Top-selling cars with a stick in 2016 sold in the US

1. Honda Civic
2. Toyota Corolla
3. Honda Accord
4. Nissan Sentra
5. Ford Focus

Why are there no European cars?

because the people who can afford european cars can afford the superior automatic

Because besides fix it again Tony and shitwagen, we don't get any euro shitboxes. They're all "luxury" cars that don't come in manual because muh automagic

fpbp

Dieselgate hurt VW's reputation, nobody buys Mini, Audi and BMW are image cars to the general masses are are bought by the truckload in auto.

Just bought a '14 manual corolla

What am I in for? I only bought it because of the brand reliability and the low mileage and price.

Bordom

A good commuter

Lol this. Buying a manual commuter econobox is retarded.

???

Wouldn't a manual make more sense in an underpowered shitbox so you can wring all the power out of it as possible?

Buying a base model fwd econobox mated with a manual doesn't make it any funner. The fun aspects of a stick shift are countered by the absolute dread of driving dynamics offered. You'll hate traffic, you'll hate driving more, creating a chore of every mile
In theory yes but a car not meant for spirited driving won't magically become funner with a manual

My Camry would be painful to drive it it didn't have a 5 speed. Only fun part about it.

Is personally still choose a manual. Driving it is second nature to me and it offers me more control over my car. Trust me, even an econobox corolla can be fun. Besides, buying a budget car with an automatic doesn't make much sense because it'll cost a fortune to fix it when it eventually breaks

I guess I can see that view.

>modern Focus
>not european

>any focus
>not european

Even my NA market only Focus is still based on the 1st gen C170 platform.

Because Americans are too stupid to know how to drive a manual.

> Ford Focus

There's your european car

>Top-selling cars with a stick in 2016 sold in the US
>Because Americans are too stupid to know how to drive a manual.
>sold in the US
>cars with a stick
yuropoor education

>5. Ford Focus
I've been out of the American car loop, but is the Focus actually a good car now?

The automatic one has reliability problems but the current one is pretty solid if you get the manual. I think it was a good choice for a new car between 2012 and 2015, but the new Mazda 3 is better. It handles well, it's fast enough, it can carry all your shit if you get the hatchback, it's comfortable, it has all the gizmos you might want.

No one needs a stick in a car, if you wanted to go fast you would get a motorcycle.

>Mazda 3 is better
That would make sense. I hear Mazda is rather disliked in America. I wonder why?

autos with the DCT have been plagued with early transmission failure, which the manuals do not have problems with, for obvious reasons.

Asides from that, and slight cooling issues if you extensively thrash the car (get a bigger rad if you plan on tracking it), no major flaws, asides from that it looks like a teardrop shaped glob of spunk.

I'm not sure about the US, but Mazda is immensely popular here, it's sorta like the people's luxury brand. It almost has a cult status.

>going fast
>on a motorcycle

That's not the point, son