What the fuck went so wrong

What the fuck went so wrong

Photog couldn't hold the camera level for some reason.

if you mean why the mrs doesnt look as good as its predecessors its because it was meant to compete with porsche that had become popular at the time, but at a much lower price point, so it had similar design queues
if you mean why toyota hasnt made another mr2 its because the average 18-35 driver that the mr2 was aimed at is now content with fwd hatchback vehicles

>18-35 driver that the mr2 was aimed at is afraid to drive anything smaller than a RAV-4

ftfy, normies think small cars are unsafe

Mr2 spyder is still heaps of fun, go try it nigger. Also hard to find something that light and reliable as them anymore.

Isn't the MRS objectively the best chassis of them all?

normies also consider convertibles = gay, which i do too, but for purely ironic reasons
the mrs just was wrong place wrong time, its a wonderful car, direct upgrade from aw11, and thats coming from an aw11 owner

Yes

Styling peaked with aw11
Pic is mine

Yes, also lighter than even an AW11 base model despite convertible top, two airbags, having to meet newer crash standards, rollover bracing for the A-Pillars, side impact bracing, etc. Faster than every other MR2 but a Mk2 Turbo as well.

yep
the only problem is the styling
i would have got one but the aw11 is only slightly slower and has much more appealing aesthetics, along with better cargo and 4age memes
heres mine

Call me a normie but I hate convertibles because of the extra weight and loss of rigidity.

mrs is probably the least culprit when it comes to lack of rigidity, compared to competing convertibles, obviously enough the mrs weighs over 100lbs less than aw11
i simply cannot stand the frogface headlights and the heart shaped tail lights, other than that its superior

put a hardtop and a 2zz in a MR2 for ultimate boner machine

to be honest 2zz or 3sgte aw11 would be more boner because popups, but hardtops do a good job of fixing their lack of style

inb4 the poorfag furfag comes here and gets mad he can't afford an MR-S

>mentioning dogfuckers of any kind
please leave the mr2 threads pure

>tfw it's the best handling car I've ever driven.
It's so damn slow though.

cars that are built as convertibles from the ground up usually don't have this problem as much as cabriolet versions of cars

Miata (one of the most enjoyable chassis of all time)
MRS
S2000 (stiff chassis, close to a racing geometry)
Cappucino (has a delightful chassis)
Honda Beat

But i loooooove japanese cars senpai

actually one of the first mods you should get is some chassis braces.
It doesn't flex that bad but its one of the things you need.
Hardtop helps a lot as well.

DESU I quite like mrs styling. It looks adorable. If you hate the stock look slap a spoiler and a 200 dollar bodykit on it and it now looks heaps better.
Sure it looks worse than sw20 and aw11 but it is by no means an ugly car. If anything it is a contender for the cutest car.
I like mine, I won't bodykit it(past the TRD one which is allready on). I'm looking for hardtop and maybe GT wing one day.