/ITALIA/

Welcome back to the superior SOUL & PASSION general.
ITT: we praise our Alfa Romeo gods and show the italian souls we have in our possession.

Other urls found in this thread:

autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201702202503075
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>the multijet twins

Non hai niente di meglio da fare alle 6 del mattino?

5* dio cane

Estava a estudar.

>soul
>passion
Codewords for bad engineering desu

Give me three reasons why I shouldn't buy a 2 or 3 year old 500 abarth. And no I don't want a fiesta st

I've got the punto multiair turbo, much nicer than the diesel

Too bad your "soul and passion" gets shit on by pic related. Enjoy having to pay for overpriced maintenance on an overpriced Fiat because it always breaks down.

7'.32''

because you could get an older alfa romeo for less, spend the difference on fixing it, and have more room and same performance

>Diesel Punto

>Older Alfa Romeo
>Live in burger
Those where when alfas where shit and i already have an old project car.

>Those where when alfas where shit
so alfa was shit more than 25 years ago?
>wants an Italian car
>doesn't want a project

does anyone have the pic of some anime guy saying something like

>italians keep making cars without understanding electronics

Abarth would be a DD tbqh famalam. And they definitely were shit back then

then get an abarth, doesn't sound like you'll enjoy it though, things haven't changed

I haven't done any glaring problems on abarth since I've started researching them. If you know something I don't though, I'd love to hear it. I can't find anything but people on the forums orgasming over them

I would have bought the multiair turbo. But there weren't any MY2012> with that engine.

wiring, especially in the rear hatch, is prone to random failure at low mileage, and the FWD nature of the thing means that it drives worse than any AWD hot hatch
beyond that, the 500 is shit as a primary car, hope you only have 1 friend, and he's shorter than 6'1"

who here /alfista/

I might switch to a Giulietta qv soon because I live in the inner city so parking is a bitch and I never even have people sit in the back of my 159

This
German cars have more soul than italishit, only germans don't advertise it
7:27

Hi, my Austrian friend.
Just got back from washing my fathers 159.
On the left under the blue car cover is my second 156 V6.

Grüezi. Are you the Swiss bro from the car rate thread a few days ago? Silver 156 and the small license plate would make me think so.

I like the new alfa emblem on the 159. I was tempted to get the new style too when I replaced mine because the color faded but I opted for the original one.

You got a pic of the blue 156? Man, yesterday I saw a 156 GTA in red and it looked so fucking good.

Gürss Gott, yeah it's me from the rate thread. And you're the one who wants to paint his calipers green.
Sadly I haven't got a picture of the other 156. But it still pretty much looks the same.
I plan to merge the two 156's because the one under the car cover is a bit rough on the outside but mint on the inside and the engine. After that I plan to get myself either a Lancia Thesis V6 or a 164 V6 Q4.

yeah that's me.. still haven't had time so far for the brake calipers

man... i'd love a 164 but they are so rare that there are only 2 for sale in austria and they're total trash and no v6

do you have the new alfa logo on the 156 too? looks like it on the pic

>diesel punto

>Italian cars are beautiful machines
>but horribly unreliable

>Japanese cars are "meh"-looking machines
>but incredibly reliable

Why can't Alfa Romeo design the car and have Honda stick the drivetrain in it?

Because

Why would anyone want a honda engine in an Alfa?
They sound like shit and have the torque of a lawnmower.

>Fwd is bad
That's not a mechanical failure, they're pretty damn fun to drive desu

And yeah if I need a bigger car to haul people around in, I'll just borrow my dad's Lexus

Yeah, I've got the new one on the 156 too. It had a black one on it when i bought it and the Scudetto was wrapped in black foil. There are currently over 10 V6 Alfas for sale in switzerland right now.
One of the biggest selling points of an Alfa is its engine. God forbid swapping it for a Japanese four-banger.

V6 Alfas meaning 164 V6

Wheres the next gen Challenger/Charger you fucking spazgetti goombas?

Nice to see this general
Yeah, know the feel, that's why I have 147. Thought about Giulietta, but for budget reasons went with 147, you know keeping extra in case something happens. I just love it
>pic related my car interior...

