Land barge thread

Is the 1992-1997 Crown Vic considered a land barge? Also land barge thread, bonus points if you find one that isn't American.

Yes, Panthers and B-bodies are the last quintessential land barges (body on frame, V8, RWD, 17+ foot length).

Also 4000+lb curb weight.

I was asking because besides its size, it doesn't look like a traditional land barge.

>bonus points if you find one that isn't American
*unsheathes overengineering*

Define traditional. If you mean the big boxes on wheels, they pretty much died out by the 90's other than the Town Car which kept its boxy shape up until '98. Under the body panels though they're definitely still barges, a lazy V8 and an automagic 4-speed running on a platform dating back to the 70's.

I guess it's because the 92-97 crown Vic doesn't have a large grill, like other land barges. Hell the 92 had no grill at all.

Also because the car just looks very thin.

It's because for those years they modeled the Crown Vic after the hugely successful Taurus. People didn't like it very much, though, as the demographic buying full-size CVs were older and more traditional than those buying the smaller, soap-bar Taurus, and so the older-looking Grand Marquis with its waterfall grille and squared roofline outsold the Crown Vic a number of years until 1998 when Ford cave the CV the Marquis' roofline and squared off the fascias of both cars.

>tfw marauder

feels good

>black out a crown vic
>sell it as a mercury
why the fuck, ford?

post pic Im jelly

say what you want man it rides comfy and the little things make it miles better than a normal marquis

>tfw marauder
Why only one?

Management decided Mercury needed something interesting at the time. Problem was, they restricted the budget so bad, the Marauder team wasn't allowed to do what they wanted to do.

Such as, supercharger option, borla exhaust, PBR brakes, 6spd auto and many more things.

the guy i bought mine from was actually selling 2, but he wanted a ridiculous price for the one with less miles

I do wish they were worth more (because it would slightly justify all the money I have into the red one) but the price scales are so far apart on these cars. Clapped out cars from philly are worth 4-5 grand where a 20k mile car is 20-22. There is almost no in between at this point. I bought the black car off a kid in CT who ran the motor 4 quarts low on oil and it developed a rod knock. Had I not bought it, it'd either be in the JY or cruising some ghetto.

Aero's are actually the lightest panther (minus base model tudor boxes) My 92 clocks in at just over 3600#, and 95-97's can be even lighter

I wish I didn't know that. That's disgusting.

C-bodies count, right?

>fwd econobox

no

Help my teacher is being sexist and lowering my grade I gave her my homework period three and she gave me an 85 but my other friend who copied exactly from me and handed it period 7 got a 100....
The teacher is a feminist woman
This is at fort Hamilton high school and her name is MrsOleary..... Please help spread the word about femanist teachers like her because my regents grade was a 95 and my class grade is a 90 because she gives me 85 on hw even though I get 100 on all exams

/tv/ might be more your speed

>list of c-body cars
>fleetwood
>deville
>Electra
>not land barges
Kys

Low milage original 76 town coupe seen at a show last Sunday. Yellow leather pillow top seats. Stunning

Could do without the gangster-walls but I understand proper 3/4 inch whitewalls are becoming hard to get.

There are multiple versions of the C-body, but only the RWD drive ones count as land barges.

What exactly makes RWD a stipulation for being a barge? As I was aware it had all to do with the length of the body.

If you make RWD a requirement for being a barge, that means disqualifying the E-bodies including the Toronado and Eldorado which is silly.

Seems to me like the typical Veeky Forums autism.
>"I don't like x, so things with x aren't worth mentioning."

my box 89 grand marquis gs weighs 3675, so the previous gen can be pretty light too.

Postan landbarge in a landbarge thread!

>mfw I actually like the Taurus-based styling on the huge car

I really like the ass end, especially with the Ford emblem in the top right instead of the center like the whales have. The front end, not so much.

Nice slab

That's not a front drive C-body, now is it?

Oh, and post-'85 E-bodies aren't landbarges either.

Can someone redpill me on the Mark VIII?
It's probably boaty enough to fit in here. I miss my T-bird and want a cheap comfy couch on wheels, and the styling is growing on me.

I like 'em but don't know much about the 4v 4.6s.

Did it come from the factory in red or did you paint it?

I didn't know they came in anything but black. Well I think I've seen a silver one too now that I think about it. Looks nice either way in that color.

980 were made in red for 2004 only. 328 in blue for 03 only (red replaced blue)

I forget how many were in silver for 03 and 04. Not many 03's were silver, I think total hangs around 2000 area.

Why?

I think for a car to be considered a landbarge it should meet most if not all of these standards:
Body on frame sedan/coupe
V8 engine
RWD
17+ foot length
Bench seats
Shifter in the steering column
~4000+lbs curb weight
Fit at least two dead hookers in the trunk
bonus points for hood ornaments

Am I missing anything?

>Am I missing anything?

Automagic trans and soft "boat-y" suspension

more like 5 dead hookers, i can stuff two into a 'vette.

just too small, less than 16' long

Not if they're...

I like it. It's definitely a "90s" look. It definitely locks the car into the time period.

Can I play?

amidoinitrite

>buying a Mirage in the first place

Hell yeah you can

Great cars despite their shit tier ugly appearance. Interiors are surprisingly nice for the era though. They were slower than their main competitor, the Cadillac Eldorado, but being RWD and sharing many similarities and its engine with the sn Cobra leaves them with substantial performance potential. 97-98 cars had a ton of luxury features ahead of their time, but are more prone to electrical issues. Good luck finding a 97-98 with functional neon tail/brake lights.

Why are you asking tibetan monks about this on a lithuanian welding board?

Thanks for the input. I used to hate their looks but it's really grown on me. And speed comes second to comfort to me, so being slower than a similar Caddy doesn't bother me.
>electrical issues
What's a good year to look for, then? I hate electrical gremlins. Ideally I was hoping for a 96+ for OBD-II since I live in a county with emission regulations and CELs are the biggest thorns in my side.

93-95 obd1 are generally regarded as the best. 97-98s look a little better. 96 is the odball year being its obd2 but carryover from 93 body/interior.

>land barge thread
>no packards

>tfw the era of the land barge is long gone
Feels bad man

I know people may have their problems with them but there's just something about their appearance and aesthetics that is comfy and reassuring. I guess it's because in our minds (or my mind at least) we associate them with a better time.