BMW M240i

>335hp/370trq
>new B58 engine
>looks good
>easy to see out of
>RWD + LSD + 6 speed stick

Only problem is that it'd be hard to buy a 1-year old one for 20% off, because badgewhore normies prefer 3-series automatics.

Good car Veeky Forums?

>No dipstick
>pedestrian safe design
>tiny windows

these baby M cars come with LSDs now? Neat. That was one of my main complaints about the m235i.

Now they just have to fix the numb steering, fake enginet sound in the cabin, and the ass-tier exhaust and I'd consider buying anything after 2013

does it really come with a LSD?

the noise is not "fake", it is being recorded and played back from the engine bay

Sorry man but that's fake and gay. I say this as a current e92 owner.

the 2 series is the only good current line of bmws.
i feel like all the old farts left over from the e46/e39/e38 days were pushed over to make "the cheapest one" by the newer engineers who are obsessed with being a shitty mercedes knock off

and so, they did their magic and the 2 series is good all over

I looked at getting a 2-series because I wanted something small, but their numbers are too low to find decent ones.
Not enough people bought them to find good used ones, and not enough people buying new to find what you're looking for from the dealer.

Your best bet is to special order one from BMW.

>fake enginet sound in the cabin
Pretty sure the 240i doesn't have this.

Can't you just disable this in any BMW by pulling a fuse?

Something like that. There are tutorials on YouTube.

Great buy

Well, if you don't care about the fake noise that is,

>fake noise
Ignore this moron. He doesn't know shit about cars. The M240i doesn't have BMW's Active Sound.

How much is that thing? Like 50-60k?

You can do wayyyyyy better for the money, hell a lightly used M4 or M3 is probably cheaper. Do you care for american muscle because a 2016 1le Camaro SS will do circles around a M240i for much cheaper.

>BMW
>The Ultimate Depreciation Machine

While I totally get that a Camaro would destroy this thing on a track, I want a nice daily just as much as I want a sports car. Easier to park, better visibility, nicer to look at, not as attractive to cops/street racers, less chance of interior developing vibrations and rattles (I'm sick of buying cars that do this).

roughly $44k

why not just get a 1er

The selection of amazingly clean slightly used cars you could get that would shitfist the baby M is pretty massive. But if you're insistent on buying new then go for it. Sure you'll be happy

What about the RC F. Looks badass and is faster round a track and checks off all ur boxes

>baby M
that's no M
baby M is the M2
it's so fucking heavy

>>The Ultimate Depreciation Machine

That's not Mercedes.

also I doubt it is faster on track than the m240, it's more like on par since the M2 destroys it on track according to memelaps

Except the M2 is actually a M car. This is just the most expensive trim on the cheapest possible series lol.

>no performance exhaust
>no upgraded brakes
>no M-specific suspension
>no S engine

what? you mean rolls KELOL

Sorry I hate modern Lexus styling and want a manual

Yeah no one cares aside from autists on this board, honestly

looks like a good buy imo if you can afford new or CPO and no weird shit on VIN.

Lots of car enthusiasts elsewhere on the internet hate speaker engine noise too

Even Ford's sound symposer thing gets a lot of flack despite being relatively a lot more "authetic" than BMW's method

>looks good
>coupe

Eurasian detected

>ass-tier exhaust
The M240i actually sounds better than the M3 for some reason. It still does not sound good, but it sounds better than the cacophony of metallic farting that is the M3 exhaust

>Implying he'd even need an SS to destroy the M2 Jr.
>When the V-6 1LE is only a little under a second slower than the M2
>And there's a good price chunk between them

I can get why one would go with the M240i over it though especially if user doesn't care about tracking.

Shit forgot pic.

How much does it cost to repair a turbo from bmw?

more than you can afford pal