/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

RINGED CITY IS OUT, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED, STAY AWAY WHILE YOU PLAY IT BY YOURSELF

Dragons Edition
>hit Midir in the legs:

>Ringed City items checklist (if you find an error, please reply and correct):
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>1.11 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839063734797566

>1.12 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839596812166515

>Ringed City DLC stuff
pastebin.com/4mUsZWmv

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r3EMqibKwVE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Crucifix.

First for twin greatsword anime overload

Post yfw you realized "those fools on the outside" were actually the fanbase who wanted to keep a dead franchise alive

Which part of the games do you get bored of when replaying &assuming standard route&

Demon's Souls
Tower of Latria

Dark Souls
After Bellfry Gargyoles

Dark Souls II
Lost Bastille

Dark Souls III
Road of Sacrifices

>ywn become the Dancer's plaything
why live?

>das3 design works on uk amazon
>60 pounds

>same book on play-asia
>33 euros

I feel like the DUGS should weight like 15 kg more and the poke shouldn't have such a big aoe.

>Play through Ringed City with a bunch of friends co-op mode over Discord
>One of them kept playing loud nigra whenever one of the Demon Princes began screaming/embering up

fuck me this game is too good

Are Spears good or awful?

They're alright, an inferior old-monk IMO.

>mfw Vendrick was Miya, Nashandra was Namco, the Throne was the franchise and the BotC is Tanimura, with Shibuya being Aldia

4-2 and the swamp bit in 3-2

gaping

brightstone cave tseldora

road of sacrifices

Can anybody recommend me a Mad King Crucifix build?
I'm not sure how I should be building around this thing.

I get really fucking bored in undead settlement
It's one of the best locations in game, but the fact you gotta gather Yoel for the darkhand and early dancer kill, start Siegward's quest for the slab, and grab Irina if you plan to use miracles makes it a real chore to clear

You can't get out of sight if you're going to pass through them, unless you're going to use ranged weapons to deal with them, which is for pussies.

I honestly don't know, I replayed DS2 more than I replayed DS1, but archers are still the most bullshit thing that comes to mind when I think about it, with infinite poise + infinite stamina mobs at dragon aerie from DS2 being second. May be my opinion is biased because I didn't really have experience in souls games before DS1.

Souls game that takes place in modern times

who /crucifix/ here?

Alright aquamarine dagger is real shitty, what a shame.

what weapon is best to turn raw and buff with crystal weapon with 60 INT?

Bloodborne 2?

>DaS1
blightown

>DaS2
forest of the fallen giants

>DaS3
undead settlement

>lothric spear knight starts a poke right as you press R1
>every goddamn time, almost without fail
I'm not sure I can think of a more obvious example of blatant input reading throughout the entire series, all of them do it, but the spear+greatshield dudes are by far the worst for it

>The fact that the Demon Prince's arena is the original Firelink Shrine[...]
That true? I literally didn't notice

That's victorian. I'm talking about today's times.

>tfw doors are shit

>all these cool Strenght based weapons with ridiculous over the top movesets
>dex gets a shitty dagger, a useless bow, an unremarkable scythe, ONE (1!!!) decent katana and as a final fuck you FP based throwing knives.

Because those 10 souls per throwing knife were just too much

Meanwhile in the strenght base:

>DUGS
>Crucifix
>Gaels Greatsword
>Giant Door Shield
>Ledo's Great Hammer
>Splitleaf Greatsword
>even the fucking Ring Knight Spear and Sword are strenght based

>sequels
no. stop

Get good friend, they are not even that hard to fight. You can HA through their attacks easily. I used onimeme to trade with them which completely rekts them everytime they try to poke.

I know but what the fuck would you even do for a modern Souls game?
Guns?
If it doesn't work like Bloodborne it'd probably be shit.
Demon's Souls 2

But the katana is really good why would you need anything else. Its my new weaponfu.

>Post yesterday that the first pygmy you meet in TRC might be the Furtive Pygmy
>Get one reply
>Dude posts on reddit that it might be the Furtive Pygmy
>Gets hella upbloats
Veeky Forums is not worth it.....

How would that be possible?

