/wkg/ - Wakfu General

/wkg/ - Wakfu General

Wakfu is Free To Play!

Wakfu - wakfu.com/en/mmorpg

"Wakfu is an anime-styled MMORPG from Ankama Games set 1,000 years after the era of the game's predecessor, Dofus, at a time when Ogrest’s Chaos has brought the World of Twelve to ruins. Players create heroes full of hope to cure the world, and hopefully master Wakfu, the primordial energy of the universe. Wakfu is a tactical RPG, with a job system and creatures to fight, and with an emphasis on an open, player-driven world, lending a sandbox feel to the game. The game's entire economy is player-controlled, and there are skills to raise and semi-random challenges that pop up for players to take on after certain conditions are met."

>Pets
wakfu.com/en/mmorpg/encyclopedia/pets?TEXT=&LVL_MIN=0&LVL_MAX=200&TYPE_2[0]=582&size=96

>Classes
wakfu.com/en/mmorpg/encyclopedia/classes

Other urls found in this thread:

wakfu.com/en/mmorpg/news/announcements/659829-server-merge-remington-nox-phaeris
wakfu.com/en/forum/251-feedback/214797-beta-1-53-what-new
pastebin.com/EEtTiDBG
pastebin.com/SRFhcvTf
discord.gg/kYFuDyE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fucking finally.

Might want to include information about the server merge in the OP.

wakfu.com/en/mmorpg/news/announcements/659829-server-merge-remington-nox-phaeris

Oops

Friendly warning to all comers. Feel free to join whatever server you want, but avoid the guild "Shiny Chariot" and the guy recruiting for the guild constantly in the general. If you're new and fresh faced, join a high level guild until an established Veeky Forums guild gets made.

What nation is best? Anakma?

Nox

Depends on your server.

On Nox, Amakna is the most populated by far. Sufokia/Bonta/Brakmar are punching bags for Amakna. Riktus are the ecoterrorists. I'd suggest going Amakna.

Not too sure on Remington anymore.

Phaeris has a high Sufokia population, if you're playing there.

I'm on Remington. I'm going to go with Anakma for now.

>hur dur
>don't join a low-level clover guild and help it level
>wait for a high-level 4leaf guild to magically appear out of thin air

>Implying there aren't hundreds of much more progressed guilds on the server and any one of them would be better than starting from scratch.

>Implying you can't just ask someone from a high level guild from the guild ranking lists to invite you to the guild.

Look, I know making a guild from scratch is more 'fun', but you can't deny that joining an established guild has immediate great benefits just from the bonuses alone. As a new guild, you can't get Haven Worlds until a new auction happens, which is roughly once a year.

You're also capped out at 7,500 guild points weekly, most new guilds can't cap that, and then you guys would have tons of competitions from all the other guys trying to recruit to their guild.

It's a crying shame, but as it is right now, making a new guild from scratch for new players is a disservice to those new players, and will probably end up having them quit the game.

>a new guild from scratch for new players is a disservice to those new players, and will probably end up having them quit the game.
That's depressing

No idea why you even thought making a thread for this was a good idea. and will simply turn away any newcomers, the thread will devolve into pure shitposting because muh drama and it will die, like all previous times we've tried this.

Also regarding "joining an established Veeky Forums guild": Also won't happen. The old guilds from Nox and Remington have been dead for years, and even if somehow they still exist, there's no one with permissions to recruit around. Phaeris guild is no longer a Veeky Forums guild. You're better off just going to the forums IF you're interested in the game and asking for a guild there, seeing as any hopes of getting anything Veeky Forums going in this game are next to none.

Hello, I play on Phaeris.

it hurts

What level are you? It might not be too late to join Nox or Remington depending on your timezone.

Then join a guild that isn't a Veeky Forums guild and wait until one gets made to join it and help build it. Eventually on December when the merge happens, we'll all be playing on the same server, unless some of us here are French.

Agreed. Why join a level 1 guild that gives you absolutely nothing when you can join a maxed level guild that gives you 20% more XP, 20 Elemental Mastery and Resists, Kit Skill, and bonuses to your crafts?

It takes you half a year just to get to that point, because capped guild points gates it from being done faster.

