/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we discuss Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including cartoons and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more

/sthg/ #718 - Sketch edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/Developments

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1mkKcaLGhCr
youtube.com/watch?v=uY0VyRj2YE4
pastebin.com/jELdT2i5
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Burning through threads on the daily.

vocaroo.com/i/s1mkKcaLGhCr

Reposting without the little diddly at the start.
I'm gonna remake this when my voice isn't shot and I can write better lyrics.
Until then, I'm gonna get some sleep before my presentation.

Where is that pic from?

Remember, anyone who declines Cream's invitation to tea is a monster

Naw man, there's value in every character. And no matter who, someone out there is bound to like them

I'd decline tea with Cream.

You monster

How many times do I have to keep saying this: He is a pointless character. What purpose does he serve to the overall franchise? He hasn't been relevant since Rivals, and that was a vaporware handheld.

Nothing would change if he was scrapped like Fang, Mighty, etc. NOTHING.

That's nice.

You do realize no one's forcing you to repeat this tired shit, right?

Whoops, the second part was meant for I meant to say to

That's not nice. Tea just isn't that great to me. Besides, Cream a shit.

>tired shit
eh? I made a joke

That was a fuck up, that part wasn't meant for you. I got the posts mixed up,

It's all good, my dude

Good. Have a Sliver.

I really should rename my all-purpose sonic folder to Silver, because pictures of him take up 80% of the folder

>just want to write stories about a little blue hedgehog and his adventures
>reality continuously cockblocks him
Most JUST man for the last month or so.

Yeah, I should probably do the same with all my Sonic related images, since they're just in a general pictures folder & they take up a good chunk of it.

Fancomic, Sonic Eggs

>He hasn't been relevant since Rivals

You could say that for anyone not Sonic, Tails, or Eggman.

Wake up you hedgehogs!

fuck off Eggman, it's my day off

Sonic Spinball is the best spin off game

>that 'comin for dat booty' face

>you will never... take care... of a sonic girl that lives in your house

But now he gets to write for Jughead, user!

youtube.com/watch?v=uY0VyRj2YE4

So if we're all agreeing that Sally has moved on to Nicole, who should sonic get?

Tails.
Sonic is gay.

Do you think Sally was always bisexual or did the super genesis wave rebuild her up as gay?

>So if we're all agreeing that Sally has moved on to Nicole
Fuck off, yurifag

>Do you think Sally was always bisexual or did the super genesis wave rebuild her up as gay?
Almost certainly the latter.

Sonic was also reconstructed apparently without a sex drive at all.

Did you say sketch edition?

Which characters were effected the least?
Meaning, they were mostly rebuilt almost the same as their pre SGW selves?

>Which characters were effected the least? Meaning, they were mostly rebuilt almost the same as their pre SGW selves?
Sonic and Eggman, which makes sense seeing as they were right next to the source of the Genesis Wave.
Besides being a few years younger and not being constantly horny, Sonic is essentially the exact same character as he has always been.
Eggman has changed even less and is essentially the same character even though he has a different origin story.
Because of these simularities, it makes sense that these are the two characters that were able to retain their memories of the old universe the longest.

>space literally shatters like glass
Always looked kind of unnerving

the wave probably just made her a little gayer.

Ain't nothin wrong with that

>"WHAT DID YOU DO?!"
i can't believe eggman was willing to fucking shatter reality just because he was too petty to let Sonic fix it

I think based on his reaction he was just trying to stop sonic or maybe make a last ditch effort to make his envisioned reality THE reality. I don't think he meant to actually shatter it. Either way he probably wasn't thinking straight.

It's all part of the MASTER PLAN

Cuties
do you think Nicole digitally alters herself in bed so that she has a dick for Sally?

No because Sally is clearly the dominant one in the relationship

it's a possibility, Sally is definitely a top though

A little more realistically speaking, I imagined Sally kept a fair amount of rings by her bed so she could materialize Nicole for light and happy bedtime cuddles, until she falls asleep.

Bottom right is fucking adorable

>sally a top

my sides.

Either sally is a strong leader that is a bottom, or she's an incompetent leader that tops to feel better about being a shitty leader.

I have always liked sonic when his quills are long and dread-locky.
Too bad pretty much the only decent art of that style was cover art.

How much longer must we suffer this wait? This existence is riddled with holes that only the spiritual gaze of tomorrow can cover.

As far as games go, his quills were probably longest in 2006 and I do have to admit I like the length of them there and the way they flow/react to movement.

Not a fan of the ears though. They seem too... prominent in 2006.