We are busy talking about dicks

Only the buildings. The old chapel where Frampt appears, the well and such. You can safely assume they just fell there and the location has no significance

I know, they're not really hard for me at this point, it's just honestly fucking annoying seeing them wind up a poke 90% of the time you hit R1. I'd be lying if I said they didn't frustrate me with the stupid sideways shield slap either

>that lothric knight with the banner spear buffs
>pokes me for nearly all of my 36 VIT Ring of Favor+3 HP
>only on NG
Jesus

I've played probably about the same amount of each game at this point, although SotFS throws me off sometimes. For the ledge archers you literally just run to the one on the right and the one on the left can't see you.

>unremarkable scythe
you mean the handscythe? that's a dagger

>Tfw killed midir too late and now spears covenant is dead
>In the rare ocassion i got an invasion it was a 3v1 and the healers were already dead when i got summoned so it wasnt that fun

thanks rosaria

>played the shit out of dark souls 1
>played like 15 playthroughs on one character
>unironically had almost every weapon at +14
>had every upgradeable set of armor at +9
>farmed all the unique drops
>character was like SL400 without doing much forest hunter farming

>dark souls 2 comes around
>played through twice and then just used bonfire ascetics to get everything else
>gave up on things like the shadow set or the catarina or the visible auros set because it was tedious as fuck
>didn't once get whatever the thing merciless roenna drops
>gave up on a bunch of sets because the drop rate was criminally low and some fucking nip had the great idea to make things stop respawning
>every enemy is a big thing with a shield and comes in groups so it fucking took forever to farm some things
>had such a sour taste in my mouth I ended up not buying any dlc

>dark souls 3
>played through until ng7
>farmed all the sets and items and stuff
>bought dlc
>kind of indifferent to playing it

if I had a choice of playing one game for the rest of time it would be 1. I never did it with demon's souls because I don't know how world or character tendies work

I'd rather some Inca/Mayan or African tribal one

>Finally learned to dodge Midir
Ok, now it's time to learn how to hit his faggot face while he flails around like a retard

That dude is goddamn lethal. Fairly sure I got 1 shot by him one time when I was on my NG+ file.

The hand scythe is actually pretty good though. If you make it heavy it gets A scaling. Bring lightning stake, lightning arrow, and dark blade, and you can quickstep jew people all day. Two or three combos will end a duel.

the worst thing is the huge staircase filled with enemies in dragon aerie in any souls game

Fuck you at least dex got new shit, Hex just got a copied dark harpe, a better version of a spell we already have, and a shitty staff.

am i wrong in thinking that heysel r1 into soul greatsword was a combo? not sure if its latency fucking it up

Oh fuck that would be cool for a living armor cosplay, if it wasn't probably clientside only

The farming problem in DkS2 was fixed with SotFS.

>Play Arena at sl90 because tired of ganks with seeds.
>It's literally same fucking shit except every duel is guy with Katana, Twin Shield and Gael Sword being Reactive fuck.
>Play Reactive style with them.
>All duel end up in draw because of time out as we just stare at each other.
I miss Dark Souls 2 PvP

Also can anyone tell me how much Poise I need to HA through UGS R1 spam with Ringed Straight Sword, I swear I L2 R1'd through a Astora GS R1 Spam with my own but for some reason, I can't do it again, hell I can't even out hyper armor normal GS with 34 Poise. Does Astora not do poise damage or something?

Explain

How much days would you give the Spear Covenant until it's dead ?

>VIT
nigger it's VIG for health in 3 you absolute mong

Rayman cosplay

Maybe I'll give it another go. Can you get all the sets and items as pick ups now? Or is there still farming for the titty witch stuff? I genuinely killed all the titty witches into extinction like 6 times and ended up with multiples of everything but the chest piece and that was the last straw for me really.

You do know that if you fight the big guys the dragon knights won't attack you, right?

>Ariandel was Miyazaky keeping the rotting franchise alive
>Friede was Namco demanding the franchise to live on

Don't forget the most hilarious thing.
>every other weapon is a loot, to get the katana you have to kill the hardest boss in the game
Lmao.
You fucked up anyway, should have gone for a quality build.

>magic
I want homos to leave.
>If you make it heavy

The fatigue is real. I liked the DLC but the formula has gotten stale, especially for the people who started playing around DeS/DaS release.

All I know is that there's a shitload of them and they all do ridiculous damage and they aggro in groups and they all have like 2-3k hp.