>wait until one gets made to join it and help build it

What, so you repeat this exact same REEEEE REMIKID and then tell people so wait until the next guild is made?

So when the merge happens you'll now tell people to go to Aerafal or something? You tried this exact same shit when we were telling people to play in a server appropiate to their region, saying everything was dead except your "superior" Nox server.

I'm not sure you're arguing in good faith anymore.

Shiny Chariot is level 4, that could be done in a week. There has been screenshots of the guild being entirely empty except for one person, the person taking the screenshot. And it's not just that the guild doesn't have many members, it's that none of them are online. That's not a good guild, and that's not a guild that will help a new player.

No, I'll never say to go to Aerafel. I don't care what server people roll on. The important thing is that when people pick a server based on their timezones and times of play, they join a guild that will help them instead of one that will leave them high and dry to play the MMO completely alone.

If you're over level 40, you should know that this game is AIDs alone.

Jesus that's a nightmare. You could still reroll on another server and see if that's better, but grinding all the way back to 180 on 1x XP takes at least a week even with a guild powerleveling you.

I started back during the opening of the server, I came back for the merge meme that didn't and will never happen.

I'm more worried about my gear (AND COSTUMES) than leveling.

It is announced that the merge will happen at the end of the year, user.

They also said you're not going to lose anything in terms of equipment or costumes. So you could reroll on another server and your character would come back with all of it's unique costumes and shit.

They also announced they were going to merge on april. They could delay it for another year for all I know.

>>The decision to postpone the merge is based on the concerns you expressed in our forums: What will happen to our Haven World? Our guilds? The server economy? Our equipment? We have gathered all of your questions and requests and passed them on to the team. We also know about the abusive player killing (PK) issue and we will work to find solutions. We are aware that problems exist and we realize how important they are.

In their defense, Nox is pretty bloodthirsty and would ruin the gaming experience of the carebears on the other servers.

If I play midnight to 6AM american time (fuck my job) which server would have the most people on during that time?

EST or PST?

EST

Probably Remington then.

Remington is your best option, it have all kind of players and schedules since is global. It also have the most population, you just need friends with similar timezones. People are active all day. Nox is too toxic to recommend, even at your own time.

You just can't help yourself.

What makes nox toxic? Only thing ive seen about it is that its the PVP server and has less pop than remi.

Nothing makes the server toxic. You've seen correctly.

You're arguing that joining a new guild is pointless because they'll lack bonuses and a HW, yet you say to wait until a proper Veeky Forums guild is made. How exactly are you gonna get those bonuses and HW any quicker? HW auctions are rare and there's already several guilds with veteran players lined up for it. Not only that, but people in Nox have way more kamas than in the other servers, which will be kept after the merge.

Oasis had a HW and the guild point cap unlocked. Anyone who got banned was because they themselves were abusing the duping by depositing the items in the bank. People who didn't take those items had no issues. Hell, if you're gonna argue about people getting others banned, we also had someone in Phaeris obtaining a GM emblem and getting people banned because he invited them to parties where he'd instakill bosses to get the loot, and this caused Ankama to get a very negative view on our guild.

Before the old /wkg/ died, we told people to join a server based on timezones. Immediately we got shitposts saying "Phaeris is dead, don't join it", "Remington is dead, don't join it", "join Nox, it's better and it's alive". Now that people are telling to join Remington because of the merge, we once again get posts to redirect people somewhere else.

Ever since servers other than Phaeris became F2P it's been the same story.

Making a new guild when Phaeris was created was a smart idea because there was no established guild to join and everyone was starting fresh.

You get a guild with those bonuses and HW when somebody, maybe you, makes a guild, gets a group of players from within the game to make the guild somewhat decent, and when you the player are in a position to help newbies.

I honestly don't care that cheaters get banned. Not even a little. I wouldn't care if it happened to me.

I'm in the camp of saying "Play on the server that's best for your timezone." The autists that are screaming for people to join their server aren't representative of the people on the servers.

The colossal tool that's trying to invite to his level 4 guild should be discouraged from continuing, because that kind of shit will turn people off. Unless the guild is established and stable, there's no fucking point of joining it. Bonuses or otherwise. Very clearly, that guild isn't stable.

