/wtg/ - War Thunder General

Best Plane Edition

>Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>place to actually discuss the game that isn't /simg/
reddit.com/r/warthunder

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H1_cSnYKSKbU6Giql2bMDdFoXefeq6ENWuvjQbtquMs

>Sound Mods:
moddb.com/mods/b0riss-sound-mod/forum/thread/support-for-sound-mod-in-warthunder-165153

first for how to play bearcat stock

first for vegeta should kill himself

Can we all agree that the Hind is trash?

nth for NATOboo tiers

No it's amazing

the fact that it has more ATGMs than the Apache speaks wonders

The Hind and the Apache in game are trash.

Keep the tanks, drop the helos

It has more ATGMs than the Apache but the Apache should have better missiles.

However War Thunder is shit and has modelled the 2 missiles identical so the Apache is at a disadvantage for no reason

whats the best helocopter in War Thunder and why is it this thing

These modern tanks are unironically the best thing added to the game in over 2 years

Arcade

>Funtionally identical to the Hind but with less ATGMs

wrong

Haven't played in 3 years.

Is the F8F still good?

>Hind with Vikhrs

REEEEEEEE

To all the people who wanted to add helis to the game, you were right they are a lot of fun. They make great skeet target especially against guns with such high velocity that you barely need to lead your shot

>functionally

not aesthetically, this bird is slender and agile

It's because you don't have to grind for the tanks, shells, parts, skill on the crew, you have unlimited respawns, and don't have to worry about SL and/or GE. You don't have wallet warriors, having to worry about uptiers since everybody is on the same level.

You can just hop on a match and play to your hearts content. It is everything War Thunder is not. If they do introduce them next year you can bet your ass they'll never be as fun as they were these days. I don't want to imagine what the grind for Tanks will be if they add 6 more tiers.

Anyways, I'll go back to playing this event and enjoy it while it last. Maybe squad up with some buddies and enjoy together.

Such a beautiful machine.

Both helos are utter shit though.

Not only this but the Hind gets more missiles

THIS

Fucking this.

The gameplay is the least War Thunder like because you are not playing to grind, and basically just playing to have fun with tanks and helis and thats fun in itself, no stress if you lose or do poorly just like in any other WWII shooter, because you don't lose anything, you may have lost time but that time is not lost in addition to RP you could have been gaining if you performed better, so theres no stress, just fun.

This event is fun.

Gonna be sad to see it go, not likely gonna return to WT either after it, with 500,000+ RP before I can unlock my first jet, I'm fucking done.

I play for fun in my Tiger 2 H and Chieftain.

Everything else is pain. But this gamemode is so much fun.

this
really hoping this sprouts into a new postwar game, it's fucking free money right in front of gaijin's eyes
AW just committed suicide and people are looking for a good post war game
if I wasn't banned on the forums, I would totally pitch this shit to gaijin

>playing bore blunder
kys!

>Has the Apache with Hellfire A so the missiles are laser guided
>Still has to have a fantasy version of the Hind which uses Vikhrs even though no Mil helicopters have ever used Vikhrs

really makes me think lads

My mistake. It has Ataka missiles,

However it's still a more modern version than the Apache :^)

yeah, literally same here

That sounds like a pretty good idea. Gaijin pls stop making 1945 heavy tanks fight 1960s main battle tanks

What happened to AW?

People decided that they didn't want to grind out another game when they could go back to their other game that they grinded out in,

Am I the only one who find this event great, but proves that this new meta doesn't work?
The tanks are too "perfect": I know modern tanks handle well and they are probably like this irl but they drive too arcadey, with the stab you can just run wild and it turns into a fuckfest. The guns and optics also show how the maps would need to be much bigger since now if you get to a vantage point you can spawncamp from across the map easily. And the helis are just a gimmick, if they add them either they keep their atgms and they'll stay far back lobbing them on the whole enemy team or they get nuked by AAs or tanks since they are easy slow targets.
The only good addition is the smoke screen that should be added to all possible tanks.

Dev team switched. New dev team want to make to to a 100% WoT clone. Community said nah fuck you and left

Planes can easily wreck helis, we Battlefield 3/4 now

Wasn't AW essentially a WoT clone in the first place? I've never played it but it just seemed to me that way.

Just need heatseeking missiles now to even the playing field.

double the size of every map. air-to-air missiles. Make flying past mach 1 work. best game 10/10

Helicopters should be great ATGM ambushers, but knowing Gaijin is unable to design a map to save themselves suitable for it.

how do they keep getting away with it

So we got:
>2 fully modeled tanks with interiors
>2 Helicopters with a helicopter control system
>a new map with new assets

Tier IX is real.

Air to air missiles would never work past like 1970s models, with realistic performance anyway

The War Thunder community is too dumb

>a helicopter control system
The helos were ported over from Apache: Air Assault

Air to Air missiles wouldn't be very effective in the first place since gaijin would keep nerfing them because the average jet pilot cant figure out that turning throws the missile off course. Hunters would be extinct though.

That's not the issue, they'd try to outturn it right away, bleeding their energy away while the missile is still acelerating.

So then the forums would be full of "WAAAAH WHY CAN MISSILES HIT ME WHEN I TURN"

Though to be fair the missiles in the current time frame of Tier V are useless against anything smaller than a B-29

>cap a point
>maybe kill a few tanks
>die and respawn in a helicopter
>drop missiles on top of shit and use the SP from those kills to get more helicopters

Actually a really fun event desu.