Ariandel was the dex dlc, Ringed is the strength one, dont be greedy.

>Magic
Stop, don't remind me.

The staff is for pure sorcery builds using the dark sorceries, it's not even good for hexing.
The new Hex spell is okay though, replaced my Great Deep Soul on my attunement slots.

From what I've seen most, if not all, of the farming non-respawning red phantoms at bosses is gone. Like the invisible set is given to you by the armor guy. Rerciless Moenna's mask can be picked up elsewhere.

Is there even a reason to use a weapon besides the red iron twinblade for pvm ever in DS2?

Send help, /dsg/. Do I
>take my main character into NG+
>continue suffering on my pyro
>start a dex character /repurpose my pyro into dex
?

The reddit thread is cancerous though. If you say "there's literally nothing that suggests the npc is the furtive pygmy in any way shape or form" the response is "YEAH BUT THE PYGMY WAS MEANT TO BE FORGETTABLE SO IT FITS!!!!"

You can't prove he ISNT the pygmy, so he must be. Even though it doesn't make much sense and more importantly would literally not matter even a little bit.

>failed to load data
a-am I banned now from

DEX got all the nice movesets in AoA.

Did the comicfag deliver yet?

Beat some random guy in the spears of the church boss but felt cheap since I took him out in 3 hits or so. Should I go offline and do the real fight from my backup save? I don't feel like I really BEAT the boss

More like
>Ariandel is the fanbase shedding blood (money) to keep the painting alive
>Friede is Namco who has convinced the fanbase to keep shedding blood
>Miyazaki is Gael/the talking Corvian asking you to set fire to it all so that the new world (game) might be born

Just don't fucking run away from the drakekeepers and the dragon dudes will just stand there and do nothing.

>mfw the crows quills
Holy shit these things are fun.

>Just don't run away from the dudes who have infinite stamina, two shot you and take 3 or 4 full stamina bars to kill.

What happens if you kill the furtive pygmy?

>Like the invisible set is given to you by the armor guy. Rerciless Moenna's mask can be picked up elsewhere.
That's cool, I didn't know that. What about the painting guardian shit?

get gud (^:

First playthrough of Dark Souls II here, got summoned for Pursuer, tried to use ballista, ended up killing host.

>what do you mean i actually have to fight tough enemies now instead of running away ?

he dies regardless

>furtive pygmy
who?

>Ariandel was the dex dlc

Yes the best Greatbow in the game + the Quakestone Hammer were dex based.

The only dex weapons in AoA were the Crow Quills, the Crow Talons and Friede's Great Scythe which is more Dex/Int. Everything else was quality.

Well done, skeleton.

>stupid things gets popular in places full of stupid people
Color me surprised!

Has there been any lore about someone getting raped in dark souls?

If your pyromancer is a girl go NG+

If not start a new character.

Am I bad if I just start running around and simply don't engage Reactive people, who just spam DLC Kat's WA all time.

He drops the soul of manus.

>implying Lautrec did not rape the Firekeeper's corpse

Seems like you still have to farm that, but they increased the drop-rate. I've never really cared about any armor except for the Dingy Robes which are a guaranteed drop in NG+ so I don't know all of the changes.

When you wake up Fillianore or whatever her name was do you teleport to the future , when the world has ended or does the illusion of the Ringed City being intact break and you see reality ?

Also, I heard somewhere that at the time of the fight with Gael, only you and himself are alive in the world. Is this accurate ?

>I never did it with demon's souls because I don't know how world or character tendies work
You are now aware that this is the kind of people that post on /dsg/.

Post stats.

Pure pyro is the most fun build in the game:
youtube.com/watch?v=r3EMqibKwVE

except in TRC, you're gonna have a bad time there

>half health with tear active
>Midir kills me in one hit

I'm starting to really really hate this guy. His 10 million hp on ng+7 don't help either

It's a shitty and easy boss fight, whether player or NPC.

Neither, Ringed City and the Painting and Lothric are all preserved in Beautiful Dreamer's memory.

Seems to be.

>download ost from ds3 in the pastebin
>like half of the fucking songs are cut in half and incomplete
Nameless track in the OST is like 2 minute and a half, the real track is like 4 minutes and a half, IT LITERALLY GUTS THE WHOLE SECOND PHASE.

That is fucked up, is there a link with the FULL soundtrack?