I'm personally on Nox. I like PVPing and I have great gear and high levels. I'm definitely not trying to bait people into joining my server though, since I'll probably do nothing to help them besides offering tips.

So /wkg/ hate itself.
This is amazing

please stop this shitty war for guild, for server and for the most autistic man.

Just learn to new player how to play

Hey man. I'm here answering questions.

Are the Krosmunster nice pet?

Not even a little bit. +Spell Levels are a weak stat, and the other elemental pets give more damage.

It's pretty mediocre since it's mono-element. Close to 100% of builds lategame are duo element (or tri), but the pet works fine for lower levels.

Then what was even your point in the first place? I initially said that if people are interested in the game, they should instead go to the forums and ask one of the established guilds there to join.

"Getting a group of players from within the game" would make it so the guild isn't Veeky Forums at all. You forget that once people from outside Veeky Forums are in a guild, you can no longer act there the same way you'd do here since they most likely have different views on things. The Phaeris guild isn't Veeky Forums either since other players had to be recruited from the forums or in-game to keep it alive.

New update with 3 dungeons and a revamp to crafting coming.

Looks nice honestly, but I'm too low level to take part of any of this content.

wakfu.com/en/forum/251-feedback/214797-beta-1-53-what-new

>You forget that once people from outside Veeky Forums are in a guild, you can no longer act there the same way you'd do here since they most likely have different views on things
This is why I left the Veeky Forums guild on Remington.
Called some dude a faggot in the guild chat and got a 3 day ban.
Fuck that place. I'm glad it's dead.

My dude, you can go to Ecaflipus and level up to 180, gear up using the Mystical and Eternal tokens, and dive right in.

Also, the Sac mobs are pretty easy, but the level 200 mobs make me want to fucking kill myself.

To be completely frank with you, if you want to start a Veeky Forums guild, you better grind yourself up a level 7 guild, be online all the fucking time until you have competent officers, and be ready to nolife help all your guildies and expect half of them to quit the game.

Not many people are willing to do that, sorry.

Sounds like cancer. Find a decent guild on that server or another. I'm not pretending to know what your schedule is my guy.

The fuck is Ecaflipus?
I haven't played in 6 years.

In Astrub, open your map, there'll be a sword icon, that's Ecafliptus. You can click the giant cat statue and be teleported there, where you will have access to machines that will instantly give you massive XP and tokens.

It's relatively new, yes.

Oh, this is in the beta server?
I can't play it then, I'm not a sub.

Nonsub players can go onto the beta now

Yeah

lol sorry i mean this

And again, what exactly is your point?

What I said is that there's no reason for this thread. There is no established Veeky Forums guild, there's no hopes for a new one because of the points you keep repeating, and all its going to accomplish is turn people off the game thanks to the shitposting and drama.

What little discussion is left was fine in /mmog/.

One of the materials for a hidden recipe.
I won't tell you what the recipe is since it's fun finding them on your own but I will tell you that the item it makes is shit.

Well alright then. Stop talking about it.

I didn't know there was a craft for this thing. I always assumed it was just cosmetic.

Are there any guides that help you pick a class based on what kind of experience are you expecting? Something like pic related.

Not really, but maybe I can sort you out. What kind of experience do you want? Melee? Distance? Gambler? Jew?

shit not even anyone playing wakfu is autistic enough to do something like this

Not that dude , but I'm interested in the jew experience. I come from a game of space jews so I'd like to see how this works around here.

Fucking tell me about it. I read like 4 things and couldn't continue. What the fuck.

Ah yes. There is a jew class. It's called Enutrof. Using your water spells, you're able to force enemies to drop pouches that have good shit in them. Using your fire spells, you have the ability to have the entire team laugh at you and make monsters not be able to see shit. Using your earth spells, you gain the ability to turn into some kind of Werejew and hit pretty damn hard.

The best build is some kind of Water/Earth hybrid, where you take all the enemie's bonus loot and then turn into a Weremole and mow them down.

Water, earth shit I whatever the fuck , no clue , haven't played this game at all but turning into a werewolf jew sounds pretty damn tempting.

It's pretty looked down on because melee characters aren't as useful as long distance characters.

There are 4 elements in the game, Water/Air/Fire/Earth. Basically, the spells you use have one of these elements assigned to them and will take the monster's elemental defense against it.