I wish I still owned an Alfa.
My next car I think I'm going to have to buy another one. Maybe a 916 gtv v6 I love their rear end.

That's cool, get one!
I wanted the whole scudetto matte black and the rest of the chrome stuff matte black too and a black logo but then I thought that was too much so I got a regular logo and only plastidipped the upper part like on a Brera or spider

The 147 is a fantastic car. What engine and what year? Do you have an exterior pic?

Redpill me on pic related.

>mjet is so ashamed of his italian piece of shit he doesnt show outside alfa/fiat shill threads

The main issue people have with the car I have found is driving position. It puts you fairly high up so it has a little bit of a van/suv feel to it. Its not really bad for normal driving since you can see ahead of you a lot better but if your speeding around tight turns you may feel it sway a bit more than if you were closer to the ground.

Other problem is that if you don't get the 2017 model then you kinda fucked for any infotainment which other makers have covered so much better in older models.

For my insurance the low power is good but really it should be set up to be 180bhp on the base model and then 200+ for others. I have the 160bhp model and I would still rather have a bit more power. Also the Competizione model has a garret turbo over the lower end models IHI version meaning it can be chipped to run in that 200+ range.

In the end there are a tone of better hot hatches out there but personally the Abarth appealed more to me since seems way more enjoyable to drive and while something like the ST is a better car its just a bit bland.

>2005 JTD Diesel upped to 220hp. With Q2 diff mod and Bildstein suspension and better disc brakes.
>exterior pic before mods.

See that's how I feel. How long have you had yours? They are done of the most fun I've ever had in a car. Hands down. Any mechanical issues? And I mean the stereo has an aux cord and the speakers can be upgraded. That's about as much as I need.

Nice.

Pic related is the best non GTA 147.

>Ducati Corse Q2

Every V6 is a Busso engine, so they're basically the same but for the displacement.

The late 3.2 V6 is the pinnacle, one of the best 6 cylinders ever.

Can I Post ITT?

My dick

I've only had mine for a couple of weeks really so I cant say anything about the mechanics of the car.

I know as someone mentioned there are a few issues with the loom at the boot lid getting caught and torn but haven't seen any issues on mine.

The stereo aux and usb mp3 playback is all fine it just lacks bluetooth streaming which sucks but you can get a usb stick to solve that but wont be able to control the song through the wheel controls. Stock speakers are ok and fairly sure they should be easy to replace but havent tried it. They are just a bit more tinny than I would like but I can live with it.

Also try and find one with the Record Monza upgrade as it sounds so much better than stock.

My Mum also has the base 500 and she has had no mechanical issues and had it for 7-8 years I think now. Like with any car if you look after it then you should rarely have any issues.

>Every V6 is a Busso engine, so they're basically the same but for the displacement.
Latter V6s were actually GM-based blocks.

No I meant the 2.5, 3.0 turbo and 3.2, they're the same base engine (the user was talking about the 164) that has evolved through years.

This is a not so expensive and hell of a fun ride

id drive it for sure.

Yea it sucks

nice memes

"This is the day, Rin! This is the day we finish high school and my father buys me a car!"
"Uwahhh, my father says I must work for mine. I just want to go to the beach and look at boys! Can we both go to the beach in your car Yasuko?"
Yasuko nodded, holding her bag to her chest. "Yes, of course! We will go to the beach in my new 500C with it's red roof! I can fold it down and we can feel the wind!"
The two girls passed the entrance to the school, Yasuko looking up and down the road through the thronging mass of girls. Then:
"There Rin! There! I can see its face!" cried Yasuko, pointing. "And there is my dad!"
"So cute! Lets look closer!"

As she got closer, Yasuko's lips pursed. "Father, what is this?"
The man's smile faltered. "Uh, but it's a Fiat 500 of course Yasuko!"
"It isn't a 500C! Where is my red folding roof? What are these red stripes? And why is there a wierd ugly red and yellow scorpion badge on the front of the car?"
"Oh... you really wanted a 500C huh? I.. I got you the sunroof option!"
Rin looked around the car. "You have to say it looks good Yasuko-chan! I like the white and red look. Look, those seats look super comfortable!"
Yasuko looked inside. "Not even red leather seats! What are these? I'm glad I am not fat!"