Freeze yourself until winter. Then you'll have two Sonic games to play!

I think you're pretty much the only one user

I like long quills when they're drawn well.
Problem is most of the time they arnt.

>"That...that doesn't look right...."
He did it all by accident.. Pretty terrifying that one man erased a whole lot due to his pettiness by accident.

Yeah I agree.
Ironic thing about the dark age is it has some of my favorite cover art in the history of the comic.

can i drop this here again
pastebin.com/jELdT2i5

Sorry I know I've posted this before a month back but I've been looking for honest writing critique from anons who would appreciate such a subject and I didn't really get anything last time. thank you. pic related.

Eggman just like "GET THESE FUCKING FURRIES AWAY FROM ME"

Look how happy they all are.

PENDERED

Never really got the love for Spaz, he drew everyone really super ugly.

I get the joke, but your execution was poor. 7/10.

We've long established in the games that Eggman is extremely short sighted and never thinks or cares about the repercussions of his actions until they affect him. It's one of the core facets of his personality.

>yuri shit

It's already terrible

Then explain it to me because I don't get the joke.

I'm in the middle on this topic.
I do like Sonic more with longer quills, a lot actually.
BUT I'm not really a fan of the quills being "hair" like knuckles.

There's low-riding, and then there's just showing off your asscrack.

>Nicole being taller
How long until this fan extrapolation makes its way into official art, like Sally and Bunnie's relative figures?

I like Spaz but I understand that his artstile can be polerizing.

Aren't you glad i warned you before you actually had to read it?

Penders.

To a lot, and I mean a LOT of people, more detail = better art. This is why 3D modelling and photoshopped pics have pretty much replaced painting and pencilling for covers, posters and the like.

Spaz has a great sense for three dimensional space, but he's frankly awful at posing, really stiff, and has trouble with conveying motion.

Agreed.
Spaz can do collage-pics well but the devil is in the details and positioning.
Take for example. A lot of people would probably say this is good cover art, and on some level it is. It's varied, colorful, and carries the sense of celebration that comes with the 10th anniversary well. Howerver, the framing and positioning doesn't seem to fit the purpose of the pic. The most prominent character in the pic, the one the reader's eyes are drawn to immidiately, is Vector. Hell, even Mina has a more prominent presence in the pic.

>Hell, even Mina has a more prominent presence in the pic.
As opposed to Sonic I mean.
Don't know if I made that clear.

And to be clear I'm not one of these fags that just hates Mina. I thought her character was really improving towards the end of the preboot era and I was sad to see her go, but the point is there is NO reason for her to have a more prominent placement on a milestone issue than Sonic himself.

Now if we take a look at issue 225, 100 issues later, we see a much better example of prioritization. Sonic is the clear frontrunner (no pun intended) and what's more the plot details of the issue are also made somewhat clear.

Part of that is the coloring.

The colorist decided to give Vector a moderate green and a very bright yellow, but used dark, desaturated blues on Sonic. While in the inks Sonic still isn't immediately grabbing you, a proper color job would have drawn you right to him.

I like the decision they made to start giving milestone issues lateral cover art
>tfw we came so close to getting the 4th one but will never get it

>15 minutes later

Oh.

Shadow is only fast on his feet because of his super special shoes, so I bet he fucks sonic nice and slow

That's not how Shadow's shoes work.

Shadow has the athleticism and stamina to theoretically push himself to be able to move as fast as sonic but his physical body simply doesn't have the dexterity or reaction time to physically move his legs that fast.
The air shoes allow shadow to reach his full potential, which the laws of physics would otherwise prevent him from doing.

Sonic can do it naturally because he is actually the ultimate life form.

Fuck off Sparky.

So what's going on with the comics. I've been gone for the past 4 days. Last time I heard was "In Talks"

Nothing new.

Comics are probably coming back.
Chances are it was just a legal issue over percentages of profit to certain parties for older issues being sold online.

I'm actually not Sparky, but I'll admit my post would register for on the spectrum

K. That's good to know.

Legs are way too long.
Body is off-center/leaning unnaturally.

Try making a line of action and measuring how many heads tall you want a character to be when you start sketching, it'll help you get a feel for these things.

>Chances are it was just a legal issue over percentages of profit to certain parties for older issues being sold online.
Why would they cancel the current comics then?

There's been nothing to indicate what you just said.

I didn't draw that. I found it on tumblr.

It saved the fucking thumbnail? Really?

God damnit.

I noticed the filename, threw out the advice just in case.