Broke as fuck

This was painted with harbor freight paint guns, harbor freight sander, water traps on air compressor are from harbor freight. Still shocked it came out this good.

Did you paint the door jams?
Do you have experience?
If I can paint my car on the cheap without it looking like trash I'll do it.

those are one time use guns

looks decent

>one time use guns
This. Don't even attempt to re-use them because no matter how hard you try to clean them out, they'll never offer the same result again.
t. fell for the harbor freight paintgun meme

That's a nice fuckin color.

NOT PAINTING IT WHITE REEEEEEEEEEEEE

That actually looks pretty nice. Good job.

>he doesnt clean gun before paint dries

hurr harbor freight suxx LOL xd

I had a professional paint it with a harbor freight gun. It's my shop and tools so saved on that. I'm in about 4,000$ with materials and labor. Also had to put 3 patch panels in. Those guns work more than one if you clean then right away.

This will make the purists bleed from eyeballs. Rear bumper delete. It's being buffed as I type this.

Bumper delete, door jambs are painted. Everything got paint.

That looks amazing imo. I might have to attempt this because I wanna replace my front fender.

By the way fuck painting it white. I have had several people whine that it should be painted the same color as a refrigerator. I hate white cars. The key to a clean paint job is a sealed paint room. I nigger rigged this one with plastic and duct tape, lots of holes and leaks in the walls.

>have uncommon bird
>decide to fuck it up with shit paint job
>not even the better color for that year
Wew there lad

Holy fucking orange peel

I hope you plan on spending 20 hours minimum wetsanding and polishing that, because that looks shit.

Hate to say it, but you should've done all the prep work and put the money you spent on tools towards having a professional spray it in a booth.

Once its wetsanded and polished ill post more pictures. It's not a shit paint job, don't need a 700$ paint gun if you have a good painter. It's my car I'll paint what ever color I feel like. Fuck baby boomers.

i paint for a living and i gotta say bro you did a pretty decent job good job and keep up the good work also if you look hard enough you can get good paint guns cheap i bought my iwata w400 for under 200 bucks also i have a harbor frieght orbital palmsander and i love it it has never failed me

It is in a professional paint room, but it was built about 20 years ago so it needed patched up. Holes were patched with duct tape, plastic, staples. It has an exhaust fan and filters. The car had very very minimal trash in it. The guy is a pro painter but he is out of work, I am paying him slave wages. Also had another painter look at it and he was shocked at how good it looks. Pictures don't do it justice.

>20 hours

how slow do you work?

>amateru prep work

This same job in a "real shop" would have cost $10,000

What about Veeky Forums always shitposting about $600 paint jobs?

Maybe they know a guy.

A 600$ paint job is possible if you use single stage paint. A kit with primer and paint from Eastwood is around 250$. Single stage paint will hide lots of defects and is good to practice with. Going to do my bronco II, and my pile of shit 240sx in single stage. They will probably look like shit since I won't have access to that paint room, the building is sold so I have to be out of that side next week.

Some of those people wrote up enough detail as to what they did and how, so you should have been able to check it out and verify yourself.

Maaco. No prep work. Just spray over the old paint, half-assed masking job, overspray everywhere. $600. Get what you pay for.

i can see the orange peel, you didnt paint it in the correct enviornment and didnt allow it to dry before adding additional layers

its still better than maco but still far from proffessional

wut? if you do all the prep yourself and bring it to Maaco it won't be bad at all

source: the previous owner of my car did exactly that and the car is fine.

They aren't one time use you retard, you have to completely disassemble them for cleaning after every use, not just taking off the chrome nozzle, you have to take it completely apart and soak them in paint thinner and blast them out with brake part cleaner then compressed air, you also need to scrub the insides with the bottle brush included in the box.
I've been using them for years and they work great.

anyone who would pay a shop 10k for an orange peel paint job is a retard

Nice

Seriously why go through all that, when I've picked mine up for $11, $9, and $15 each time I've had to use them and have had the experience of using a brand new gun each time.

It takes 3 minutes to clean the gun out, if you clean it out right, it's exactly the same as spraying with a new gun.
Stop being retarded.

If I'm already in Harbor Freight buying equipment for a paint job, it's really not much more, and saves me a couple minutes.
Sorry I don't try my best to re-use everything because I'm a lazy bastard, but you're acting like I'm fucking up a 150 dollar paint gun. If I had something better quality, ofc I would take better care of it.

I must be the only one to like orange peel in paint

Can't you just fill the reservoir with thinner right after painting, and blast into a bucket or something?

You literally have to clean the gun a at minimum a dozen times to do a paint job, from epoxy primer to urethane primer to base coat to clear coat, every time you switch what you're spraying you need to clean the gun, this is assuming you're laying down coats on the entire car at once and not doing it panel by panel.
You're going to have to buy 20 or 30 guns to paint a car, vs just spending 3 minutes after you spray to clean the gun so it's good to go again.
You're fucking stupid for even trying to argue this.
Are you scared to take the gun apart?

That wont clean it out thoroughly. which is why he says it'll never spray right again, because that's probably exactly what he did, and then the gun turned into a piece of shit that doesn't spray right anymore.
You must fully disassemble it to clean it, the gun comes with the stamped metal tool to do this, it only takes 3 minutes to clean the gun after using it.

