I want to get the fuck out of where I'm at now

I want to get the fuck out of where I'm at now.
Anyone have any experiences or recommendations about living out of a vehicle?

Other urls found in this thread:

cheaprvliving.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I also don't have a vehicle suited for living out of. I've currently got about $1400 and my current car is probably worth somewhere between $2000-3000 at this point. Willing to take out a loan if need be.

>Anyone have any experiences or recommendations about living out of a vehicle?
There is a website with specific advice for living out of a vehicle. I don't have the URL or name because I had never contemplated living that way since my area is very hostile to all forms of living in cars outside of official campgrounds.

Thanks anyway.

i've never been in it for the long haul but i've slept in my grand marquis a few times.

been thinking about doing a van build but local van prices are way up ever since petrol jumped from 5$/gal to like 2$/gal

you can build/run a modest solar rig that'll power just about any electronics you could need and certain cell carriers might be able to hook you up with data plans if you have a way to make money through the internet

also might want to look into a planet fitness membership, the 10$/mo is worth it for the shower use alone and they're literally everywhere.

Walmart is also virtually everywhere and is "camper friendly", meaning they won't throw a hissy if you park on their lot overnight since usually people doing that are also picking up some kind of supplies from the store.

>hurr durr this is a shithole
The problem is you, not the place you live.

All great advice, thank you.

You don't know anything about me or where I live.

I live in a very small town surrounded by other small towns. Let's just say the job market is limited. With nothing tying me down here I don't really have a good reason not to try to move to a different location.

I'd say take the leap op, being in the same place for too long is enough to drive anyone nuts.

Cheers

Did you just finish high school or college? If you have a degree you should find a job before you move.

I've got a HS diploma. Lining up a job elsewhere first is the plan though.

>job before moving

oh yeah, candidates that aren't local sure do have a leg up on the competition

as stiff as the competition is for entry level gigs in literally every industry getting in somewhere you don't live is far from likely, it's sometimes even difficult for veterans in high demand fields.

nerd is planning on living in a car/truck/van, after the initial investment the cost to keep up that lifestyle is fairly low compared to renting/owning a home and hardly requires a steady job.

>using a cheap fitness subscription for showers across the entire country
Wow, I never thought of this. That's actually pretty damn clever.

Trade car for a van on Craigslist.

I lived in my Malibu for a year. Get a conversion van.

jap minivan maybe?
and get a gym membership

tfw when no dually CJ5

Best of luck op.
It's pretty ballsy,but think of the regret if you stay even just a few more years.

how?

what you want to know?

Transit commuter parking and construction sites were my goals for overnight since their not patrolled and see zero activity after dark.
Small suburban office complexes work too but may be patrolled.
Don't bother with toilet paper, use baby wipes. Bathing is best done with liquid soap and a loofah pouf every other day. Public parks, libraries and athletic fields are good sources to top off grey water supply. One 5 gallon jug and 4 single gallon jugs. Use the 5 gallon jug for bathing and the gallon jugs for shaving, washing hands and clothes. Not sure about panel vans but trucks with camper covers and wagons work well to.

cheaprvliving.com/
I've just been lurking this site but haven't done anything
It's mainly retired people and bloggers trying to get likes on social media who need all kinds of comforts. Be smart and get only what you need, solar is a big meme apparently