Her father looked at her pleadingly. "A-at least take it for a drive Yasuko! Besides, I can't return it yet. The dealership is closed now for the weekend."
"But you didn't even get what I wanted! Humfh." Yasuko crossed her arms and gave her father a flat stare. "Ok, I'll drive it. But I'm taking Rin-chan. You can walk home!"
As she and her friend got in the car, her father gave a meek bow, before turning to start the walk home. Jacket hooked over his shoulder, he permitted himself a wry grin as he heard the exhaust burble into life and an exclamation from the open windows of the car.

Having an Abarth in his younger days never did him any harm...

REBORN FROM ASHES ALFA ROMEO

Looking good dude!
>tfw you've got more horses than me in my 2.2 JTS 159

Muh dick
Manual or auto?

Yeah I agree and they don't even sound as good as the busso.. I'd still own one

Very nice! I think I'm the only person that likes the pre facelift more though lol
What engine is that?

Burger here. There's a 2013 500 Abarth with 36,000 miles for $13,000 nearby. What's everyone's opinion on it?

Coglione

>italian cars
>ever

That's pretty much what I'm looking at. One of the few cars I'd buy an extended service contract for.

Going to have a look at it today, as well as some 124s
>inb4 imposter car

500 abarth is stupid fun and a bit now practical.

>Muh soul & passion

Says the Toyota-fag.

Red pill me on the alfa GT
I don't know if I should get a Brera or the GT

ye

Didn't even bother test driving the 124, the 500 Abarth was so much fun. Think I'm going to go with it

Never seen or heard of Alfa till the FCA merger. I went to a shop and found where they're all hiding.

>The red 75 (Milano for Burgers)

HNNNNNNNGGGGH

>never heard of alfa Romeo

?????

This one?
What aren't you understanding? I have never seen them on the road, in fact still haven't.

>soul as in what it takes from you
>passion as in suffering
>fire as in electrical fires
.cont
blown head gaskets
rust rust and more rust
broken door handles and window winders
disintegrated shift linkages

I'm hard as diamonds brehs
>rust
Alfas don't rust anymore since the late 80s unlike some Germans..

iirc Italian and French auto mobiles in late 80 and early 90s started with zinc galvanisation dip as normal

Saw this walking through kyoto today my dik tuned rock hard instantly

*turned
Also fuck phoneposting

Ffs whatever u get the point

STEAL IT

Fug I need to buy one.

>Same image, same filename, different file size according to rotation

What did your iPhone mean by this?

Beats me dude the original photo was oriented properly but got rotated. I rotated it hoping it would orient properly when posting but that time it didn't....

Why do I want this so much? I don't even like Fiats

>autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201702202503075

It was the cabrio and I wasn't sure how I'd feel about it, but having the top down and being 5 feet from the exhaust tips was downright glorious

Did you try one with the stock exhaust or the record monza one?

One of the things I sacrificed the Turismo edition to get the Yamaha Racing one. Sounds a lot deeper and the pop is a lot more satisfying. Love just flooring it down a road and hearing it pop at every perfect gear change.

Just the straight pipes desu. I'm in a small town and it's the only Abarth around so I can't be too picky, and I like the sound anyway

I heard japs have been buying them from here in Italy and importing them to Nippon for quite some time now. They seem pretty obsessed with this car considering the little presence of japs in rally. But after all the 250 Evo 2 from the "La Collezione" limited edition were specifically made for the jap market.

Bad wheels choice though, they look like those from a Quattro

is it true it doesn't have a mechanical connection between brake pedal and brakes? I've read about it in a newspaper and nearly puked.

That sound so good. As much as I want a cabrio, it's just another electronic thing to break

The Japs got also this beauty: 155 Zagato.

>TI.Z was the model equipped with the 2.0 Twin Spark engine making 170 or 190 hp depending on year

>GTAz was based on the Q4 but tuned for 215 hp

The GTAz was a fucking beast

>1.3 diesel FCA plastic shitbox
>soul and passion