/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

SPOILERS ONGOING AVOID THREAD IF NOT WANT

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah LoreThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda comics and MangaArt Collection
flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12639661/r
youtube.com/watch?v=J0IqVC8mTwk#t=2m30s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What is the max atk up on a torch?

Why is he so perfect?

>fly over a wizrobe
Who's the magician now, mother fucker?

I don't know but the Forest Dweller's Sword acts as a torch if you light it on fire, Link even holds it the same way. It can have some high boosts I think.

It's impossible to fly this thing

>came across my first wild lynel
>level 3 hylian armor
>plenty of heart potions
>lots of food
>lots of shields
>but mostly 2h weapons
how fucked am I?

just flip
Which weapon does he have? If he has a spear or a sword you're cool.

>practicing the infinite horse stamina glitch
>2/3 of the time I can make it work
>1/3 of the time I fuck it up and spin in the air on my shield for a second before falling to the ground like an idiot
I'll never go fast like this

>I don't know but the Forest Dweller's Sword acts as a torch if you light it on fire, Link even holds it the same way. It can have some high boosts I think.
All wooden weapons can do this, but only torches can do this efficiently. This includes things like Dragonbone Moblin clubs.

Paya is best girl.

I feel like I'm one of the few people who actually liked him a lot. He was a cool guy.

*blocks your path*

Something something waifu wars
strawpoll.me/12639661/r

What's the best colors to dye the Vai gerudo clothes?

where can I get more forest dweller's stuff? I use it to avoid lightning during storms but only place I can find it is at that one trial of the wood. There's also a forest dweller's spear but I have no idea how to get that.

>You will never try to get close enough to Daruk to stay in his bubble of protection
I'm a sucker for big, tough, bro characters.They never seem to be too popular wherever they appear, though, so I'm used to it.

woo

You're off the chain

>Urbosa first

Hang in there user!

He's a pretty cool dude, but the thing about Daruk is that he's not waifu material like Mipha or Urbosa, and he's not an instantly unlikable asshole like Ravioli, so there's not as much to really catch people's attention. I hope we get more of all the champs in the DLC, they're all pretty underutilized.

Wait, that looks like a wooden crate? Anyways are you able to control the flying machine more or less perfectly now?

Remove voice acting in the next game or voice act everything including NPCs with one line of dialogue

Best girl.

What's the best way to screenshot on Wii U if I don't want to post spoilers on social media?
Nintendo's thing doesn't allow me to restrict visibility and it even adds tags and hashtags so it's immediately searchable.

voice act everything, voice act the weapons, voice act the environmental ambiance, voice act the menu noises, voice act the music

Ded

Yup the type of crate is not important, I crash landed near a stable and replaced the crate with one from there.

Once you get the hang of controlling the swivel, it controls great. See
It's decently fast, and you don't have to do any inputs when you're in the air so you can just focus on the surroundings. Comfy af. Here's a shrine I somehow missed but found while flying.

Still best waifu

actually the most important thing when fighting lynels is bows and arrow supply.

You'll break a lot of weapons and shields if you just try to sword fight lynels.

pop a defense boosting food item, like 4 ironshrooms and 1 bird egg, that's +3 defense up for almost 5 minutes, you can substitute in armored carp or porgys for ironshrooms as well.

Then you can basically face tank lynels. Fire an arrow into their face whenever they jump back to breathe fire or charge at you with their weapon, then mount them and wail away at them (hits while mounted don't deplete your weapon durability.

Lynels always drop a bow so you're set.. They drop good weapons and shields too but they might not be weapons you want. Like I think spears kind of suck.

Have voice acting in a game focused on story and characters, instead of in a game that barely focuses on those aspects at all.

spears have shit damage but they are super fast and with crazy reach so you can totally punk weaker enemies
Also they work best from horseback

I've been trying to lure the guardian on the beach over to the shrine as an engagement gift for my waifu Loone.

After a certain point, the guardian will start walking BACKWARD when it sees you, but its programming still makes it come forward to your last known position once you hide, so you can gradually inch it toward her.
However, at some point it just plain stops seeing you when you get to close to the NPC; I guess the game has designated safe zones around NPCs that Guardians are set to ignore just in case.

I don't know what I expected, maybe the same reaction when you draw your bow/start swinging a weapon.

Anyone else tried shenanigans with luring guardians to civilians?

You don't lose any durability when you do the Mount QTE on the back of a lynel.

So, just headshot them, get the mount quick event, use your strongest 2H weapon while on the mount, and repeat. I don't attack them any other way.

It's weird that there are no videos of this. None that I found anyway

>head toward yiga clan hideout
>see row of statues with bowls
>remember Yiga like banana
>thinking no way this would work.
>YAHAHA!
Koroks will never stop making me smile.

Also, has anyone tried going to the hideout from the back? Like the front entrance is blocked by a stone wall if you don't have a quest, but the back is a big area, could you just skip the stealth stuff and fight the leader?

there was a lot of exposition from characters involved in the story which was text only

What's the point of having voice acting then I don't think Mipha's dad had a single line voiced for example

Why?

Take all the bananas and fill them all with apples

Yeah that's exactly what I was saying to do. I just started doing that yesterday and Lynels are so fucking easy now I use to blow through a shield and 2-3 weapons per Lynel. now I MIGHT go through a bow every 2-3 Lynels.

