/edg/scg/ Star Citizen Elite: Dangerous general #147

3.0 soon edition

Previous dad: Elite: Dangerous information:
pastebin.com/AEU0TuVt
Be aware, Thargroids are currently grabbing ships out of witchspace with unknown intentions. it is advised you shoot the fuck out of them whenever possible.
>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos
>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA
>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w
Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V7X_7jZLByQ
forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/340389-2-3-Shield-Booster-and-Ship-Armour-Changes-Feedback-Thread-Pt-3
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k66yHsb2-bPn6kFrzeG4o_E7U9eMbXST1rhoUUl-xaE/edit#gid=1232096432
ptu.cloudimperiumgames.com/comm-link//15793-Star-Citizen-Alpha-262f
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>4/6/2017
what did he mean by this?

They're probably hyping up another sale with some in-fiction bullshit.

>drake announce a new space bike
>$90 LTI token
>thanks for buying, stay tuned for more updates from around the verse
o7

They already announced at least one more space bike but I don't think it's made by Drake.

>what did they mean by this

pic related

Still don't know what im looking at.Is it the new hornet f7a or just UI upgrade for f7c.

I think it's the new F7A.

>one more space bike but I don't think it's made by Drake
Why wouldn't they make a bike? I bet it's legit.

>tfw no cruiser motorbike

It mentions the Terra Gazette TAKE DOWN, Terra Gazette is one of the Lore fiction things so it'll probably be about the change in Cutlass design.

The new space bike will be either MISC, RSI or Origin. I am leaning towards Origin because it might be attached to the 600 series ships. Although RSI is short some ships so they might be used for a more generic one. MISC I only think would have one for the Drake MISC rivalry.

Drake already makes a space bike the Dragonfly so it'll be a new manufacturer.

That the next ATV episode is about the Cutlass.

Up

PTU is now public.

Star Citizen will have skintight bodysuits right? RIGHT?

What we've seen so far doesn't look particularly great.

That's a marine armor, though, we've yet to see the flight suits

I want to see non lesbian hair cuts.

Female explorers suit

Got some bad news for you on that count.
The reality of helmet seals and practicality of long hair in a working environment means its gonna be dyke hair all day erry day. Have long hair is gonna be like a mark of someone who either never flies or is wealthy enough to fly with enough protection in a large enough vessel to not worry about having to wear a vac suit.

Jokes on you though, I have a tomboy fetish and love chicks with short hair.

Thats still an armored Hazardous Environment suit

In particular Im thinking two things, one being the Class 1 vac suit, the "don't die if you lose atmo" bag. The other being extremely slimline/minimalistic body armor suitable for wear UNDER street clothes while doing whatever planetside where you might still encounter a gunfight but dont want to draw attention wandering around looking like Master Chief.

>tomboy fetish

It's not gay if her dick is feminine.

So, we are 5 patches into this PTU and they still don't have megamap for the PU. I guess that basically confirms that there is another minor patch coming.

Are we going to see 3.0 this year?

HUE.

No.

I think you're projecting. Liking women with short hair is a matter of taste, being unable to see the difference between a woman with short hair and a young man is a matter of perception. You see them as the same because in your mind they are both attractive.

To each his own. If you think is attractive, then you like masculine features. I think that picture looks like a boy. Seeing a female form with short hair is much different than liking dyke looking boys.

wait, are you that weebposter who kept posting anime characters and JRPG shit years back as example of what SC females should look like?

no, i don't post anime. i don't give a fuck what the females look like, I'm looking at the dash of my ship.

Average ED player

youtube.com/watch?v=V7X_7jZLByQ

Probably be a 2.7 patch where they test PG with the 3 moons around Crusader. Now if they were sensible they'd announce it to backers that way "Hey guys we've done a lot with the PG tech but before rolling out 3.0 we want to do a small interim patch with the 3 moons. If the servers are stable and nothing blows up we'll look to roll out 3.0 soon after"

Yeah you'd get people bitching about no 3.0 but not nearly as much if they leave it to the last minute again.

I really don't give a fuck about landing on a moon like in ED with nothing to do.

They need to finish cargo or fucking something with it, the PU is bullshit.

The devs are asking people to sign on to the PTU and play for the next 4 hours, but they are only playing SM. I hate that they only care about that shit tier fps and said fuck off to AC and the PU.

Yeah, I'll never understand why SM and even AC are even a thing.