>Bombershitter complains about ww2 bombers fighting jets
>doesn't know that 262s saw combat during he war

Bomberniggers are subhuman

>zipping around in a leo 2 blasting initial D while sending T-90s skyward
never had this much fun in ANY game EVER
armored warfare just seems like shit compared to this

>B-29 screeches in All after dying
>I had to pump over 100 30mms into him because MK108s are the shittiest 30mm in the game while in real life 4-5 hits downed anything

I'm updating this game atm just for this event.

I haven't played in over a year.

>tfw no abrams tankfu

it's fucking worth it, no goddamn joke
just play the leo, T-90's a goddamn tinderbox

>Posted as I slam a ATGM through your turret

>T-90
>bad

The turret is covered in ERA and the ATGMs fucking suck lmao

Just use sabot nigga

>leopard2
>ERA

You mean applique armour

>Leopard
>ERA
You mean bits of angled armor that get blown off with one hit.

How to properly employ choppers?

>posted as it misses because I'm going warp 7
all the T-90s I've cooked off would like to have a word with you
there's a lot

>Circumstantial evidence means I'm right
No.

>T-90 rounds corner facing you
>Shoot sabot at his lower front plate
>ammo carousel goes off like firecrackers

then I guess I'm just good
also checked

>Leopard peeks out around corner
>ATGM to his face blows him up
I can reference things that happened in a battle too.

But that never happens because the ATGM is fucking shit

Except it did, because it isn't.

Why use the ATGM? The sabot round is generally much better than the ATGM due to velocity and sheer travel time required to get to target.

+50 GE

>Leo cunt hiding behind rocks with a small part of his turret visible
>shoot ATGM over the rocks and into the top of his turret
ATGM's have there uses.

whats up with these april fools achievements?
what do you get from them?

wow, you sound really mad dude
Try learning how 2 missile

I can use the missile dude, but the APDS is far more reliable for me, just because you're a shitter who needs literal guided shells doesn't mean I am too senpai

you could also use HE but whatever floats your boat

Of my 30+ kills in the T-90, 12 have been with ATGMs. Just because you're a shitter that cant kill anything with literal guided projectiles doesn't mean I am too, senpai.

>APDS-FS
>ATGM

but the HEAT-FS is best

KYS

atgms are literally heat, but better

ATGM fag just kill yourself before I ammo rack you

>no A-10
>no Su-25
>no F-22
>no Su-35
>no M1 Abrams
>no Chally 2
>no T-14 Armata for that extra Russian Bias

Dropped the ball fampai

Friendly reminder that if you cant kill anything with guided missiles you're just a shitter and should kys.

someone I was talking to said that it's possible for them to switch from the T-90A and Leo 2A5 to the M1 and Chally 2 halfway through
wishful thinking, but you never know

I for one welcome our new metal overlord!

I missed the Mechs, the giant snail, and the pirate ships.

I was there for the ponies and I'm glad I'm here for this one. Surprised it's running for more than one day.

So helicopters have a gross advantage over SPAA with their atgms

Remember when they said they'll "lower the RP cost" on American tanks after filling out the tree? They'll probably pull the same shit with this, and tier 9 tanks will cost about 100 million RP.

>in stock 5.7
>first thing I see is a T29 when I spawn

>Flying SBD-3
>See P-51D
Yes.

is...is war thunder actually a bad game?

>Gaijin graciously announce they will lower tank RP costs
>they nerf RP gain right along with it so nothing really changes grind time wise you just think it does

I wouldnt be surprised even, hell I would be surprised if they didnt do that.

>tank's turret ring is barely visible
>no fucking round could fit through the gap
>every death is through that fucking turret ring
fuck off piece of shit game

It is a good game but the Gaijew mechanics that they use to make their money make it hell. If they upped the gains in RP and SL, lowered the RP Requirements for Tanks across the board, and stopped this business model of adding more purchasable content to get more money. Then it would be a great game and it would attract more people to it.

>Every IS tank

Yep, Gaijins own greed is slowly killing the game

>do good shit to make people want to give you money
why do companies not fucking do that
why do they just try to manually extract it from you, all the while making you hate them, and eventually leaving them behind?

because that would make too much cents!

CARLOS

So uh....

whatever happened to Tank Assault?

Well, you see. It works kind of like this. You have a player base of lets say 100,000. 10,000 of those people will be obsessive autistic players that will drop at least 1,000 USD on their way to Tier 5 on all Nations as soon as possible. That's 10,000,000 USD right there.

Gaijin doesn't care about the 90%, they only care about the 10% that will make them the 10 million. The 90% might not even break 3 million in terms of them buying content for this "free to play" game. They know that 90% will move on to other games while their 10% cash cow will keep spending money because in their eyes they're supporting the game or have spent way too much to just quit. So they'll keep adding content that's purchasable, they'll keep making the grind take longer and keep adding more vehicles while not fixing the mechanics that need fixing. Meanwhile that 90% will keep dwindling down till only the 10% remain and that won't be enough to sustain a player base. Then the game will die or Gaijin will make the next "best" thing.

of course they care about the 10%, but I don't see why they don't cater to both
being good businessmen making a quality product would almost definitely get them more from both the 90% and 10%

>an April Fool's joke is better than the actual game
Cannot make this shit up

t-thats the joke