What is the most reliable engine ever built?

and why is it pic related?

these engines can go over a million miles if properly maintained

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volvo_Redblock_Engine
leftlanenews.com/2002-f-350-powerstroke-passes-1-million-miles-still-counting.html
youtube.com/watch?v=TL7fyyUNRmA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

not only the engine, the car itself.

i once met a guy who did a million km with it not too long ago.

Cummins 6BT by a long shot

7.3 Powerstrokes can get up to 1 million as well

chebby enbine is gooder

any N/A ej25 stock

bait

Chevy pushrod v8 old new anywhere In between. Low end torque, over built bottom ends, simple proven valve trains.

If gas engines this. Diesels are easy mode

>Mercedes 240D mentioned nowhere
Guys, come on.

LS1

Corolla and Civics from the 2000s

Ls400 confirmed for goat

These engines get run until they burn more oil than diesel. And even then, they still run, it's just no longer economical to drive down the road.
Source: Sis has a W123 240D ***Four Speed***

Detroit made straight 6's.

Nobody has mentioned boosted rotaries? My friend's dentist's cousin made 35PSI on his 12a rotary camero and it has over 500,000miles on it

2001-2003 1zzfe (the one with vvt-i) had piston ring issues

Probably something out of a Volvo. Those cars are fucking lame as hell, but they are AWESOME for reliability and commuting. I wish I had a reliable Volvo DD. That way, I wouldn't have to put so many miles on my Corvette lol

The 5VZ-FE (used in the third gen 4Runner) is my gold standard in terms of reliability. I've never heard of one lasting less than 200k miles.

F O U R

P
O
I
N
T

O H

Nah. Rotaries, from what I understand, need those damn seals replaced every 100,000 miles and that is literally having to tear the motor down to pull the rotors out and replace those bastards.

That's only if you have the valve timing set wrong

I have an sc400, want to trade?

>drive a million miles
>waste enough money on gas to buy three other cars
b16 any day. Tune it for 45mpg or tune it for 300whp.

The 1uz was engineered so even niggers can own it.

>Ford reliable
You shouldn't be allowed to speak of a cummins.

>head gasket meme
>shit power steering pulley
>ringland failure
Yep, totally.

Literally bulletproof, you could probably run this thing using canola oil instead of motor oil.

kek, true

this. redblocks are fucking amazing.
their modular engines are also very reliable, but the redblocks still come out on top.

>Those cars are fucking lame as hell
TAKE IT BACK

As the other anons said though the redblock is fucking indestructible, though. Shit, even when something goes catastrophically wrong it's a non-interference engine (remember those?) so you don't end up with an unholy union of piston and valve.

Pic?

>ringland failure
That's only the turbo ones, NA isn't stressed enough for it to be an issue.
>shit power steering pulley
Never even heard of that. Nothing wrong with mine.
>headgasket meme
I'll give you that one but anything newer than 2004 doesn't have that issue, and just about all of them pre-2004 that did have been fixed at this point, including mine.

What engine is this

Follow the conversation, man. Volvo Redblock slant-4.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volvo_Redblock_Engine

>en.m.
why can't we ban phoneposters

Because it's the most autistic thing possible to be triggered by

Not the most reliable but the L series engines (L28 in particular) are pretty fuckin reliable

No Ford 4.6? Specifically the detuned-to-hell SOHC version in the Crown Vic.

I pulled apart a 200k mile l28 that still had cross hatching in the bore from the factory.

pretty stout.

Ford 250 Crossflow. Straight six making max power at 3900rpm. Good for a million miles.

But niggers shouldn't own it,

These are cars for white people.

When "most reliable" is not subjective.

Nissan RB30

Hasn't he rebuilt the engine like 4 times though?

>I have no idea what the fuck I'm talking about, the post

leftlanenews.com/2002-f-350-powerstroke-passes-1-million-miles-still-counting.html

ive been considering a '97 volvo 850, should i buy over a corolla?

I think that's the guy with the 3 million mile P1800.

>No fan shroud
>worst swap ever

cast iron mercedes diesel from the early 80s
they dont ever die
oh and you can run them on kitchen grease so thats a plus
theres a rumor of a W126 diesel in south Africa that has well over a million miles

are serious replies allowed?
because the most reliable ICE would probably be a low revving two-stroke diesel like they're used in large ships.

F

pre-combustion chamber diesels were the shit, fuck direct injection.

ringlands are 08+ WRX/STis
never heard of power steering pulley
After the HG is replaced on the older ones they can go for hundreds of thousands of miles.

only motor certified by the FAA for airworthyness

I have seen quite a few of redblocks that while still running are only making power off of two or maybe three cylinders. Yeah they won't actually die.. but they can be in the dieing process for quite some time.

For gasoline, the most reliable is probably the ford inline 6 4.9. When the engineers use gears as they fear a timing chain on a understressed OHV engine might not last long enough.. it means the engineers have quite a long service life in mind.

