/ovg/ - Truxxin' Edition

We're racing 80s soviet race cars, NASCAR trucks and Minis this weekend. More info on the doc

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/f7zgr
mega.nz/#!iYMkGJ6Z!bcSjuheEG9sGBdDewRJgIVMVrwIXsuRL6kZambv1_kI
mediafire.com/file/d3cnjonazkhk7md/lakelouise_208.zip
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1st for I forgot to update the pickup friday doc.

This week it's sort of a support race to the saturday GT3 race. Audi TT RS VLN on the nordschleife GP cup track(the one that has the fast chicane)

Race in 30 minutes!

v. cool

How should you setup an Indy car for Indy

1/1 wing
springs to softest
front ARB one click above min value
rear ARB one click below max value
63:47 brake distribution
25% diff power
15% diff coast
1 click of preload
and maximum negative camber

>want to get Platinum G3 2017 Monster Cup mod for NASCAR Heat
>have to register to The Mod Squad forum
>do it
>use 10 minute mail
>"Before you can login and start using the forum, your request will be reviewed and approved."

So this is that realistic sim everyone pays money for

Just make a normal account the community is really comfy

Speaking of turn left is the turnleft server down?

No

>Just make a normal account the community is really comfy

I really don't want to post anything I just want to get the mod. Call me a shithead but that's the way it is.

Thanks
You don't have to post anything, at least I didn't at first. If anything all you have to say is "hi I'm new here t" and be on your way out

Huh, guess I'll do that unless by some miracle I get accepted with the fake email adress

Make it seem legit though

Best racing series.

hello

sorry but you may have made a mistake. this webm isn't from /ovgt3/ season 4 so the caption is misleading. please correct this.

regards

>17 second times on the turnleft server
Wat

Drive a lap without lifting and see what happens

>63:47 brake distribution
110% BRAKING

I-I feel so dirty user..

must be the advanced Spectre Turbo SE
>BEST ANTI LOCK BRAKING SYSTEM IN THE FIELD

Anyone have a link to the paid version of lake louse for AC?

was fun racing with you nerds, until next time
streamable.com/f7zgr
t.

How come a NASCAR sprint cup car veers to the left on the straights and what can i do in my setup to completely eliminate any swaying on straights?

on iRacing btw

am i gay?

Don't. You're gonna be slower.

I don't even know if you can do it.

Yes

turn left

>get on straight
>car starts veering left
>counter steer right to keep it straight
>it is such a fine margin that even the slightest overcorrection causes you to lose the rear and crash into the wall

wow great game

What?
Keeping the car straight on the straights is literally the easiest part of oval racing.

It literally darts to the left at a fucking 30 degree angle on the straights

just drive straight and turn left when you have to lol this isnt f1 its baby stuff

Man, stock cars are retarded

I'm going back to the DW12 IndyCar, something that actually functions properly on the straights and in corners

That's how it's supposed to be. All turnleft Sims are like that.
Just practice it. I've been playing nr2003 for year and I got used to it
This is why we don't allow euros into turnleft. They think it's easy then complain about every

ya you and alonso two babies who cant handle actual racing

Anyone got the 1.14.1 to 1.14.2 patch?

mega.nz/#!iYMkGJ6Z!bcSjuheEG9sGBdDewRJgIVMVrwIXsuRL6kZambv1_kI

>start fresh file in MW2005 because I removed the vinyl from the M3 in my other one
>get to Kaze, collecting Blacklist cars along the way
>win her car but remember that it was an understeering piece of shit and that it took forever to reach 7th gear
>buy RX-7 instead and upgrade it
>win Ming's Gallardo
>"hey, maybe I can get to Razor again with it!"
>either a Gallardo, Carrera GT, Murciélago, or Ford GT every race
>don't unlock Ultimate parts until Ronnie
>JV's races are all 10 miles long so the AI has more than enough time to catch up

Is the server for the AC Nürbürgring Race practice up? If it is I can't find it.

>start fresh file in MW2005 because I removed the vinyl from the M3 in my other one
>get to Kaze, collecting Blacklist cars along the way
>win her car but remember that it was an understeering piece of shit and that it took forever to reach 7th gear
>buy RX-7 instead and upgrade it
>win Ming's Gallardo after beating him in the RX-7 because somehow he was doing half my speed during his speedtrap race and he spun out on the other courses
>leave Gallardo in Safe House and keep using RX-7
>"hey, maybe I can get to Razor again with it!"
>either a Gallardo, Carrera GT, Murciélago, or Ford GT every race
>don't unlock Ultimate parts until Ronnie
>JV's races are all 10 miles long so the AI has more than enough time to catch up

Based, thank you

what kind of settings are you guys running on your all wheel drive cars on this memefest of a game

It hasn't been updated in some time.
mediafire.com/file/d3cnjonazkhk7md/lakelouise_208.zip

>this shit again

Indycars are the same way, retard

Thanks a lot man. Drove the Grand Loop with the Alfa GTA and shit is tight. That bumpy one lane mountain section is ridiculous.

This is some top tier spaghet

yeah that road and the bumpy drift twisties are good shit. it's too bad that it's essentially abandoned because the author can't wait literally all day to load it up in kseditor

>remove all barriers, flags, vehicles and whatnot from highlands
>it works and looks nice
>somehow a number of objects such as marshal stands don't go away
>can't figure out the problem and give up
well at least it is possible to make highlands into what it could have been.