The PU and SQ42 should be the only focuses they have

I'm torn on it, it'd be nice to see PG tech in Cryengine oh sorry Lumberyard lul. But also it would make a lot more sense to test it on something like that before launching into 3.0 Stanton system and having some easily tested features of PG tech suddenly become the focal point instead of the achievement.

but yeah cargo and mining need to come online.

AC was promised in 2013 as the dogfighting module which turned into AC in 2014 and SM was promised in 2015 and we all know how that turned out. However the mechanics from those 2 game modes being easier to spawn into was more beneficial than using the PU since traveling from Port Olly to Kareah just to get into a fight was too annoying.

SM is just a feature to make the game have replay value. I find it difficult to believe it serves any purpose beyond a few bug passes before it has to be tested in the PU for any further progress to be made anyway.

I just want the megamap on the fucking PU, which is what I thought was the case for 2.6.2 up until I saw the patch notes. They wrote it like they left themselves an out in the 2.6.2 main notes in case they figured it out, but 5 patches later and the reference to the PU is gone from the notes.

AC and SM exist as the games Esports portals for MLG fags who like combat but don't like risk.
Also as a way to git gud without the risk of gitting ded in universe and as a timekiller minigame on long trips, the whole "simpod" idea is to ahve those installed on the decks of big enough ships and be playable in flight. Megamap will actually make this easy to do.

Fresh leak.

"BAH GAHD! VAN VADER JUST SUPLEXED THAT SHIP THROUGH THE MOON OF TRIKOR VII! GOD IS MY WITNESS IT'S BROKEN IN HALF!!"

>Esports
The next dot com bubble.

Is that paki still a mod in r/starcitizen?

Is there a heat generation simulator/calculator for E:D? I want to engineer a ship, g5 dirtys and more, but I'm afraid of having heat issues after the investment.

Do you just gotta hope it works out or is there a way to predict how much heat you'll normally operating under?

>Next

>shield booster and hull hardness changes will not be in 2.3
forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/340389-2-3-Shield-Booster-and-Ship-Armour-Changes-Feedback-Thread-Pt-3

Who /skeptic/ here? The more AtV episodes I see, the longer I think this shit is going to take. Like another 3 years at least. I just don't know how many more of you autists I can argue with before completely losing interest.

YAY

I guess...

RIP Quince.

So two weeks to make some creds.

me. and ive spend over 3k on this game
they show the same shit on every atv. im bored of seeing the same rocky moon and modular station.
last weeks javeline and reclaimer sneak peek was ok but feels too like too little

>that fucking art

Why does that remind me of Battleborn?

>Designed so you can see all your cockpit elements
>As long as you're not looking where you're going

This is the view you get when looking at your vector.

fucking terrible

COMMANDOS N SHIET

>ive spend over 3k on this game
Join KWA and let them steal your ships.

You fucking wot

I've always thought the UI/HUD/cockpit stuff was bad. It's partly why I got rid of my SuperHornet and upgraded to a Sabre, the slight increase in firepower also helped.

Battleborn still has more players that CQC, though.

>CIG in charge of HUD design
How do they keep fucking up the same things over and over again?

/ss/ - straight spacesims when?
Evochron, IW, and other various games are too small for their own threads and these threads are dying too

We should appropriate the name of dead space general.

Any chance of Saitek HOTAS getting cheap now that MadCatz is bankrupt and shutting down?

Now just owned by Logitech who aren't honoring the returns policy, so you'd have to be insane to touch Saitek stuff

We wont get meaningful height sliders, this is all but certain, but I'm wondering if were gonna be getting sliders at all. So far the modeling their doing seems to be very focused on "the model" and not a word about variations. like, what If we end up getting stuck with either male or female, paint bucket, and that face blender thing. It just seems like it would be a massive letdown and a heinous miscarriage of "fidelity" but I can totally see it happening.

Fucking no.
No merging, fuck all those other games. thread is diluted as it is, we don't need like 4 other conversation making it unintelligible. SC and E:D are similar games with similar mechanics from similar developers, a largely shared playerbase from the exact same period of time, and even with all those intersections we annoy each other and out conversation are both segregated and completely incompatible. Adding yet more titles will make the general tick faster but thats it, and it will cause even more disjointed non-conversation and shitposting than there already is, all the general needs to be is alive.

Also Star Citizen is not dead, fuck you, It's in development still. E:D is dead because of dev incompetence, SC hasn't been born yet because of developer incompetence.

