/dsg/ Demon's/Dark Souls General

RINGED CITY IS OUT, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED, STAY AWAY WHILE YOU PLAY IT BY YOURSELF

Feasted by Locusts

>Ringed City items checklist (if you find an error, please reply and correct):
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>1.11 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839063734797566

>1.12 patch:
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75839596812166515

>Ringed City DLC stuff
pastebin.com/4mUsZWmv

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Can we all agree that the timeline and the lore in DS3 in fucked up?

FRIEDE, BRING ME MUH FLAIL

Fuck you all, Gael is better than Orphan

i accidentally sent patches out for greirat after beating the game
if i beat the nameless king, will he come back? nameless king and midir are the only bosses I haven't killed
plz help

WHERE

IS

THE

CURRENT

TIER

LIST

i have no fucking idea whats playable and what not. I want to make new builds but have no idea if its gonna be for nothing

no

Wrong

nth for best covenant

>plan enough story for one game
>make 3
It was doomed from the beginning

True

>15 estus flasks
>People still can't clear this dlc

go to bed Peeve

>i have no fucking idea whats playable and what not.
Play it and find out.

>I want to make new builds but have no idea if its gonna be for nothing

You get 5 respecs on every character every NG.

t. Couldn't get him to his second phase
Red artorias + BSB + orphan wings copypasta

Tiers for what? Raw damage, pvp viability?

Just use what you want nerd. I'm on NG+7 and I have like two dozen weapons fully upgraded that I cycle between.

>return to the game after launch
>still literally 0 ways to stop or punish shitters from just chugging estus like there's no tomorrow and summoning 4 phantoms

It's all because they couldn't just have Filianore take you somewhere totally new that was definitely after the end of the world where there's nothing left but you and santa claus, or at least to the abyss or something
Instead we had to go somewhere that clearly came before all that because muh boxart finale (and probably cut content knowing this DLC)

His delivery has also gotten progressively more annoying over time. It's like he's bought into all the "omg such a smooth voice~" fangirling and now he's just trying way, way too hard and it sounds forced and fake.

I think people at this point aren't as willing to dissect things on the level that they were back when there were only one or two games in this series.
It certainly seems that way around here at least, when a lot of lore questions people ask are met with "convoluted lol" and nothing else.

>because no one cares about Gael
>he's literally irrelevant in the grand scheme of things
Not true.

So is that friendly locust fella that you talk to the same guy or are there just multiple non-hostile locusts that like to chat?

undead match

Lmao
I FUCKING LOVE GOUGH DUDE

dunno i need something with high AR, is capable of spanking ganks and a second, quick punishing weapon to slap gulpers.

I was using the astora GS but the weapon art is shit and the AR rather low. Not feeling like using the exile GS.

Mad King Crucifix looks like the best damn Halberd in the game, plus it's metal AF.

What stats/buffs do you guys recommend? Worth doing some 60 faith dark blade shenanigans? Or 66 str human pine resin? What is the best way to build it (SL130 btw)? Having an actually good non-ultra weapon with the insane giant club R2's makes me horny.

Dark Souls I was a great stand alone game, Dark Souls II was alright as a separate story after SotFS, and I could accept things being vague before the Dark Souls III's DLCs, but why the fuck would Miyazaki keep adding new misterious lore and creatures in what's supposed to be the very last piece of Dark Souls content?

Because they keep summoning 3 phantoms making bosses giant HP pools with a gorillion defence

wait what? what's the lore implication?

>forgetting Orphan lightning

He was the original champion who started the fight clubs so he could loot the corpses of the losers

>Tripfag

So the Dark Souls grants you the ability to be anime? uh, nice I guess

"You dont own AoA but we want you to participate in shitter central now with 2 more maps"
There is no lore implication but watch Vaati make a 30 minute video on it

So when can we expect Dark Souls 3: Savant of the Primary Transgression?

