about you specifically.

I bet you think Mai sucks.

Well, you're right.

im quiting bb and giving away my account
[email protected]
1223qwwe

This is the only picture of homosexual sex that I ever fapped to.

Isn't Bridget from an ArcSys series?

TRICKED