Why do people even bother with FWD?

Why do people even bother with FWD?

Other urls found in this thread:

speedhunters.com/2014/12/akaishi-special-the-joy-of-honda/
vtecclubusa.com/
vtecclubusa.com/classrules/
instagram.com/vtecclubusa/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because it's the stuff winners are made from.

I like the look of civic hatchbacks amd they drive fine
>'but MOOOOM! I need rwd to drift like takumi!'

FWD is like a chubby girl
Your friends make fun of you
But when your alone she gets you!
And my oh my can she be fun

Wow awesome thread OP

Because they are clueless when they start and then get stuck in the nostalgia of the scene or the cars.
Nothing wrong with it. I just don't like when they refuse to accept that it's worse in every possible way from a purely performance stand point. I think only internet fanboys do this though.

To be fair 90s civics actually do have kickass chassis. Double wishbone on all four corners, well balanced, awesome shifter feel, cheap to hot rod. But you have to have nostalgia for one to be dedicated to them.

people don't understand that.

unfortunately civics (in the US) are grouped with ricers/stance fuck boys.

speedhunters.com/2014/12/akaishi-special-the-joy-of-honda/

Yeah and they would be twice as good rwd. Like the s2000. A proper a honda.

Because this little cunt is fun as fuck.

Not disagreeing, but good is good, even if another option is better. S2000s are also meme taxed to high heaven.

I dont think you have a clue what you are talking about.

You either are underage or just a really stupid man child.

Are you saying the Honda Civic would be a better sports car if it was RWD? Are you doubting all the R&D that went into the civic and all the engineers that worked on it way before you or I were even born?

nah man you should disagree with him, that person is a fucking idiot.

Dude probably doesnt even own a car to begin with.

Technically all those traits plus rwd does make an S2000 is all.

not at all. You are an idiot.

stick to playing Forza Horizon

This is exactly what I'm talking about. Delusional fanboyism.

I like Hondas dude.. so calm down.
FWD is just bad. It's a fact.

Yeah, they have some sport models. But, they are still built on an economy chassis with an economy layout. It's not debatable.

There's a reason FWD and RWD are in separate classes. Because they aren't the same.
Home built RWD unlimited cars are like 10 seconds faster than the unlimited Spoon civic (with a professional driver) in GTA for example on every single track in the series.

>Delusional fanboyism

mate I never have owned a Honda neither would I call myself a fanboy. I currently own a sporty RWD car .

That being said Im finished with this convo. I can no longer converse with someone who is so idiotic.

Are you kiwi?

Fedora af

You can't continue the conversation because you're wrong and out of dumb names to call me.

I'm aware a civic's chassis doesn't stay the same if you were to somehow convert it to RWD. All I'm saying is the old civics are fantastic, but all of their good attributes plus an FR or MR drivetrain make a better sports car.
It's not bad, it's just not as good for sporting purposes outside of 2wd rally.

You have to be over the age of 18 to post here.

Would RWD really benefit a lightweight hatchback?
I doubt the new Civic would be so amazingly quick around the Nurburgring if it was RWD.

Because all the RWD cars are expensive or and expensive to insure in the UK or Eurocuckland

Honestly the worst part is that you fail to see I actually like Hondas when built properly. I think the NASA Honda series is great. I think they are great bases for race cars. I even like trailered show cars that never see a strip or a track, stickydiljoe vlog for instance. And the fact that they are built on economy layout is why they are so popular in the first place. Because light simple cars don't get built rwd unfortunately for all of us.

What I don't like though is the fanboyism and mental hoops.

>hurrdurring times
>literally making a civic but RWD
You aren't getting what I'm saying at all.

Nobody cares about racing economy cars, you autistic piece of shit.

Without a doubt if it was built from the drafting table up as RWD it would be faster. Not a single doubt.
Of course if you converted it to RWD it wouldn't be, it's been built to maximize the potential of it's current layout.
Although, that's honestly debatable as well it might very well be faster if converted with new well designed subframes.

>stickydiljoe vlog
love that dudes vlogs.

That dude yuta is wildly cool

It makes sense with economics in mind.

With X dollars you can buy a:
Better handling
Faster
Newer
More powerful
Better equipped
More reliable
Better overall car

Wrong

vtecclubusa.com/

vtecclubusa.com/classrules/

instagram.com/vtecclubusa/

Perhaps. However, when a 300hp FWD car completes a Nurburgring lap in 7:44, I can't consider the drivetrain a handicap. The only conclusion I can draw from that is that FWD is a perfectly acceptable drivetrain for performance.

>my little fan club is more important than almost all of the working class who use economy cars as reliable, efficient transit
Yeah, no.

It's simpler and lighter than other configurations

A Brit

Here's your (you) OP
now go back to /r9k/

>nobody cares
>my little fan club

so what is it?

>There's a reason FWD and RWD are in separate classes. Because they aren't the same.
In many series they are not in seperate classes, and the FWD can win and does win.

That's called BoP, bro. Not unlimited classes.

because you rip dat ebrake for hektic skidz

Unlimited class? where is that happening anymore?

If FWD is such shit, why isn't the BOP more in the continental tire series st class? Why is the mini shitting leading rwd cars.

For on all out race car, sure FWD is absolutely ridiculous, but the closer you get to a street car, and lower power levels, the less of an advantage RWD is.

With FWD you can get more power and be lighter.

because it can accelerate out of corners
just don't ask about corner entry plox

>FWD is just bad

Is that why almost all modern cars are FWD user?
FWD is literally safer, easier to work on, gives more cabin space, pulls you through corners and gives sharp driving feel

I like RWD, for race cars. The civic is not a race car, but it is an enthusiast car. Fuckin RWD fanboy bench racers

I bet you dont even have a car, talking about GTA and shit lmao

FWD handles better than RWD, it just cant handle as much power

no it just forces drivers to handle better

It honestly astonishes that this board is filled with so many retards.

>FWD owners shit on your unsupported opinion
>get called out for not even owning a car
>USES A VIDEO GAME TO TRY PROVE RWD IS BETTER HAHA
>spurgs out and calls everyone retarded

never change rwd drifto nissan S chassis fan boys, never change

>FWD owners shit on your unsupported opinion
This is the cringiest part. That you actually think you've said something correct.
Who said anything about video games? I don't play video games and I don't drift.

Well i have.
FWD is easier to work on.
FWD does give more cabin space
FWD does pull through corners, thats literally what honda said when advertising.
FWD is safer, thats why almost all cars are FWD.

Sorry what was incorrect then user? Since you know all there is to know about FWD.

>FWD is easier to work on.
No it isn't wtf. Yeah I love hoisting my engine to change a clutch.

>FWD does pull through corners
Lol, yeah in rally or on a road covered in ice where that matters.

>a bunch of normie commuter metrics
Ok? Sorry I didn't know i was on consumer reports.

snap understeer in to a fucking tree

>worse in every possible way from a purely performance stand point.
That's a very broad statement to make, there's a hell of a lot more going into performance than just wheels driven. There's a reason the civic R destroys porsches, ferraris and lamborghinis, around the 'ring, even though its FWD. You're right that it's far from the best option for performace, but to say that it's worse in every possible way is incorrect.

>S2000
>one of the TWO RWD Hondas
>a proper Honda