What do you think is the biggest engine you could possibly put on an Avenger? I think you might be able to convert most of the cargo bay into one of the smaller TR6 engines and an expanded powerplant and heatsinks to run it, then use the bed area and whatever is left of the cargo bay to carry high value cargo and VIPs.

TR4.

Not that it matters because thrust:weight is handwaved entirely

At this point nobody even knows what the TR designations/sizes mean because they changed everything like half a dozen times and never bothered to explain it properly.

Engine / Component / Weapon size systems are different, and they've all been explained m8

Weapon and component sizes, yes. But even component sizes are kinda wonky, with them saying that there are 'small/medium/large/capital' components, but the specs on the website aren't reflecting that properly.
Thruster size ratings so far seem completely arbitrary. Looking at the game files, there are size 1 to 10 thrusters, but the sizing isn't consistent. Somehow the Caterpillar main thrusters are S3, but so are the Hornet and 300 series. Freelancer main thrusters are S2, same as the Gladius or Aurora.

The specs page has never been right and they never update it properly. Its never reflected changes to the system, and often isn't even right on basic shit.

TR is thrust rating, not a size, so the assumption is you can have a tiny TR4 but it'll be horribly inefficient, or a larger TR2 and have long legs.

The TR system has been removed from everywhere, except the holoviewer. I chalk that up to Turbulent being incompetent again, because even there they call it "Max size TR2" for example.
As of this point, there is only the arbitrary thruster sizing system, see docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k66yHsb2-bPn6kFrzeG4o_E7U9eMbXST1rhoUUl-xaE/edit#gid=1232096432

I have been outspreadsheeted

yeah they're clearly going to have to clarify that, and I'll assume it'll come when we can actually swap shit out again

I'm kind of confused as to how they're going to make that work. In one of the recent videos about flight balance they mentioned that in the past they used to define a thrust value on every axis etc. for every single thruster on a ship, but that got too complicated and they switched to another system. Currently they're just punching in numbers for speed/jerk/turn rates/time to max speed and the system then makes the thrusters however powerful they need to be to meet those performance goals.
To combine that with the ability to switch components they'd need to manually define ship speeds for every possible combination of thruster types on every ship, which seems like a pain.

Hup

Post new cutlass

What is KWA?

STOP

An org ran by a literal cuck who sucks muslim cock.

I imagine they're doing a hybrid between punching in numbers and dynamically calculating thrust, programming a curve of how fast a ship can move with a given amount of thrust on a certain axis, so that it looks like a graph.

As someone that doesn't keep up with Star Citizen as much as I'd like, haven't checked it out for about 6months.

Have they implemented any cool features yet? Is cargo/transport/jobs etc in yet? Planetary landings?

Kawaii With Attitude, it's a bunch of homosexual anime fans who talk about how liking trannies isn't gay, in discord. The premise of the org is stealing "whale" ships from people who invest a lot in the game. Their theme is nazi anime shitposting.

Except it's rather liberal, and the nazi thing doesn't make sense.

I don't even know what to feel about the fact that I honestly do not give a shit anymore

These small incremental patches bringing nothing to the game are cancerous

Any news on when we're getting this?

Will we be able to throw commies out of airlocks? Are there even any communistic factions in the game?

The room pressurization mechanic should be in 3.0, so you can eject people that way.

Why does FDev like flying triangles so much?

aerodynamics in space!

Why does cig like jet planes as drawn by an 8 year old so much?

Both are bad, REAL men like space warships that look like tin cans with radiators.

>new dank thruster sounds in ATV
please for the love of jesus christ rework the weapon sounds

I bet you haven't ever seen a floppy disk in your life.

Sure I have. They look like big plastic save icons.

ptu.cloudimperiumgames.com/comm-link//15793-Star-Citizen-Alpha-262f

>We're all the way to F already

Eh, 2.6.0 went to like L.

Let's talk about the next version number. What Chris is going to decide which is going to be release after 2.6.2f? I would say 2.6.3a or is it too early for such massive jump?

Anyway my wife wasn't that happy when I announced I spent my spring bonus money for new ships. I like to invest for grandiose ships and wait until they release the final game. They will skyrocket in value. I have a catalogue all the way from the initial kickstarter campaign.

literally what is the point? Burn another 20GB of data for the same exact experience? What is this patch supposed to do?