Why don't car manufacturers just reproduce their classics?

Why don't car manufacturers just reproduce their classics?

>tfw no supras or skylines
>no chargers or challengers
>no ae86 etc

Because a car built in 2017 has to follow 2017 safety and efficiency regulations.

>Implying you can't make a classic safe by adding ten gorillion airbags and crumplezomes
RETARD ALERT.

why would you pay more money for an outdated car ?

They re-hash them.

What do you think the GT86 is if not a reimaging of the Supra/AE86?

Then it's a heavy, tall, bloated mess just like every modern car. Want a new classic? Buy one and fix it up.
Gt86 is not a supra in the slightest.

>cucked Pavlovian responses from the well trained goyim

>(((outdated)))

These memes are for mouthbreathers. There is nothing stopping companies from tweaking the car slightly to shut up the hippies from bitching about muh environment. Implying making millions of more cars isn't as harmful.

>Gt86 is not a supra in the slightest

Exactly, but when you say buy an older car, why do that when the manufacturer could make another 1000 or so for those who want a completely healthy car?

you have no idea how car manufacturing works at all, do you?

user. Look at modern crash test standards and look at how old cars fair. You can't just add x and they pass.

Reproduce? You mean still produce?

>I'm a faggot who knows something you don't so I will just ask you the question with out giving my take on it as I have none

>muh safety

What happened to my fucking Race and civilisation? If you're scared of death that much, don't fucking drive as no matter how (((safe))) you think your shitty modern car is, it will still crumple under the right conditions. Just add better fucking support for the remade cars if it bothers you so much.

Even 1000 potential buyers of a retro revival is fuck nothing when most car models would be considered a sales flop selling only 1000 a month. Would be a complete waste of time and money for the company even if they had all the old tooling available to put into production tomorrow. They don't care about making cool stuff a handful of enthusiasts want, they care about making money.

>GT86 is not the AE86 in the slightest

That's like saying the Dodge Charger isn't the same as the Dodge Charger Daytona

I said it's not a supra in the slightest. It's absolutely in the spirit of the old AE86.

>safety standards
>emmissions
dumbass

>1 million bongbucks
>not street legal
That's probably part of the reason why

Do you know what small overlap is? Do you know what rollovers are? Do you think the safety committees are made of people who care about personal responsibility? Do you understand why crumple zones are good, even? Do you understand g force in crashes?

no its like saying a 1974 dodge dart is not the same as a 2013 dodge dart

Look at what Ford did to the Shelby Cobra!

So you're saying the Chevrolet Malibu isn't the same as the Chevrolet Malibu?

You don't say, you dumb faggot? But look at how you respond in such a fucking cucked way. Don't you have any shame?

>wah wah shaftey s-shtandards
>e-e-emmisions

Cry me a fucking river.

Are there no exceptions to this rule?

You asked why not and there's your answer, why are you being argumentative and stutterposting?

Kit cars. Refer to

Because women and beta males won't buy them because they "look old" and aren't a bloated ugly square angry mess

Literally free market and we are a minority. They literally don't care about car enthusiasts because they don't make money of us.

How do you post here if you can't read?

Jaguar/Land Rover have a *Reborn* program

Honestly most "car enthusiasts" who like stuff like that are poor.

If you can't shell out the equivalent money (50-80k) that a lot of those classics would run if built today then you know why they don't make them.

Tldr; people who like em don't buy em

yes

Because 99% of people don't want a pesudo supercar or track weapon.
They want a reliable a 2 b utility that is cheap to run and cheep to buy.

For a million quid you could manufacture 10. Keep 1, sell 9 and retire.

Dumb frogposter.

Because cars need to look like a bar of soap and act as a comfy bed for stupid pedestrians.

>WAAAAAH WHER MUH CLASSICS AT

shut the fuck up you retard boomer

What about a small part of Toyota, Mazda, or Honda that makes panels/bodies for specific people who order them?
Or build the car only when people order it?

Because the market price is almost always below original retail even adjusted for inflation instead of modern cost to produce.

Veeky Forums wonders why no one seems to make cars tailored for Veeky Forums even though no one can afford to pay for said cars new.

New Twingo with old design when?

>Renaultsport classic twingo

>muh speed
>muh regulations
>muh fuel economy

>making cars safer is stupid because they will never be completely safe
not sure if ironic contrarian LARPing or a genuinely mentally handicapped teenager
>What happened to my fucking Race and civilisation?
ah yes, it's all clear now

>why don't manufacturers invest money in production of cars that are inferior to modern in literally every way that matters in everyday life solely to appease a group of rabid autistical teenage boiracers on the internet who wouldn't be able to afford them anyways
Truly a mystery.

It's a shit answer, you arrogant faggot. Fuck off to another thread, you're not need here.

>WAAAHHH MR NOSEBERG SAID WE CAN'T HAVE NICE CARS CUZ MISHUNS AND STUFF

>no argument

>i'll just make assumptions

Then why doesn't everyone just buy a 500 dollar shitbox?

I can't believe there were forty-odd posts after this. Dumb frogposters.