It's funny that TP and WW hano voice acting but this game does.

How do you think Nintendo is going to approach 3-D Zelda gameplay from now on?

Just needs dual audio. JP dub will always at least have approval from the developers.

I expect at least one or two more games using the botw engine

Is it just me, or is Zelda getting an awful lot of ghost waifus lately?

I'm pretty sure he won't spawn.

The same way, over and over and over until it becomes as stale as the OoT formula.

i wish you could refight the bosses in this game

Not the next immediate 3d Zelda though

>tfw I didn't go with this route and instead that Pip fucker stole my waifu

I did it the rough way then
>36 defense
>12 hearts
>never in any danger
>used one full elixir+4 and 3 minor foodstuffs
>dodged his running sweep for rush attacks
>used urbosa's fury 3 times to mount its ass
>broke great thunderblade on the 3rd rush
>didnt even bother with arrows
>stasis on fireballs when I was too far away
>or stasis on the charge attack
>running arc around him to avoid other fireballs if I was close enough
>second weapon (giant boomerang) is in no danger of breaking
But holy fuck, level 3 armor is great.

Wind causes turbulence while flying. Pic related, I had striong wind come at me from 10 oclock. I had to stand far left on the box just to keep the swivel from going dangerously left, where usually I can stand in the middle of the box to get a good figure-8 swivel.

This is so fucking cool.

I crash landed a bit after this, not due to the wind difficulties but because I flew too close to the sun and suddenly hit the ceiling of the world and got thrown off.

Going to trek the cart to the nearest stable to refuel and then fly to gerudo valley.

Superior version.

What was this expression trying to convey?

I'm hoping they've learned their lesson and continue to improve upon the core gameplay they've established instead of doing one off gimmicks (riskiest and laziest way to keep things "fresh" too).

determination

The same reason Aonuma locked WWHD at 30 FPS and OK'd bloom in a fucking artstyle trying to emulate animation. Muh "cinematic" feel.

Is this the first Link to kill other humans?

extreme thirst

Is it just me, or do the Yigas look like...

Not necessarily? It's hard to say.

>AoL flavor for iron knuckles just anounts to them being knights guarding the palaces
>LttP dark nuts/guards

Unless shown to be otherwise like in WW dark nuts seem to be human too.

Eh i was fine with the occasional voive/grunt desu. Never asked for VA.

Jealous falco rito bird amused me greatly though.

Triggered

G-dorf is still technically human in TP and WW.

Majora's mask lets link literally blow a character out of existence if you do the wrong thing. :3c

>That Zelda main theme softly playing in piano

Can you blame her for orgasming right there?

>album full
if I delete a picture of something do I lose the ability to track it?

nope

Nope

no that's linked with the compendium

That is the face you make when you drop on your ass while wearing a buttplug.

No. Compendium photos are separate.

I haven't had a chance to play since before the new update, have they actually fixed some of the fps drops?

>his ass can't be better than mine......right?

Nothing for Wii U.
I think they improved the FPS on switch,
I love Nintendo's informative patch notes.

What is so special about lynel storywise? I never play any other zelda beside twilight princess.

nothing, but they're the only appreciably difficult enemy in the entire game

They are tough motherfuckers who don't take shit from small Hylians unless they are in a game like AlttP in which they just suck.

This is the first 3d game they've been in so it's pretty neat to see them

What were the Yiga clan people even doing for the last 10,000 years?

What actually happens when you buy a banana from these guys?

Is there a place where that specific Yiga spawns?
I got the dough.

They fight you. They have unique dialogue if you actually pay the 9000+ rupees you need to buy every banana they sell, but after that they attack you anyway.

Where's the snow balling place?

Right near Hebra Tower

Will Nintendo ever man up and make all the 3D Zeldas available on the virtual console?

>second playthrough
>meet sidon
>hey friend go to zora's domain
>remember that he meets you as you go along
>haha i'll cheese it with ravioli gale i wonder what he'll say
>"I've been waiting for you the whole time link!"
no you fucking haven't don't even lie to me

They're probably the first enemy that will kill you in the original Zelda, which is likely why they were made so badass here.

Wii U was already kind of like between remasters and VC. Sans an SS port though but its VC port of Ocarina was legit awful with input lag.

I would prefer they port the 3DS remasters, upscaled, with better colours for docked mode since their excuse for shitty lighting was handhelds, and added right stick functionality. Bundled together, but the chances of that are depressingly low.

If you go to Zora's Domain with out ever meeting him initially you get an entirely new cutscene

>want to enjoy the open air scenery
>suddenly endless ugly rain
>cant light a fire to pass the time and make it go away

>this fucking autist zora touching the shock arrow over and over again
>it'll train me to resist them
yeah how about i slash you a couple times so you can learn to resist death while you're at it

You usually can. Use cover, trees will work.

>they could literally just wear rubber armor and solve this issue.
>you are now imagining Sidon in latex

youtube.com/watch?v=J0IqVC8mTwk#t=2m30s

>Almost skipped the entirety of the path using ice rune
>Felt bad so I went back
Now I will never know.

Would anyone want a Homemaker DLC where you get to arrange furniture, tend to a garden and do other comfy home things in the Hateno Village house?