Why is rallying so expensive?
>muh license
>muh homologations
>muh FIA approved helmet
>muh FIA approved suit
>muh FIA approved seats
>muh FIA approved gloves
>muh FIA approved fire extinguisher
And the worst of all, after x years your stuff is too old and need to replace everything because it's not FIA approved anymore

Because its dangerous as fuck

Racing on the street is way meaner and more dangerous if that's what your after

Because you can easily kill yourself and a bunch of bystanders, its the most dangerous form of racing

>its the most dangerous form of racing

no

even NASCAR has more fatalities

rally is just most overrated form of racing

I'm talking about normal rally(cross) here not even high level
The kind that beginners participate in, not really high speeds or something.

>muh FIA approved helmet
>muh FIA approved suit
>muh FIA approved seats
>muh FIA approved gloves
>muh FIA approved fire extinguisher
But that's literally every race series ever. If you don't have FIA/SFI approved safety gear, you ain't got shit according to the organizers.

If anything, rallying is cheaper because your shitbox is likely to be more competitive than on a road course, where everything needs to be just right. Repairs are a different matter, of course.

Move to India. Those fuckers love ghetto rallies.

thats not even that expensive

when you consider the type of gear and equipment thats required for low level track events, like competing at lime rock and then comparing it to any form of rally, its really not that bad

It is when it's just for your local autocross/conefagging shit

Find out your nearest rallying event, offer to help for free.
Or, visit events. It's usually free, besides finding a hotel. Or you could camp. Just figure out which laps you can get to in time and have fun. Very enjoyable experience

Because human life is generally regarded as being valuable

>why is racing expensive

insurance companies

also the dampers are a little costly
but far as I know no one bothers with ohlins

Overrated? People like it because it is by far the most exciting way to race. How can you deny that?

is rallying the biggest white mans sport there is? how am i suppose to feed my kids and shit and still afford my rally car and upkeep and shit?

nah
dirt track takes that it's what I do lmao

>Kids

Hah don't make me laugh.

Actually lots of guys I rally with have families. Usually it's a couple as driver / codriver so that helps when both sides support the hobby.

To OP though. Imagine flying off a cliff and being stuck in your crumpled car when the gas tank explodes. At that moment the price of the equipment won't mean a damn thing.

I'm having trouble telling if this is a wooden countertop with two dirty models on it or a really fucking flat dirt plain with two full-size cars on it

no it's real
i think

If you're a burgercunt, 24 Hours of Lemons just had their first rally race this year

It's called not being an autistic faggot and getting sponsors to finance your team

Rally is undeniably the most demanding form of racing.

Wait what. Tell me more.

>muh safety

its a european sport, what did you expect?

>most demanding form of racing

you mean besides any racing involving only 2 wheels?

America is more about muh "safety" though because americans are so dumb they injure themself by being stupid

>cant even talk about rally without assmad Euroclowns turning it into a "I H8 AMERIKKA" thread

yurocucks should just be range banned from this board

>nascar is super demanding
>rally is not
You're the reason america is garbage. Congrats faggot

>4h turning left
>fall asleep at the wheel
>crash and die
Gee no wonder they have such high accident rate

at the very least you should have to prove you own one car/motorcycle before you're allowed to post.

They're honestly both pretty demanding. I don't think I'd have the concentration or talent to hit the exact same racing line for 4 hours, nor the guts to push my car flat out over a road suface that can and will have changed since the last time I saw it.