imgur.com/a/wZ4tJ/layout/grid
imgur.com/a/AvobE

>Fancy Builds
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SNzEwaWhUWlZzN28

>Wave banks - music replacement
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SQU5Id0l6YklQam8

>Texture replacements
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SM2dHT20xTWlieGc

>OP pasta. Please use the info from this link when creating new threads.
pastebin.com/raw.php?i=X8aFHVtu

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BzpnVkJ_VW4?t=141
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bumpin' it

Good morning Veeky Forums!

I'm redoing this entire thing right now, hoping to complete it by Sunday, here's a progress update. I've only really done a bit of work on the legs and engine, thinking of adding diagonal propellers on the upper part but I have no idea how to make them look good.

Anyway I have a question - which computer looks better, the hanging one on the left, or the standing one on the right? Also, if anyone has any suggestions on what to change/fix, tell me, I'm getting lost in adding stuff that doesn't necessarily look much better than previous stuff.

And if you know how to wire the detonators to activate left/right/left/right instead of both at the same time, explain this to me ASAP, because I don't understand the new wiring stuff at all, and I'm not quite sure how to do it with just timers.

What computer?

The thingies with green screens in the cockpit.

In before what cockpit.

Oh, that. The right one looks way better.

Well damn, I like the left one better, but I'll go with the right!

Too much noise on the left one, I like the detail but it kinda ruins the aesthetics

Hell naw, nigga. The right one actually looks like a computer. It has a leg which connects it to the main power grid and serves as a support, then it has a "keyboard" and a screen at appropriate levels. The left one is way too high.

Wait are we talking about the entire airship now, now I'm confused.

Nice color scheme.

>tfw those days are never coming back

Just started playing the game on PS4. I'm surprised at how well the controls translate to controller.

I never even thought to try the controller on the PC version, I just did though, and it has a half-transparent grid overlay around the cursor when you build stuff!!!

Why the doesn't that exist with the mouse, there's just the stupid fullscreen grid from that accessory.

What? Post pic.

youtu.be/BzpnVkJ_VW4?t=141

Check it out in this video, I think I linked the time correctly, if not, just go to 2:20 or so.

Well, that's the same thing PC has, but it's easier to toggle on and off.

>that's the same thing PC has
But I just literally said I tried it on the PC and it has that. I never knew it did because I never thought to try the controller on it.

The version I'm playing doesn't have the grid, but there is a grid placement mode. I think they removed the grid once they realized that it made that one accessory redundant.

>Why the doesn't that exist with the mouse
But it does exist; you can set it at the main menu on startup. It's under Interface -> Tile Grid (off/on).

MIND BLOWN.jpg

I know, right? I just discovered it yesterday myself; it's made brick/wall placement A LOT easier.

weeeeb

This is to post the build prompt and to roll from it.
Roll.

Ugh, got some military base stuff done, but its hard to focus.

Also some uninspired ocean building.

Oh, damn, the platform stairs are pretty janky. Ill fix them later.

>nobody to play lewd adventures with
why must this thread be so dead

Because you have not been rolling and delivering.

Won't that just get Hallow'd immediately?

yeah but i dont care

>1.3.4.4
>You can now pick Corruption or Crimson at worldgen instead of having it randomly assigned.
Nice!

Am i the only one rolling? If youre in this thread, roll, damn you!

This game is shit.

Good night, Veeky Forums.

Gonna need to add more googly-eyed monsters to that edit.

Please ignore the mess, neither the left nor the right one is finished, I just need an opinion on which is generally better - thicker leg on the left or thinner one on the right? It's just a 1 block difference but it changes the silhouette quite a bit.

bump

>tfw trying to make landing pads that don't look like shit and failing

Same question as before, left or right?

bump

rolling

Is there any active serb?

Any good tips to stop building commieblocks and make something decent looking when you have almost no creative ability?

Any tips for beating the bee queen on expert? I have platform and all but I canĀ“t seem to dodge every attack

Browse through the entire fancy builds folder in the OP, be inspired by something, decide on what exactly you're building, and post it ITT for comments.

bump

Blog update, I have no idea what to do with the legs at this point.

look at some of the fancy stuff. literally copy it. build everything in the same world so that you have prompts from your copies.
make something into a sphere. fill it with stuff. make your houses off level/bilevel/loft style. hollow out a mound and dont make it square. literally knock out the walls of caves/tunnels on the surface and dont level it. make something with that random template

there are a lot of ways to break out of squares and rectangles. the key is to not think about it. it WILL look ugly in the start. you have to keep working on it and it takes a long time to make a nice looking anything. just look at airship guy. he's STILL working on his build and it looked good to start.

bu,p

>just look at airship guy. he's STILL working on his build
Well I didn't even touch it since 2015, so I'm remaking everything now.

I'm trying to make little panels that "open", ignore the shit in the middle, do the two panels to the left and right look like they slide open when you see them both or what? Left one is supposed to be open to show the machinery inside.

Should I add different backing to the part they cover or something? Or make it so that they're bigger and open to the top and bottom both?

roll

They look like drawers rather than sliding things.

Good thing you mentioned it, in the meantime I made it look EVEN MORE like fucking drawers. Goddamn.

I wish Super Terraria World was good. I want to play on a really intricate adventure map.

FML, I can't make it so that it looks like it's sliding. Maybe I should try with a door-on-hinges concept.

Or just make a uniform row of some grates across the entire hallway like on this thing.

Another attempt, I think I might be getting there, but black just isn't good.

Anyone have any complex machines, like that Bad Apple video or one that counts?

I'm absolutely hopeless at wiring, there's probably some stupidly complex stuff on the official forum. Post it if you find something interesting.

bump

>tfw can't figure out how to connect the legs to the main body so that it doesn't look terrible

Chains are round when you place a single block. Try that. Or maybe some silly balloon or some other round block to simulate a joint.

This makes zero structural sense but the balloons have an interesting look to them.

roll

bumpeeng

Be gentle, senpai

> mine shaft
> in the jungle
Could have been worse.

are mods for this game so shit because the base game is so good?

No, it's because the modding tools are shit.

>tfw you started on a small world, and can't build stuff like you want to because you're scared of taking too much place, but don't have the courage to create another world

Life is suffering

just do build world and farm world. You are stronk man!

I know, but it just feels weird.
I like to do everything on one world, alternating between worlds makes me feel like I'm abusing something

Yeah I get it, but see it this way. All materials are available in all the worlds (besides corruption/crimson stuff) so even if you make a new one, its not like you get more stuff.

Yeah, I can see your point.
I might try doing this, even though my inner autist is dying at the thought of doing shit in something else than my first world.

I use other worlds for the Ebonkoi/Hemopiranha mostly

Just use 1 thing of red wire and 1 thing of blue/green/yellow wire.

Is the ankh shield worth farming for, or is it just a bad meme ?

What if I put one diagonal support like on the left? I think that might look ok.

Most people building shit probably turn spread off.

Nothing that's actually difficult hits you with status effects, so you tell me.

I settled on this for the legs, time to work on something else.