Start with negative front toe in, reduced rear tire pressure and stiffer rear suspension to increase turn in and reduce understeer which all AWD cars seem to need in this game

We're all at the ring m8

been hooning the 570s in AC, there is no way this car is THAT GOOD irl holy shit
are modern sports cars really this good? jesus

Will this Turnleft race already have a skinpack or do we do one for the first "official" race?

group photo when

Yes, but remember they're shit because it was better before.

You know the cars are literally set up so that they pull slightly to the left in real life, right?

It's turn left. You only turn left. So they made it easy to turn left.

What "80s soviet race cars" we running?

Because I just hit the touge in a stock Lada 2101 and it was hilariously fun to drift that little spaghettislav-box around while blaring hardbass memes.

I registered with my real email last night, they still haven't checked it. How long does it usually take?

when kraid organises it

I drive them then set them up accordingly. I usually run low tire pressure and at least 1.5deg of camber front and back. Low ride height if I'm building a tarmac car, max if not, stiffen the anti-roll bars and balance according to the car, use voodoo magic to get the diff right (the faster the car, the higher the numbers should be, and the more 50-50 you'll want the f/r balance).

If you want a good off road build minimize the dampening and maximize the rebound. They really screwed the pooch on that bit, so start by min/maxing that and then work your way in to the middle from there, otherwise your car will be a bouncy piece of shit.

As far as the actual parts build goes, for A class sacrifice in weight to get more grip and power. For S1 class, max grip min weight, fit as much power as you can in. B class, just leave the tires and go for handling bits and power, a gearbox can make a huge difference here with less powerful cars. For S2 class, get a race car and make it AWD, then struggle not to kill yourself and your car at sanic speeds. Aero is mandatory for S1, encouraged for A, and can be used to fuck with the PI system at B or lower.

In 5 speed cars I like to leave out the top tranny because 6 speeds ruin the experience. Wheels, driveline, and flywheel are all good options for that last bit of performance with

what do you mean?

Oooh I meant bump and rebound. You get the meaning anyways, surely.
Nice trips.

(Checked)
Sports cars were always better in the 80s and early 90s. No exceptions.

ye my nigga
the Countach is hilariously good at hooning

/r/equesting info-graphic pic with F1 drivers heights.

You're shorter than any of them

Botass is a manlet though

guy who does the skin pack is at the ring so unless i get the password to his email there wont be a skin pack for this saturday

hope lewisha bullies him

>1.14.3 Fixed replay corruption

nah, we aren't running them after all. explains why.

The cars in question were the Formula Easter cars for AC. Basically Open wheeled Ladas with varying degrees of aero

Because they were scary deathtraps and looked cool af. Nothings more fun than almost dying.

2 hours and 15 minutes until the TT VLN race. All the info is in the doc under the "AC pickups and stuff" tab.
The track is the same as with the one that will be ran tomorrow, but without the extended pits.

wew, i screwed the pooch on that one

mean to ask about the diff settings specifically

Is the forza 6 driving model better than one in da fh3?

yes

Explain.

Horizon feels like it has a drift assist built-in.

>drift assist built-in.
no that's NFS2015

yeah but I'm pretty sure H3 really holds you hand to do sicc skidz in sweeping corners while in M6 you kinda have to get-good

ha ha, time for rally

It's actually in 2 hours as from this post. I miscalculated the time zones.

Also makes sure to turns some laps before the race, because there is no quali.

Is it the default AC Ring?

Yeah. It's from the first dlc.

HOW DO I STOP MYSELF FROM UNDERSTEERING INTO THE WALL WHEN I TAKE CORNERS ON OVALS IN iRACING??

It seems like when you're turning left and the car starts drifting up towards the wall, turning left harder only makes it slide up even more until you crash

Obviously letting off the gas would probably solve it, but you're literally not supposed to be fucking lifting off the throttle at a place like Talladega or Indy

turn less maybe you're past the grip limit

you could probably left foot brake to try and load the front wheels more

I see smoke coming off the tires in the reply and hear the wheels skidding

yes you lift at Indy. Stock cars turn with the throttle, so if you gently lift and then get back on you will turn harder. DO NOT steer more to correct understeer. Have you ever driven a real car? You know that doesn't work there either, right?

How in fuck are you understeering at 'Dega? That track is flat out. Sounds like your line is awful. The inside line at Dega only really works in a draft where the cars get looser, so go outside-inside-outside like Daytona and you'll stop skidding into the wall.

How do I use the DLC unlocker? Do I just copy the .dll's and the .ini into the ac root folder?

you have to send your steam login and password to [email protected] so i can activate the DLCs for you

>It seems like when you're turning left and the car starts drifting up towards the wall, turning left harder only makes it slide up even more until you crash
That's the front tires grip limit. Slow down.

>winner still 2.5 SECONDS OFF PACE

HOW TO WIN AT ROOKIE STREET STOCKS EVERY TIME IN THREE SIMPLE STEPS

STEP 1

Don't damage your car

ovg exposed

right is the top 30 times of the month
middle is best times of the day

fucking german simdads driving karts every day