Are these fuel system cleaner products a scam?

Are these fuel system cleaner products a scam?

It's like 5 bucks you negroid. Just buy it and find out yourself.

No

depends on what you need to clean. some parts that they claim to clean barely improve, and the only way to truly clean it is with a teardown

Use it on a BMW and have fun

>non BMW approved fluid detected
>please insert your wallet to continue

I had what I suspected were dirty injectors so I ran a bottle of cleaner. It stopped some issues I was having pretty well and it was buy one get one free. Techron if it matters

>0.01 shekels were deposited to your account

>implying I put this shit in my BMW
>implying I'm not one of the few people that does regular maintenance

I ran some seafoam in my gas and it seemed to help it run a little smoother. But my engine has a lot of miles on it and is old

>Are these fuel system cleaner products a scam?
Lucas Fuel System Cleaner has PEA whereas the Lucas fuel injector cleaner has NO pea in it. It's better to chose the PEA version

dont these additives fuck your cat?

I've tested numerous additives in numerous engines and I always come back to Seafoam and the RoyalPurple shit. The best way to tell is to buy a boroscope and check it yourself. Personally, I swear by Seafoam.

>having a cat
>not maintaining your car so you have to use cheap impulse buy products they keep near the register check out

Absolutely a fucking scam. There's nothing in them that is concentrated enough with any kind of surfactants that will do your engine any good over using good quality gasoline

That's mr cummy

Is it bad to use these products excessivly? Like every fill up?

Once an oil change. If necessary, halfway between.

Does maintenance also include injector cleaning after XX.XXX miles?

no, because real men run carbs and we clean them during rebuilds.

>carbs
>in current year

I know whats recommended... Im asking if anything bad can happen if i use it more than that. Like every single time i fill up.

your injectors get addicted to the additives

>carbs
>a...user you smell like gas. get off me I'm going to cha..home now.

Depends on the metals. If you're driving a classic with soft metal valve seats, it may cause them to crack from the difference in fuel.

I've never seen any real evidence that these do anything that the already harsh chemicals known as gasoline and ethanol don't do on their own. The evidence is spotty but I've seen some reports that these types of things can actually cause limited carbon buildup on a otherwise sparkling clean engine. If you've got a super fucked up engine then they'll probably help blow some crap off the valves/injectors but otherwise carbon buildup in the cylinder itself is a self-limiting process.

>Is it bad to use these products excessivly? Like every fill up?
That wastes your money. You would be using Top Tier gasoline anyways as it contains PEA.

If it says Lucas! Your doing it right!

These should be used as a preventative maintenance measure. It's so that you prolong the life of injectors and reduce the amount of carbon build up.

It's not miracle juice.

Stop being cheap and just run a tank full of the best fuel available every once in a while. Injector cleaners are literally high octane fuel.

Quick rundown on why I use it

>750 not staying on
>not registered and in a parking lot
>think I'm gonna be stranded
>remember I have this shit in my backpack
>dump it in
>shake bike like 2 stroke
>magically the bike stays on like normal

After some desperation with an oil leak, I tried some Lucas engine stop leak. Surprisingly enough it really fucking helped. I was down about a quart every 2 weeks or so and it made a pretty significant difference. I still have a slow leak but not nearly as bad.

As far as fuel injector cleaner goes, I only run some in maybe once or twice a year. I don't see too much difference with it. I just do it out of paranoia

I time use of fuel system cleaners right after an oil change. I assume that's a fairly good spacing for cleaning, removing any water in the tank, and it is easy to remember.

>car did not pass smog
>pour some LUCAS into my fuel tank
>car passed smog
I am pretty sure it works

Lol "Ilnowwhatigot"

Go die old fag.