Would one of these be a good daily driver?

Would one of these be a good daily driver?

>2004 Toyota Tacoma
>Regular Cab
>5-Speed
>4x4
>2.7L 4cyl

Also daily driver thread.

that'd be great

but from my own personal experience, you'll wish you got one with the extra cab.

but I drive a regular cab small pick up stick shift regularly and it's fine.

Yes. Good daily

I would love to DD something like that. If it's just yourself there shouldn't be a need for a larger cab.

That's aesthetic af. Do it

No. Just get a civic for 3k.

Well... do your driving and hobbies/work make need of a trucks utility?

Early 2000s Tacomas have trouble with rust, but if you live in an area not prone to rusting (namely the south US where it doesn't snow) they're pretty great.

Very high demand for them, too. My grandmother had two of them.
When she passed away, we had 20 people offer condolences and an offer to purchase one of the trucks in the same sentence.

tacoma or ranger?

The general consensus is that rangers are a better value, but tacomas are more reliable and will last longer.

I daily mine, MPGs are underwhelming but power feels comfortable for carrying stuff once in a while. the suspension is great for dirt and stuff but streetbumps suck if driving without any load.
this if you live in a state with winter unlike my commifornia

Any specific questions?

Do you know roughly what your MPG is?

Is it a pain in the ass to haul 4'x8' sheet goods?

Ever have issues with overloading?

I get 22-24 MPGs most of the time mixed driving with quite a bit of uphills. my best was 28mpgs driving out to the desrt and back (flat highway driving)
I carry 2x4s more than anything but you I think you can fit 4x8 and lump it over the tailgate just fine.
as for overloading pay attention to your tow rating.most i've carried was like 500lbs

oh also i have the 2RZ which is the 2.4L
the 2.7 is pretty damn close on fuel consumption but don't expect high numbers

>first gen Tacoma

BALL JOINT
A
L
L

J
O
I
N
T
S

Thanks for the info

I'm in the market for a daily driver and side-job hauler, probably gonna jump on the first reasonable tacoma or ranger I come across

What kind of place do you live? Rural america? I wouldn't imagine driving something like that in my city.

Get the extra cab. It's a massive pain in the ass having a single cab, if you've got a bag or jacket and you want to carry a passenger you'll soon miss that little bit of extra space

Ranger

Reminder that the S-10 exists and is omega kawaii.

best small trucks

Chevy
Toyota
Nissan
Ford/Mazda
Dodge/Mitsubishi