It's self explaining once you play the game.

I would say go for it, it's not a bad class, but if you want something 'better', just ask.

as funny as it sounds its not completely true, fire branch kinda okay-ish in aoe, and turning werejew means you have shit range, and can only use earth branch. Normal people jsut go earth water normally tho, some even never use the werejew mode.

Base damage on Fire branch spells are really bad because they're predominantly AoE.

Werejew optimizes the spells and makes it so you don't hit like some kind of goy when you decide to hit with Earth.

All I want are flashy skills and not sucking at combat. I played Foggernaut for two hours or so but I'm still undecided.

If you want flashy and not sucking, go Iop. It's a complicated class to master, but once you get those Air Combos, your turns look really fucking impressive and you hit really god damn hard.

Air/Fire, when you get gear that gives you multiple element bonuses. Super Iop Punch is the best fire spell in the fucking game after using Focus.

Honestly just turning into a jewolf sounded nice but what I like to do whenever I play any game is be a glass cannon be a squishy piece of shit with burst out of this world ( AoE preferably ) .. what should I play?

Cra.

Not even a question. Cras do the most damage at a range with huge AoEs. They can also do extremely good single target damage using their single target spells and when they're built like that.

But since you want AoEs, you're going Fire/Earth. Your new best friends are Explosive Arrow and Piercing Arrow. Explosive Arrow does a huge firey bomb of damage, while Piercing Arrow shoots someone in the head and then bounces off to another target if it's close enough and will continue to do so until you hit 3 people (4 if you make it better.)

>what should I play?

Cra, always cra, actually let's 5 man cra with a tank sidekick.

Cra is love
cra is life

ded in 3... 2...

> 0

Alright, let's get an FAQ pastebin set up for the general. What are some common questions newcomers might have?

What are good classes to start with?

What Nation should I pick?

When do I get my respecs?

What's the best class for x?

What are heroes?

Is this game P2W?

What color are your panties?

Are there any nude mods?

Great start already! Now let's try to answer these questions. Iop, Sacrier, and Cra are certainly friendly classes for a new player to choose.

Just dig through the archives and recover the info from the long lost /wkg/

>Sac, Iop, Cra, Fogger, Osa.

>Depends on server:
Nox - Amakna
Remi - Amakna
Phaeris - Sufokia

> level 30 and 80 free. Quest and pay after.

>iunno

>Sidekicks but your own player characters.

>Not even a little bit, the cash shop is 99% cosmetic

pastebin.com/EEtTiDBG Here's a draft, it's far from perfect.

I looked through older /wkg/ threads but I've been unable to find recent ones. (2015 seemed to be a hard cut-off)

Not bad user. I would also include MethodWakfu and also the link to the official Wakfu discord.

Not to mention, a Veeky Forums Wakfu discord wouldn't be a horrible idea.

Unfortunately it looks like a new /wkg/ doesn't have enough support as of yet and it'd be hard to keep it afloat.

That's where you're wrong, kiddo.

pastebin.com/SRFhcvTf Here's a new pastebin with MethodWakfu and a non-expiring official Wakfu Discord invite link included, I've gotta do some stuff so feel free to make changes for official use.

Nice,
when the wakfu general discord?

I would be down for a Wakfu Discord.

Hi /wkg/, I haven't played in like two years, I'm on Nox and these are my characters, what should I be doing to get back in

a /wkg/ discord would go a long way in keeping the thread alive and helping people out

discord.gg/kYFuDyE Here it is Anons (just made the server will add stuff now)

Now we wait.

is my haven bag cool?

It sure as hell not a neglected storage unit like mine.

how /comfy/ are you ?

Damn ogrest

that comfy

Just made a Sram named EvidentRevenant

Any tips for an iop deck with this patch?

Just dropped this, has some value??

>leveling without booster pack

That gif is triggering me. Make it stop.

come on dude i made it to level 200 with only buying booster pack twice (week 1) its not that hard only took 2 years

Good luck with making memories. When wkg was a thing when phaeris started, it was fun. But you type of autistic people will ruin your fun memories with drama sooner or later and then itll all be forgotten.

remi has nearly no drama tho

discord.gg/kYFuDyE

/wkg/ discord btw