HAPPENING THREAD: GM ACCUSED OF EMISSION CHEATING

reuters.com/article/us-gm-lawsuit-idUSKBN18L25Y

>General Motors Co (GM.N) was accused in a lawsuit on Thursday of rigging hundreds of thousands of diesel trucks with devices similar to those used by Volkswagen AG (VOWG_p.DE), to ensure they pass emissions tests.

>The proposed class-action lawsuit covers people who own or lease more than 705,000 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra pickups fitted with "Duramax" engines from the 2011 to 2016 model years.

>It said GM used at least three "defeat devices" to ensure that the trucks met federal and state emission standards, even if they generated more pollution in real-world driving. The complaint was filed in the federal court in Detroit.

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/2017/05/25/gm-ford-dip-after-reported-suit-alleges-diesel-pickups-are-rigged-to-pass-emissions-tests.html
nytimes.com/2017/05/23/business/fiat-chrysler-diesel-emissions-lawsuit.html?_r=0
youtu.be/Lnwi14c4-dY?t=223
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

EVERYONE is cheating on emissions, it's just a matter of who gets caught and when.

If all these cars actually met the standards set by people who know fuck all about cars, nobody would buy them and they'd all just get used shit that actually runs and drives well.

>emissions was a mistake

There's no such thing as new carbon.

>i have a shitty chebby wit a DI gas enigne
>its only a matter of time before i get monies

Wut

its gonna happen bro.

gm fangirls on suicide watch

lel GM fangirls will defend this

I think the question should be "who ISN'T cheating emissions"? If nearly every car maker has to cheat emissions, then there's something wrong with the emission standards.

>has to

BTFO once again

watch them defend it
>hehe u dont like smelly engines i bet you are some lefty ecocucks! GM is good, climate warming is a lie!

>just don't sell diesel trucks when every competitor offers them
yeah that'd ruin a brand pretty fast.

cnbc.com/2017/05/25/gm-ford-dip-after-reported-suit-alleges-diesel-pickups-are-rigged-to-pass-emissions-tests.html
>Shares of GM fell as much as 2.7 percent on the news. The stock later recovered some of its losses, but still ended the day 1.8 percent lower.

Say it with me
BTFO
T
F
O

Lol at all these losers having meltdowns in this thread

hey you dropped something, here.

lmao.

Fpbp

btfo.

Please catch Toyota, I would like a buyback offer.

Meltdowns aside what did anyone expect?
ICEs have to have emissions it's what they do. You can't legislate away physics.

>"ford" included in URL
>CTRL+F not found on page

what did he mean by this?

interesting, I did not notice this either.

Right now I see
>26 replies
>16 posters
1 poster posted 10 times.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. My number of qoutes seems interesting

>only one person is triggering me!

They all are. Everybody tests turbo engines off-boost which is technically cheating. Just like all professional athletes use drugs but only a few get caught.

>people are forbidden from dumping memes
stay salty GM friendo

I know your thing is gm trolling, but I truly feel sorry for you.

Assuming this is a new person, now we have 17 posters
You're the same person and samefagging. I feel even more pity for you.

really makes you think eh.

imagine being this autistic lol
btfo

>1 poster posted 10 times.
do people call you dumb on a regular basis?

im not you retard.
posted only these.

have a taste of my OC filthy GMfag

also daily reminder prez/o/ WILL create one of those
>why havent you bought a corvette yet?
threads in next 24 hours to damage control

>baseless claims

I will wait until they actually find proof
>see if I can nab me a cheap diesel chebby after

Everyone, except for Tesla, is cheating.
It was just a matter of time untill another big manufacturer was caught, it is just fair that it hit a burger company this time.

sperg more

>Alphonse has joined the session

Shit's gonna get good.

ive been here the whole time. i was just posting under user.

Wait...dont you drive a GM truck?

Now you know why I shitpost so much

>the absolute state of prezo

Nice quads.

>be liberals
>whine about "muh environment"
>buy a car that hurts the precious fuckin environment

>emissions meme
How many cars piss oil everywhere?

