Was he a hero or Villain?

Was he a hero or Villain?

hero

villain

Why though

xD

Hero, he was England's own Napoleon or Caesar. a reformer who had the balls to take down the corrupt rulers so that he could better his country.

He was a hero and a villan

>banned christmas

Villain.

Pure evil.

t. Seamus Patrick O'Finnegan

Irishman here, Cromwell was a great Republican

English
Irish

I wish christmas was banned instead of being a joke it currently is

He burned down Will Shakespeare's theater

villain

>let's chop of the king's head cuz he won't persecute Catholics as heavily as I want. Oh and he has rails on alters. And religious art. And Christmas. And plays. ABSOLUTELY HARAM
>proceeds to dissolve parliament and make himself an absolute dictator far beyond what the king's power was

America wouldn't exist with out him.

The king was clearly asking for it

>gets captured
>tries to negotiate terms to put him back on the throne and bring back the status quo
>fucker breaks out and causes yet another fucking Civil War

absolute madman

Pure good.

t. William Carson McBoyne

Parliament would live to regret it.

Hardly. Think worked out for the best when Charlie came home.

>Hardly
They beheaded Cromwell from the grave and everyone who signed Charlie's death warrant was put to death, so I'd say so.

Religious nutjob who had auditory command hallucinations from "god".

Today he would be diagnosed with violent schizophrenia and institutionalized

Parliament as a whole benefited from the civil war though.

Just a man of his time

not much he did that wasn't also the will of the religious nutjobs surrounding him

>instituionalized
>2016

he would be pumped full of mind altering substances. which either work, make him feel like a zombie, or make him even crazier. He would then shoot up an abortion clinic. Then be put into a crazy person prison.

Not really. Their priority was to stamp out Catholicism High Church Reform, Christmas, plays, etc. Virtually every single act they passed after the King initially fled London, was repealed after the Restoration. Their major accomplishment was causing tragic and profound damage to the country.

Literally the ISIS of his day