Fuck Rotary

I really want this car but I dont want to deal with the high maintenance and terrible reliability of a rotary. But I dont want to tear out the engine because apparently swapping out a rotary is like destroying a museum piece and it makes you more hated than Hitler and ISIS combined

Then don't buy a rx-7.

maybe you should buy a car that you actually want then

fuck the haters

purists are shit stains on the community

buy it and drop a sbc in for cheap

its faster and more reliable

tpbp

>2011+6
>caring what people think

but I REALLY want it

You sound too stupid to Google the like 2 things you need to do to maintain a rotary, so it's best you leave them alone anyway.

Nobody gives you shit for dumping the wankle except a small handfull of faggots.
If you popped an LS in there you would probably get more compliments than critism.
That only leaves the fact that you suck too much to pull off an LS swap.

>terrible reliability of a rotary
stick to the bus kid

fun fact: 99.17% of posters who recommend engine swaps have never actually seen an engine.

check out similarly styled cars like the Porsche 944 or C4 Corvette. Will probably save you a lot of money that you'd otherwise drop on an engine swap

>Porsche 944
>saving money over anything

944 parts are pricey, but the running costs are much cheaper than a new engine.

If you're too pusspuss to handle rotary, then look into Mazda KL-ZE or KL-DE swap.
Or V8 swap it, I can't tell you what to do with your life.

for the price of a good 944 you could buy a pre swapped RX-7

why would you want to buy a dorito-spinner just to bitch about the wankel and swap it? It's the automotive equivalent of complaining about Chinese cartoons on Veeky Forums, if you don't like it then there are plenty of alternatives to choose from.

Get a fucking hatch mustang retard.

Rotary engine is the original fidget spinner

just buy one and put whatever motor you want in it who gives a fuck.
if its like a mint condition completely original one thats one thing.
but if its just any old rx-7 thats probably gonna blow up if you don't baby the shit out of it and spend every dollar you earn on it its not worth it.
most of the 'purists' that are gonna hate on you probably don't even own or have owned one.
enjoying your car and having fun is what its all about. if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong

Is it true that it is good to mix in some oil with the fuel on the rotary motors?

yes, but only low ash 2 stroke premix oil designed for fuel injection.

Idemitsu is whats most commonly used

Either learn how to maintain a rotary or fist the purists and swap it, I personally don't see the issue if you do

What if you have a carb'd rotary?

except fidget spinners are reliable and people want them

But they both help us to identify Autism. Just because it evolved doesn't mean the rotary wasn't the OG

All RX-7s (even 12A) will have an Oil Metering Pump. Which as long as it's still functioning, automatically does the job premixing is trying to accomplish.
The OMP can however be removed if not properly functioning, or otherwise desired. You will need a block-of plate and a new OMP gasket to seal it off. TC-W3 oil is fine. Look up what ratio you need to use and funnel some into your near empty fuel tank before filling.