/acg/ - Armored Core General: Thighs Edition

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin:
pastebin.com/z1bJS9gF
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially complete recommendation pastebin:
pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr

Steam:
steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>You can do magic

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>You can have anything

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>I'm online right now. Not a whole lot happening, but I'm here for a bit.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

AC Webm collection download.
dropbox.com/s/eh12d8bhn4o5t3p/AC Webm.rar?dl=0#

Also, I made a thing. It's not a good thing, but it's a thing.

It suffers from DSL

I'm also mercing for three people right now, so if somebody gets on we might see some action.

Scratch that, I think they gave up after that loss. Sitting on the registry again.

I can't die, not here.

>you will never have Zinaida sit on your face and constantly berate you for being unworthy of the title of "dominant".

>inkling excited for E3

Oh boy, I can't wait. Armored Core 6 hype!

I am so hyped but so scared

>Armored Core 6! It's a mecha MMO produced by bandai, online only with $100 of mandatory DLC. This is the only way they were able to justify making a new game. No story mode. It doesn't get any patches and has game breaking bugs on launch. Half of the weapons are OHKO weapons in a rock paper scissors system, but like, actually RPS and way worse than ACV was.

but then again it could be

>Armored Core 6! This is a crossplatform 360/PC/PS4 multiplayer mech shooter published by Sony with PS4 and VR support. It's got open-world story mode that other players can invade you in or co-op with, and also a constantly-updated seasonal AI arena and offline mission mode that remakes classic AC missions in the new game engine.

>360

I mean XB1

Because XB1 is so forgettable I forgot it exists

LIVE

bump.

>open-world story mode that other players can invade you in or co-op with

Is this really neccesary? wouldnt this just make AC a Mecha skinned Dark souls?

That's basically what ACV was.

My main motivation for wanting that is it would draw players. People love open world right now (Dark Souls, Nier, MGSV, FFXV) and any game that isn't open world is seen as outdated, even if most of those games are only a 'linear' open world.

An AC game that took inspiration from MGSV, where each mission area was a large open world expansive level and you deployed there for different objectives (with multiple ways to accomplish them) would be ideal.

If you can drive your mech around like in Xenoblade, I'd fund it. I'm a sucker for those games where you have a sweet, like FFXv, but I hate when you can't actually drive it where you want, like FFXV.

bump

rip

does Armored Core have a good difficulty curve?

I feel like it takes a while to get into, but once you learn it, it doesn't challenge you much. Last Raven does a good job of it, but every other can be beat easily.

That's a decent way of looking at it, actually. Essentially, the game throws a wall at you right from the beginning, and you will get shit on until you can climb it. But, once you do. Rather, once you finally take the time to learn and understand how the game works, the game becomes much more manageable.

The only real exception is when you venture online, or otherwise into competitive play, wherein the game hits you with a second, much larger wall, as you realize that all the shit you learned to play against the AI in story mode, does not apply against players, in any way shape or form.

good night /acg/