I always thought that cam gears were quickly ruined by the knocking stress on the cogs caused by the cams. That's why later OHV used chains too, no?

Gonna have to say L series aswell.. When you consider they are used in construction equitment and as a marine engine its pretty easy to understand they are reliable.

>reliability meme
any engine can make it 500k+ with proper care.
hell most of them can make it 500k without proper care.

the cars become clapped way before the eninges.

if by proper care you mean overhauls, then sure

>most engines can do 500k without proper care
no

Saabs B207 and the H series are pretty bulletproof too, a lot of 900S have crossed the million mark

no I don't mean overhauls. keep pretending your shitbox has merit because it can do something most every other engine can do.

there's nothing to break. if the tolerances are good the bearings are never going to spin in 500k without being abused in some way.

Why would you ask us a question and then immediately answer that question? Your thread is stupid. Faggot.

This guy is right, most engines will long Outlast the cars they were originally fitted to. There are obvious exceptions, Subaru EJs, rotaries, Ford duratec, but most engines will do 500k with proper maintainence.

junked out 351w is best engine

rolled over 300k miles, only started burning oil on startup, (little bit of blue smoke puffs out on start and then stops)

cant wait to fuck it up by trying to rebuild an engine for the first time in my life

From personal experience I have to say the second generation of GM 4.3 V6. The 88-94 are really durable. I have over 325K on mine and have never even took the valve covers off. It has been in the family since 50K miles. It's really durable and takes a beating. A lot of people I know use them in project vehicles too.

Side note it's coupled to a 5 speed and I get 25mpg.

Old Red or The Onion

3v master race, zero rebuilds and its blown.

I still see a fuckload of Astro work vans left. My neighbors Astro has around that with only oil changes.

Any engine that see's usage as a fleet or work truck gets respect in my books. They get abused with little maintenance and have to haul around the weight of the truck and cargo. That's a little more impressive than a 2500lb shitbox that gets meticulously maintained and used to get groceries.

Yep lots of Astros around me! They just won't die.

740/750i, the rest a shit

VQ35DE and VQ37HR, though they may burn oil, they last forever

Currently at 220k c:

>these engines can go over a million miles if properly maintained

That's every engine ever.

tearing down a rotary is easy enough even for a five year old though

2/10 shitty bait

>BMW V8 from the 90s/early 00's
>More reliable than any other engine listed

What is Nikasil?

I'm really jealous of all the 90s Lexusfags in here. I'm looking to get an 89-99 LS as my next car. Always loved them.

6 bolt mains, properly capped cams. Everything mounted correctly and securely, loom is completely sealed.

There's a 750 with 560.000 Kilometers for sale here lol

5VZ-FE with a manual trans is what I would go with

Another option is the 2uz-fe
Generally toyota has made the best engines for reliability
Few exceptions exists
2zz oil pump gear can fail at 8,000 rpm
7mgte headgasket was not torque correctly from factory due to last minute material change
22R is great unless the water pump is not replaced every 60k miles

Toyota automatics might be the longest lasting in the industry
Fords and dodge automatics are the worst
A million hard mile 4.7l tundra

youtube.com/watch?v=TL7fyyUNRmA

never seen this image before. Saved

>750
>"A" 750 with piles-o-miles

plz.
My SBC will be running long after that 750 is recycled into half a dozen kei cars.

What is a SBC?
Shelby Cobra? lol

1.9 TDI

They aren't known for doing that consistently though, Volvos and Mercedes from the 80's are known for odometers going well past that.

Please be trolling

Small block chebby

Small block Chevy, yo!

Good thing the junkyards are full of them. SBCs have mediocre reliability at best. The best thing about them is when they blow, there's 20 waiting at the junkyard to be had for cheap to swap in.

Seriously, you build 100 million of them and at least a few should go a million miles.

spotted the fag with no car due to his car breaking down because he doesn't have a reliable engine. stay mad bitch

I got two LS400's a 98 and 97 I posted earlier in the thread if interested

I'll post more pics when I get home

I'm in Cali btw

I can't even afford to look at a car right now user otherwise I'd be interested.

its actually the ford 250 series. they will do a million and half miles and just get on with the job...

or semi engines will easily do 5 million miles... take a seat lexus you aint even in the same league

Came here to say Ford 4.6, specifically the Crown Vic.

Every other part of the car will eventually break, but the engine itself just keeps going and going, 400k+ miles including mad amounts of cop/taxi/drug dealer idle time.

CVPI tranny blows out at ~120k if you ever have fun but w/e

The last revisions of the 4.6 2v are stout but the first ones were not the most reliable engine. Especially compared to the ford's i6 300.

Well the 97 is the one for sale and I'm in Florida so I don't know if those things are a deal breaker for you but I'd still like to see the sc400 pics.

No worries user, you will get one someday soon and you will love it even more knowing how hard you worked for it.

Pic unrelated btw just a nice looking LS imo

How much is the '97? I'm in Florida as well and been trying to get a 97+ LS400