>get bailout money to save your ass
>release only disappointing piece of shit vehicles since then
GM should've died

lol gm fangirls thought they could sweep this thread under the rug

nytimes.com/2017/05/23/business/fiat-chrysler-diesel-emissions-lawsuit.html?_r=0

"""The federal government filed a lawsuit against Fiat Chrysler Automobiles on Tuesday, accusing it of using illegal engine-control software to enable its diesel-powered vehicles to pass emissions tests."""
who the fuck cares, everyone cheats

lol they defended it

Dammit GM! I keep supporting you and you keep fucking up!

0.3 less seconds of lap time have been deposited in your Nurburgring record.

Thank you for correcting GM's record.

Except Ford.

>blows off EPA bullshit
>"fucking up"
Huh?

gm fangirls on suicide watch

We don't know that yet.

In all probability they will also be sued since the other manufacturers couldn't find a way to make the power without cheating that means there's no way Ford could stay competitive without also cheating.

Government is gonna take a lot of money off of GM... That is the definition off fuckin up.

Government giveth*, government taketh.

Oh the irony lmao.

>*2008 government bailout

bump

>be liberal
>say battery cars are good for the environment
>ignores battery production industry

>implying that isn't factored in
electric pollutes less. deal with it.

I would like to see how they calculated it.
All that open pit mining they do in china for those rare earth elements cant be good for the environment.

it's already factored in. stupid autist. sperg harder

>tfw you live in Jew York and daily an 8 mpg small block chevy with no emissions equipment

Can you reference how they "factor in" these mysterious pollution variables and conclude that electric cars pollute less than internal combustion powered vehicles instead of throwing insults and posting smug anime girl pictures like some moronic bait throwing poster who is responsible for the slow deterioration of this website since they usually cannot back up their claims so they resort to an hominem attacks which shoo away any real discussion and only leaves bait posters in their wake?

>can you please spoon feed me
No. The EPA factored it in. You're the same cuck who gets triggered every time. I'm not going to post the same image. stay mar

It would be nice if you did post it since it would not only inform me of how they "factor in" pollution created by electric cars.
It would also prove to other people looking at this thread that electric cars are better for the environment.

But I guess you've grown tired of proving your point so you've told me to "stay mar"

I, on the other hand, think the electric car industry isn't as cracked up as they make it out to be.
Its more of a "there polluting over there so don't worry about it" sort of solution and wont do anything to save the planet that you have apparently grown tired of fighting for.

fpbp

or 2 posters 5 times
or 5 posters 2 times
or 3 posters with 2 posting 4 times and 1 posting twice
etc.

sperg more
>t. gm's marketing team

NICE DIGITS

Nobody cares. A ton of truck buyers just delete their trucks anyway. With how Trump is handling the EPA, they hopefully won't have any power to do much of anything anymore.

Does Veeky Forums really care about emissions?

T.catless straight piped supercharged v8 chevy owner

The shills don't seem to understand the diesel truck community.

.thread

gm fangirls actually ragequit

>It said GM used at least three "defeat devices" to ensure that the trucks met federal and state emission standards, even if they generated more pollution in real-world driving.
That's because emissions tests are NOTHING LIKE REAL WORLD DRIVING

>Does Veeky Forums really care about emissions?
No, not for us and our few shitboxes but I can see where millions of new cars need to have emissions controls or we'd have brown skies.

>replying to the LOL U MAD!? troll

sperg more

@17272312
You won't be getting my (you), sorry.

sperg more.

One doesn't simply delete their posts, Cerberus. How's the samefagging life treating you?
Pic related.

Almost forgot the picture, sweety.

i have no idea what you're talking about
drake poster isn't me tho. you're delusional.

CERBERUS B T F O

cool samefag, cuck

>lol
youtu.be/Lnwi14c4-dY?t=223

Only samefag here is you
>inb4 FOTOSHOPPED!

>baited into a screencap

you are correct, I am the drakeposter.

This is the most correct post in the history of Veeky Forums. I can practically guarantee that every car company does one or more of the following:
- Emissions/fuel economy cheating
- Tax avoidance/mitigation
- Cutting corners on production
- Bare minimum adherence to safety standards, pretty much only luxury european cars even try to make their cars safer than is demanded by whatever organisation is in charge of maintaining safety standards amongst auto manufacturers.

they didn't calculate or consider shit, this faggot is lying out his ass.

they believe that all these electric cars will be charged using solar stations and windpower, lol.