>Are you scared to take the gun apart?
No?
I'm saying after I'm done with the job I just toss it in the bin. Why would I toss it in the bin after every coat?
The first one I bought didn't work right when I went to do a second paint job on something else months later.
If I use a new gun on every new job I can guarantee (to some extent) that I'll have zero problems with the gun.

>Why would I toss it in the bin after every coat?
Because you must thoroughly clean the gun before moving to the next product to spray.
You realize that the gun comes full of oil and you have to clean it before you can even use it anyways right?
Christ man, just clean the fucking gun, I've been using the same one for 2 years now and it has worked flawlessly every time.

>Don't even attempt to re-use them because no matter how hard you try to clean them out, they'll never offer the same result again
t. doesn't even know how to properly clean a fucking paint gun

Don't bother giving any painting advice since you obviously don't have a clue what the fuck you're doing

I still don't understand why you're getting this mad over me mistreating a paint gun that has literally cost me an average of $11.60 each time I have purchased one.
As I said before, if I were to purchase better equipment, I'd of course take better care of it, but Harbor Freight stuff is for thrashing on.

could have been better. but considering you only spent like $800 its pretty good.

ppl complaining about peel are dum. god invented sandpaper and polish for a reason.

Mad bc can't afford to get another or is a horder

Because if you're doing a proper paint job, you don't just use a gun once, it must be cleaned and filled with the next product to use.
The fact you don't even understand this means you've either never actually painted before, or you have no idea what you're doing and paint everything you've painted incorrectly.

but Horror Fright does suck.

>doesn't clean the gun right
>blames the tool
You suck even harder tho lmfao

Except I do understand this? What part did you not understand where I said I keep using the same gun for the same job. Of course I clean it out between primer, basecoat, and clear.

My point (which you keep on missing) is that to ensure better results whenever I begin a new paint job (usually many months later) I just use a different paint gun. Harbor Freight isn't top quality and there's no reason to put so much effort into keeping something around after it's done it's job.

P.S. I'm not lol.

Could you make a list of what all you spent on all of this start to finish? Always wanted to paint but it's intimidating as fuck. Good job cummy

>buying high maintenance tools that require valuable time to attend to their needs

allllrighty then. I'd rather buy bulletproof shit that I can use and abuse yet still performs than shit I have to waste my time babying or else.

about to paint in like 20 mins. wish me luck.

lmao look at this furfag having a meltdown

>Of course I clean it out between primer, basecoat, and clear.
>backpedaling this hard
lmfao you fucking retard.

Starting from the ground up you need, compressor, paint gun, rotary buffer and pads, DA sander, sanding blocks, sand paper for said blocks and DA sander, paint, primer, epoxy primer, clearcoat, mixing cups and sticks, guide coat, tack cloths, wax and grease remover, can of bondo, hammer and dolly set, respirator and probably a bunch of other shit I can't remember right now.
Expect your first paint job to run you probably 1500-2000 dollars if you're starting from nothing, but every car after that will just be paint and primer and sand paper needed, so like 4-500 dollars if you're buying nason products and not chromabase or some other expensive ass shit.
Eastwood is a great supplier for hobby painters since their products are really well priced and they have basically everything you need in one place.
>it costs more so I don't have to clean it
Enjoy your multi-hundred dollar paperweight

>he doesn't use an army of 20-30 harbor freight paint guns for painting his car
lmaoing at your life poorfag

Everyone has a problem with slave labor until they find out that it saves them money....

a car with orange peel wont be reflective and the surface will look like it has the same texture as an orange

There is such a thing as factory orange peel, lots of cars come with a certain amount of orange peel in the paint and as a painter you have to be able to replicate this factory orange peel.
You can't repair a car door or something and have the door be glass smooth and the rest of the car looking orange peeled, it looks out of place and indicates that the car has been fucked with.
It comes in handy to be able to re-produce a certain orange peel texture to match the factory paint.

Yes.
Well done. That is correct.
No one else knew what was going on in this thread until you pointed that out.

>I must be the only one to like orange peel in paint
None of these guys, but I am forced to like it because the rest of the metallic red car has factory orange peel. When I took it to King (a large competent chain) for body work due to someone hit-running my new car, the shop assured me they would match it properly including the factory orange peel so that the one part of the car would look the same as the car WITHOUT wax.

So, it is quite possible to do TOO GOOD a job of a repaint on a section of your car. More quality is not always better when it results in a mismatch with the rest of the car.

Harbor freight is fine, once.

You didn't paint right over that shiny paint did you?

>There is such a thing as factory orange peel,
My new chevrolet definitely has it but the wax job hides it pretty well. I remember when cars didn't have orange peel like my old old chevrolet which was a very super smooth metallic blue with no peel at any angle of light.

Are the factories just rushing out the paint jobs now and not letting the paint settle down before applying the coats? That orange peel makes me think they reduced the amount of liquid to make the paint thick. Then they sprayed everything in one quick thick coat pass rather than 1st_half_paint_spray, wait, 2nd_half_paint_spray.