Greatsword, Zweihander, Ringed Knight Paired UGS, Smoughs Hammer, Ledo's Greathammer, Dragonslayer Greataxe, Yhorm's Great Machete, etc

Any of those will do the trick. If you're SL100+ and have the equip burden to spare Ledo's Greathammer is one of the highest AR weapons in the game right now. Shits on ganks if you play it right.

Literally just thought of it because I remembered him cry/shrieking

Cries of "pointless fanservice" or "more shit no one cares about", which do you prefer?

I honestly don't even know what the fuck is going on, moreso than usual as someone who doesn't have a very deep understanding of the lore. Between the paintings, warping forwards/backwards or whatever etc. I honestly just play DaS3 like a small child 'ooh aah'ing' at the pretty things.

Are there only two Spears rewards?

>Come back for the DLC
>No Lucifer
>See kobra posting
>Now this Tripfag
What is even going on in here

you might not like it, but king's field is canon now.
better rev up those emulators if you want to understand dark souls lore

Rate the Bait: 10/10

Make a fanfic of how patches was the champion gravetender and he'll steal it.

Mindlessly consuming media is stupid and cancerous. That's what the Souls general has become, ironically the community that was once special is now no different from the one of, I dunno, Assassin's Creed.

Very sad. Makes no sense coming here.

When the series was smaller and fewer people but more dedicated. Now every fucking casual and /v/ person gets it to prove their "gamer grit" and as a result there's shittons of people who give no fucks.

The general went from my favorite place on the web ~8 years ago on /v/ to an irredeemable collection of faggots, and a handful of people suffering through it while enjoying dark souls.

This is why I think there was such a huge split with BB.

>You will never play Dark Souls 2 2 with all the cool stuff, mechanics and concepts that were cut of the original game being implemented and refined

tripfags went on to shit all over better series, souls is dead

>if you want to understand dark souls lore
Thankfully I couldn't care less.
Wouldn't mind playing KF, though.

No who?

Why must you remind me of this suffering

Yeah but I want to kill them in places with actual consequences like on the way to a boss.

There's just a ton of people here who started with the latest games and spit out stupid shit like "only Humans can Hollow." There's been more lorefagging in the past week than I've seen in years.

proofs?

This screams virgin
But I hate These fags too

kobra's here? I want his kenshiro build!

Is that you Dorkmoon Lucifer?

>Gets easily triggered by Bloggers
kys

>Wouldn't mind playing KF, though.
Different beast entirely, but still really fun. I'd recommend it.
I think a lot of you guys have some insane rose tinted glasses on. There was for sure a 'golden age' of these generals on /v/ and such, but things went to shit (imo) a lot quicker than some people are willing to admit. Those days were cool, but I think a lot of people here and elsewhere aren't willing to come to grips with the fact that, maybe they are just burned out with souls games in general.

right here my man

whats the best kings field game?
I remember playing the first one a while back but I felt that was too dated for me.

I liked the other user in the last thread
So I'll keep it going
Dark Souls 3: Student of the Premier Malefaction

>can't get steel soldier helm without ugly aventail
>can't get crossbowman's version of deserter armour, with a much better mail texture

Going to fight Midir for the 100th time, /dsg/. Rate my build.

Dark souls lore is done. It was beautful in ds1, a little weird but OK in ds2 and now they've fucked it. They'be told the same story three times whe changing slight things and names to add one or two "little" lorebombs, but all they do is fuck the lore up. No joke, the majority of dark souls 3 lore is retcons of what we've been told before. Anyway. Here's Gael.
Gael is tasked with retrieving the blood of the dark soul for a super special awesome painting, and no one including him thinks he can acrually do it. Queue wacky adventures and he ultimately finds the dark soul and the Pygmy Lords who possess it, but they are long dead. Unable to collect their empowered blood yet so close to his goal he makes a heavy decision; he attempts to consume them to gain the dark soul, the logic being that if he is successful than his blood should be dark soul-infused. When we find him he either thinks it is too soon and he doesn't have the soul yet, so he fights you for trying to stop him. He attacks you because he wants to deliver the blood to the painting himself (for all he knows you're gonna kill him and teabag him and leave his corpse to rot). Or most likely, the soul has begun to corrupt him

Looks familiar....

>no ketamine on the hotbar
Fake.

What are you going to play when this General dies in few weeks?

KF2 and 3
or 1 and 2 in the US

4 is an okay game but it's slower than the rest for no reason and its lore is totally unrelated to anything

a-anyone...?

This.
>you are now aware that Dark Souls was 6 years ago

>Different beast entirely
I imagine. For what it's worth, I got into DS because it is the closest I'm ever going to get to a HD, real-time Vagrant Story.
KF looks a good bit more primitive than VS, but I think I'd dig it. All I really ask for is monsters and NUMBERS.

>tfw forgot to take off the name

So did comic-user finish his DLC2 edition and did i miss it or is he still working
I did get the version some other user made.

Were the demon princes copied from Paarl darkbeast?

the giant door shields are worth the price of the dlc honestly

Jesus christ.

also
>40 END

mfw I beat the DLC with 12

>What are you going to play when this General dies in few weeks?

Lol I don't like but nlime you homos I'm not gonna suck on shit because I was told. Dark souls 1 was great, with amazing lore 9/10. Everything after has been a fucking shitfest designed to make us pay for crappy dlc or play other old shit we don't want. That doesn't mean its good in a different way now, its garbage now. Overall the series has concluded as a 2/10, dark souls 1 will forever be remembered fondly and the sequels will be remembered for killing it and raping its corpse. Dark souls sucks.

Why the FUCK does Yhorm's machete consume so much fucking stamina? It's nearly more than any other weapon on 1-hand.

wtf did you use with 12 END? dark hand?

>fighting gael with lmao2gs

Behold this city!
We are kindred, belike two eyes which gaze upon the other.
Fear not the Dark, my friend.
And let the feast begin.

At this point I'd prefer fanservice, adding new stuff is fine if the story is closed properly, like Gael, his story feels kinda vague but you knew about his intentions from the first DLC.

I'd have been quite happy to meet one of the primeval serpents again, since they were the only characters guaranteed to be unkillable in the original game.

Probably gonna play New Vegas at last, or complete Doom which I stopped halfway through.

>that everything
the fuck is this
is
is he trying to fatroll Midir?

Yeah, it really is nostalgic to think back on Demons Souls generals on /v/. Totally different atmosphere.

Here you go
Maybe I'll finally kill myself dude
I ALREADY FUCKING RELAPSED SO WHY NOT, MAYBE I'LL JUST GO SULK IN ANOTHER GENERAL
IS THERE A POINT

Because it's a giant machete

why would it die?
you don't think dark souls was the last ARPG series from is going to make, do you?

Buuuhuuu, bitter baby

This is what I get for playing a jap game though, have they EVER not skullfucked their own lore? Jap writing is the saddest shit in the world.

>152
>Pyromancer
>Dex ring
Holy fuck...I'm gonna... *hurk*

Dragon Slayers axe
I went into the DLC on a new character at SL72.

You only get one or two hits into bosses, You really don't need much stamina.

I still have 12 END and PvP with it.

Can you parry the WA form of Aquamarine dagger?

Thanks my dude

YAY NEW (and final?) COMIC!

We're in the post-modern age of the internet, where ironic shitposting is king and if you take things seriously you get ridiculed.
>it's just a game

Yeah that's my point, its really, really bad now, its tragic. If there is one good thing from keeping up with this saga its that anyone who thinks dark souls last 1 is good either didn't play 1 or has shit taste..
Tell me, is 3 the only one you've played?

So Friede is Yuria's sister. Makes sense that the painter is related to Kaathe in a way then.